IGNORED

The last kit reveal - purple and lime now live

Silvio Dante

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Purple and lime do go well  together but I really don't like the chest stripe at all.

I can see what you’re saying. Maybe they could of mixed it up . Especially on the Home shirt. Too much like Middlesbrough. But it definitely works on the other 2 for me . Really like the white and black 

10 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Voting time, I agree with red army for me - 

1st White away kit, loving the robin

2nd Purple and lime 3rd kit, iconic now

3rd Red home kit, ok but not as good as t'others IMO

Looking back after a few days I prefer the red compared to my first impressions but its still in 3rd the white and black looks dated or "retro" depending on your perspective so I would put it in 2nd (I think it's a great piece on merchandise but not a great current day football shirt). I think the purple and lime is my favourite at the moment but need to give it a few days and see how I feel then. 

12 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Voting time, I agree with red army for me - 

1st White away kit, loving the robin

2nd Purple and lime 3rd kit, iconic now

3rd Red home kit, ok but not as good as t'others IMO

I agree that the away one looks best. 

The kits have to be different each year, so they are decent, if not the best that we’ve had. 

Could possibly try a diagonal band next year, ala Peru..?

I’d like the idea of last season’s home kit, in the purple with lime pinstripes. 

Overall I like them. We’ve had better but had plenty worse. 

The band is much better placed than on ‘Boro’s kit, imo. 

Not a fan personally but I’m not keen on any of the shirts this year in all honesty. 

However I think the club have done well this year

Home shirt will always sell well

Away shirt has the Robin so will appeal to a lot going by the responses

Purple and lime has its own following and will sell well im sure. 

So I think the shirt sells along with the training wear/merch will be good this year

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Not a fan personally but I’m not keen on any of the shirts this year in all honesty. 

However I think the club have done well this year

Home shirt will always sell well

Away shirt has the Robin so will appeal to a lot going by the responses

Purple and lime has its own following and will sell well im sure. 

So I think the shirt sells along with the training wear/merch will be good this year

Very clever marketing, along with the annoying wait , has probably been seen and talked about by thousands . 

Plus seperating the Robin on one shirt and the Purple /lime on another could get many buying 2.

Would have liked us to try something totally different with the P&L shirt, maybe one of those blended/graduated designs...or go full Nigeria! Just a reproduction of the home and away, which havent gone down a storm because of the stripe, is a bit too lazy.

I love the Purple and Lime it gives us a real identity that even our traditional red and white doesn't.

Luckily for you traditionalists that I'm not a mad Asian billionaire because I'd have us playing in Purple and Lime at home and I'd lie to you lot that it was considered ' lucky ' in Bedminstan .

Then I'd get us promoted to the Prem with Colin and Holloway as his assistant.

You'd love me . 

I love the purple and lime and how controversial it is. Away fans almost always dislike it, it's fantastic.

That kit IS Bristol City now, its part of our identity and I hope the club never get rid of it.

The white one would be my favourite if not for the robin badge. 

1. Home

2. Purple

3. White

Either way think they'll all sell well.

Do think people are a bit stupid asking for adult sizes without the sponsor though and replaced with 'Robins'. 

Looks very childish with that on the front and you'd be paying for a full priced kit that isn't the actual kit. 

Nobody really expects a release of adult sizes like this right?

I still dream of the days when our away shirt was a very distinctive pale yellow.

And, of course, the fabulous blue in which we played in the Cup Final.

Bring back yellow and blue, I say

Perhaps these colours are held back pending promotion!

Archived