IGNORED

England v Panama Match Day Thread

wendyredredrobin

just Loftus cheek in for Alli then. fair enough. I would have had Rose in for Young but there

it is....

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Good on you, enjoy the live match.

Good investigative work Sox. So you are saying Germany likely to finish 2nd and would play the winners of our group? 

I have two at the ready and newly procurred, soaking in local beer for a fuller flavour.

And thanks for the Match Day Wendy.

thats what i have as well, we play columbia in the round of 16 then Germany.

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Looking forward to this one following a reasonable start against Tunisia, though Belgium showed yesterday how it should be done. 1pm kick off for anyone who might have forgotten.

Seems like Deli Ali is out and will be replaced by Loftus-Cheek. I've not seen too much of him, but hope he does well.  Rashford in for Sterling, maybe.  I have been a bit disappointed with Raheem's goal tally, though his end product at international level seems to be lacking a bit too.

We need quite a few goals now to match Belgium's goal difference if we want to be in with a chance of winning the group with a draw against them.  I can't see that happening though as Panama seem to keep 11 behind the ball.

I would certainly like to see England being a bit more adventurous against teams like this and hope that Gareth doesn't have to shoulder the blame for a dislocated performance. The Belgium game is of course the one to test our mettle on Thursday.

I've been picking up some of the games on BBC 4k.  Anyone like to comment on their 4k experience.  For me, going back th HD after watching 4k was like going back to SD after watching HD.

Find the picture a bit darker on 4 k so just change the picture setting to dynamic which seems to do the trick .just remember that it’s delayed a few seconds

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good on you, enjoy the live match.

Good investigative work Sox. So you are saying Germany likely to finish 2nd and would play the winners of our group? 

I have two at the ready and newly procurred, soaking in local beer for a fuller flavour.

And thanks for the Match Day Wendy.

That's my thinking. I'm assuming Mexico win their group. England runners up will play winners of the Senegal etc group. Then potentially a quarter final against Mexico. The only fly in the ointment would be Brazil failing to win their group if they only get a draw against Serbia. Then they'd play Mexico in the round of 16 then maybe England. If  Brazil do win their group they maybe playing Germany in the round of 16!!!

All very maybe/possibly

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

70 minutes to go, but not a bad birthday present from England as it stands.

Now if they could get the corners and bookings for my bet that would be perfect.

I’m sure Messi will be delighted with an England win on his birthday!

Archived