IGNORED

Bristol City youngsters

Redshorts

The young players are performing extremely well for the most part. Vyner and Kelly imo should be rotating at RB/LB and some CB in cup games.

Smith, Morell, Bakinson and McCoulskey should be looking at projected playoff L2 teams or L1.

Hinds I think needs a Johnny Smith type loan to conference at least for half the season.

O’Leary needs anyone in L1/L2 that needs a keeper if possible but may be needed to be #2 and I am ok with that. 

There are a few like Andrews, Semenyo, Dowling and Evans who I would be happy to go to Cheltenham/Newport/Yeovil to possibly get the exposure to league football. 

That is possibly XI players playing some type of league football next season which would be fantastic. The hope would be to progress to our first team but could be a few money makers in there like Wes Burns was after a good spell in L1. One of the things the club is getting spot on in their new look

5 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Hinds is nowhere near league 1 standard 

Agree. Conference would be good. Quite smallish and probably needs to learn how to use that to his advantage. Really just needs minutes at mens football which conference level should provide

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

The young players are performing extremely well for the most part. Vyner and Kelly imo should be rotating at RB/LB and some CB in cup games.

Smith, Morell, Bakinson and McCoulskey should be looking at projected playoff L2 teams or L1.

Hinds I think needs a Johnny Smith type loan to conference at least for half the season.

O’Leary needs anyone in L1/L2 that needs a keeper if possible but may be needed to be #2 and I am ok with that. 

There are a few like Andrews, Semenyo, Dowling and Evans who I would be happy to go to Cheltenham/Newport/Yeovil to possibly get the exposure to league football. 

That is possibly XI players playing some type of league football next season which would be fantastic. The hope would be to progress to our first team but could be a few money makers in there like Wes Burns was after a good spell in L1. One of the things the club is getting spot on in their new look

We basically made Cheltenham take Morrell didn't we? Dowling should be the next, looks very good. Few years time I could see him fitting in with us if we're operating the same way

1 hour ago, hodge said:

We basically made Cheltenham take Morrell didn't we? Dowling should be the next, looks very good. Few years time I could see him fitting in with us if we're operating the same way

Think there were those rumours and not hard to believe as he hadn’t played many minutes at senior level at any level. Agree re Dowling though he could have other suitors because there will be video footage of him. That is why having the links are important as it gives our players exposure. 

10 hours ago, hodge said:

If that is the case, they got a good player.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yeah, obviously LJ had faith in him but no league clubs would have seen much of him so didn't want to take a chance. 

Yeah, that is part of the problem of being in the south west backwater.  If Rovers weren’t Rovers, having a team nearby in Lg1 would be useful.

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Yeah, I saw/heard  a clip of LJ saying he had to talk them into having him. Worked out well as the reports I've seen all seem promising. Handy having your Dad at a League club locally ain't it, works out OK for them too.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Yeah, I saw/heard  a clip of LJ saying he had to talk them into having him. Worked out well as the reports I've seen all seem promising. Handy having your Dad at a League club locally ain't it, works out OK for them too.

Think Morrell ended up as one of their star players.

Suspect that finding a loan for him won't be a problem (at least not by way of a lack of offers) this time.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Think Morrell ended up as one of their star players.

Suspect that finding a loan for him won't be a problem (at least not by way of a lack of offers) this time.

I imagine they'll see who comes in, then choose the highest level he'll get regular games at. Obviously needs to play, but with luck he'll step up a level.

19 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Gwarn Gary tell us where hes going.

:fear::fear:  :laugh:, I would be shot at Dawn .... He is back in Bristol tomorrow and training from Friday, he has bulked up a bit now and never out of the Gym or Park !!  so we will see where the first two weeks takes him... I am hoping he gets a shot in the preseason games and everyone can see the improvement .... just hard to call this .... :shutup:

2 minutes ago, Garycpos said:

:fear::fear:  :laugh:, I would be shot at Dawn .... He is back in Bristol tomorrow and training from Friday, he has bulked up a bit now and never out of the Gym or Park !!  so we will see where the first two weeks takes him... I am hoping he gets a shot in the preseason games and everyone can see the improvement .... just hard to call this .... :shutup:

Good to hear. Hoping he's not going way up north as I've wanted to go and watch him for a bit now.

Who knows, big Lee might take a proper shine to him and he could be in with a shout of a spot in the matchday squad. Stranger things have happened.

Archived