IGNORED

the new strip ...

Jarman

2 minutes ago, Jarman said:

Knowing quite a few gambling addicts .... can I say that any fan who buys a replica shirt promoting a gambling company is a **** ... sorry but somebody needs to say it.  

Suppose you thought the same when we were sponsored by Blackthorn Cider in solidarity to all the alcoholics out there. Or Thorn Security for those who have a propensity to burgle.

You're entitled to your opinion mate, but I think the majority of people buy a shirt for the team they support, the design or colour and not necessarily the sponsor.

5 minutes ago, Jarman said:

Knowing quite a few gambling addicts .... can I say that any fan who buys a replica shirt promoting a gambling company is a **** ... sorry but somebody needs to say it.  

But it's ok to promote alcohol etc?

You're a joke. If what's written on a shirt makes people gamble I'd agree but it doesn't.

7 hours ago, Jarman said:

And you couldn`t have said this on the twenty page `new sponsor` thread where other posters expressed the same concerns but in a reasoned and non-insulting way?

That wouldn`t have given you your five minutes of attention though would it?

You can say what you like, doesn't make it true. Fact is they're on our shirts as they pay the most money to be there, in turn that benefits the club I love so it doesn't bother me.

We buy the shirts to support the club, that much should be obvious.

Why do you feel the need to be offended for other people? 

You're either a troll or a ****, sorry but somebody needed to say it.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

And you couldn`t have said this on the twenty page `new sponsor` thread where other posters expressed the same concerns but in a reasoned and non-insulting way?

That wouldn`t have given you your five minutes of attention though would it?

Exactly. “Somebody needs to say it”...well many of us raised concerns. Remarkably though most of us managed to stop short of saying anyone who buys it is a ****. Utter cringe from the OP.

9 hours ago, Jarman said:

You’re the bloke that told us the Mem is full every time the Gas Play.

Your profile also has a picture of Eastville.

You talk shit, why don’t you sign up to Slagchat?

9 hours ago, Jarman said:

And yet. if your rag bag band of shitehawks, masquerading as a football club ,somehow managed to draw a sponsorship from an alcohol/gambling/tobacco/slavery company  you would be knocking over children and grannies just to get a jesters shirt with it on !
We already know hypocrisy is strong within the tented community , so it would only take one of these companies to win the yearly raffle for you to change your mind. 
Why not jog on to the gAss chat site where your myopic views would be appreciated a little more.

Others have voiced worries about the link, which is fine, but calling people ***** for buying a football shirt really is pathetic.

I was a heavy fruit machine and football betting gambling addict in my youth. Not now - sorted myself out by stopping gambling completely and it was not hard.

Now I can still happily still have the odd bet and fine with it. 

Pre-ordered the shirt and will proudly wear it - it is an addiction that can be controlled with will-power; it is nothing like cigarettes for starters having recently ceased that vice.

Anybody who says having a gambling sponsor on their shirt as another part of the reason they gamble is using weak excuses to cover their own failings.

It is the lure of flashing lights on the machine or the thought that luck will change etc that drives gambling addiction.

Yes the number of sites and constant adverts does not help but only the individual can choose not to visit the site or not to enter the bookies.

Nobody talks about shopping addiction when amazon or next advertise - just as financially crippling some families - just not as prevalent.

No sympathy in this case - the guilt of stealing from my parents etc to feed my habit will never go away for me but it is not hard to stop when you stop kidding yourself the next bet will be the one as it won’t.

10 hours ago, Jarman said:

It’s ok to play in the sky bet championship tho’

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

So now dunder is our kit sponsor, if I buy the shirt I am more likely to become a gambling addict? What absolute nonsense. Gambling is something that brings a lot of joy to people, just like many other addictive things like alcohol, food, sex, otib! Almost anything can be addictive. As long as it doesnt say something like heroin or crack cocaine on our shirt, then pretty much anything goes as far as I'm concerned. 

You say that, but the Thorn Security shirts inspired me to become a burglar.

8 hours ago, Neo said:

I was a heavy fruit machine and football betting gambling addict in my youth. Not now - sorted myself out by stopping gambling completely and it was not hard.

Now I can still happily still have the odd bet and fine with it. 

Pre-ordered the shirt and will proudly wear it - it is an addiction that can be controlled with will-power; it is nothing like cigarettes for starters having recently ceased that vice.

Anybody who says having a gambling sponsor on their shirt as another part of the reason they gamble is using weak excuses to cover their own failings.

It is the lure of flashing lights on the machine or the thought that luck will change etc that drives gambling addiction.

Yes the number of sites and constant adverts does not help but only the individual can choose not to visit the site or not to enter the bookies.

Nobody talks about shopping addiction when amazon or next advertise - just as financially crippling some families - just not as prevalent.

No sympathy in this case - the guilt of stealing from my parents etc to feed my habit will never go away for me but it is not hard to stop when you stop kidding yourself the next bet will be the one as it won’t.

I don’t think anyone is saying having a gambling company on the shirt will make someone gamble :rolleyes: it’s more to do with the club being associated with a gambling company. For me I would prefer we weren’t and that we were sponsored by a local company but thats not likely. I won’t refuse to buy the shirt because of it or judge anyone that does.

i don’t like the huge involvement of betting companies with football, constant adverts round the ground and every other TV advert during a game broadcast being betting related. I believe that DOES encourage people to gamble.

at the same time I earn more than my salary on the side from gambling sites so I’m not leading the charge for the industry to collapse.

I’m gonna squeeze my 6ft 3/15.5 stone body into the kids shirt with Robins on the front just to take a stand against the sponsor..... 

The idea anyone would gamble because some gambling company (who id never heard of before it was announced) is printed on a football clubs shirt is pretty unlikely. Man Utd were sponsored by Vodafone as they went down the toilet, I don’t fly emirates or etihad and don’t use Lancer Scott for my construction needs!

10 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It’s ok to play in the sky bet championship tho’

Important difference. The club have little influence on this whereas they have complete control of doing a deal with Dunder.

Really hoped in 2018 we would have higher standards than this. 

I'm not fussed about gambling or alcohol sponsorship, but then again I'm a target market for both.

In my view, being upset with the club is the wrong way to go about it. If you see it as a bad thing then the people you need to protest to are the FA, the Football League, and your local MP. It's these groups that have the authority to stop these brands from advertising in professional sports.

Archived