IGNORED

The last kit reveal - purple and lime now live

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

Either way think they'll all sell well.

Do think people are a bit stupid asking for adult sizes without the sponsor though and replaced with 'Robins'. 

Looks very childish with that on the front and you'd be paying for a full priced kit that isn't the actual kit. 

Nobody really expects a release of adult sizes like this right?

On the contrary; far more people would buy it with no advertising whatsoever.

And if 'Robins' looks childish then what does that say about our nickname? And you are even called Robin; Total and utter nonsense. :P

43 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

And if 'Robins' looks childish then what does that say about our nickname? And you are even called Robin; Total and utter nonsense. :P

Agree totally with this. I hate sponsor names on shirts - especially a betting company.  Again, money talks loudest with major sponsorship deals.

Also think "Robins" is a stupid nickname: there must be dozens of clubs nicknamed "The Robins". Cheltenham and Swindon spring to mind, Charlton, too. Why? Cos their shirts are red - like the robin's chest! Geddit? Dohhhhh.  Might as well call us the "Pillarboxes", or "Warning lights".

I'm liking the suspension bridge on the away shirt, though: now this is unique to, and representataive of, Bristol.

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

Sorry.

Ola doesn't do purple and lime! :)

Correction - she does , but just not as one ensemble.

This was the first option the club looked at, with the tops and bottoms intergangeable to give a number of different purple and lime combinations.

The club rejected this idea as the sponsor again wasn't happy that there was not enough room for their name and the club  thought  the purple wasn't the right shade. The   players raised concerns  about the amount of waxing that would be required to wear this ( although one or two said their current personal grooming regime would be sufficient! :shocking:)

Juts a shame that it seems unlikely that we''ll  be signing this Ola fella, but think a goalie is more important

lime.jpg

purple.jpg

53 minutes ago, downendcity said:

This was the first option the club looked at, with the tops and bottoms intergangeable to give a number of different purple and lime combinations.

The club rejected this idea as the sponsor again wasn't happy that there was not enough room for their name and the club  thought  the purple wasn't the right shade. The   players raised concerns  about the amount of waxing that would be required to wear this ( although one or two said their current personal grooming regime would be sufficient! :shocking:)

Juts a shame that it seems unlikely that we''ll  be signing this Ola fella, but think a goalie is more important

lime.jpg

purple.jpg

That looks blue not purple to me...You find these photos waaaaay too easily :laughcont:

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

lime.jpg

purple.jpg

She appears to be in goal with what looks like the g*s`s main stand to her right in the first photo so perhaps there are things we don`t know. It would certainly serve to distract any opposition player bearing down on goal too if she was dressed like that.

I doubt she could do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke though.

I am a bit meh on this one.

I am sat here now in last seasons purple and lime shirt thinking I look the dogs nob and thinking this is one of the best shirts produced in a while but I think the lime chest on the new one is too bright.

I love the vibrant red of the home kit and the vibrant purple of the away but that lime needed dulling down I feel and is too much.

Overall pleased though.

3 kits all with the same general look and feel and obviously for a fan born in the 70s who grew up mainly in the 80s developing my love affair with city - loving the white 3rd kit and THAT badge. Loving the fact I have another birthday coming up in July and the darling daughter has pre-ordered that for my pressie !! :worship2:

51 minutes ago, RedM said:

That looks blue not purple to me...You find these photos waaaaay too easily :laughcont:

Had to look bloody hard to find that, which was the closest I could get, let alone a proper purple. 

Mrs Downend is on holiday with one of her friends, so Ive plenty of time to search the net ;):laughcont:

28 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

She appears to be in goal with what looks like the g*s`s main stand to her right in the first photo so perhaps there are things we don`t know. It would certainly serve to distract any opposition player bearing down on goal too if she was dressed like that.

I doubt she could do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke though.

She definitely a "keeper" !

Could she do a wet Tuesday night over here in Fenland though - Ive got a dry towel to hand if that would help, along with an 21 year old lad and a set of jump leads?

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Oh my God, I'm changing my username. Literally NOBODY gets the double meaning.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Purple and lime needs to be condemned now...yes I get the history with the tinnion goal but just a horrible colour match. Love going back to the white away kit

I think its probably run its course for a few years. Its been great for last 3 seasons or whatever it is but the reason it was so good before was because it was used like 20 years after the first time.

Personally I love the first one they brought back the best in 2014 I think it was.

8 hours ago, Neo said:

I am a bit meh on this one.

I am sat here now in last seasons purple and lime shirt thinking I look the dogs nob and thinking this is one of the best shirts produced in a while but I think the lime chest on the new one is too bright.

3 kits all with the same general look and feel and obviously for a fan born in the 70s who grew up mainly in the 80s developing my love affair with city - loving the white 3rd kit and THAT badge. Loving the fact I have another birthday coming up in July and the darling daughter has pre-ordered that for my pressie !! :worship2:

You are a dog’s nob.

And how many birthdays do you have a year?

7/10 overall for BS on the kit front.

I thought last year was a great year kit wise. I bought the home kit rather than the away one but thought they were two excellent kits. Last year's home kit - just based on design and taking nostalgia out of it - might be my favourite kit we've had.

This year I'm not to enthused. I'd go 3rd kit, away kit, home kit if I had to put them in order but neither home nor away excite me. I might end up buying a 3rd kit or I might not.

Still, the club can't please everyone every year. And if we have a great season I'll love the kits for the memories regardless of what I think now!

On 23/06/2018 at 10:01, Major Isewater said:

I love the Purple and Lime it gives us a real identity that even our traditional red and white doesn't.

Luckily for you traditionalists that I'm not a mad Asian billionaire because I'd have us playing in Purple and Lime at home and I'd lie to you lot that it was considered ' lucky ' in Bedminstan .

Then I'd get us promoted to the Prem with Colin and Holloway as his assistant.

You'd love me . 

My QPR supporting flatmate asked me a couple of days ago how I'd react if the club announced purple and lime as our home kit. My honest answer was I'd be delighted! Let's hope for everyone else's sake neither of us finds ourselves in a position where we're wealthy enough to buy the club!

17 hours ago, soultrader said:

Really like the new Swansea kit .. plain black and white ...

Reckon the away strip would be ok in purple and lime too

https://www.store.swanseacity.com/event/kit

That’s the sort of blended/graduated effect on their away kit I was meaning in my post on this thread that I wished we had gone for in purple and lime. I wish we had tried something a bit different than the home and away designs. Maybe next year...

Archived