IGNORED

John Atyeo statue

Redmycolour

Was shown photos of this, on Twitter I think. My first reaction was where were the Stewards, or even fans to make it clear this isn’t on.

Then I hoped it wasn’t ‘one of our own’ as surely they would have more respect and be mindful of the work and money that went into this statue. Apart from the disrespect it clearly isn’t designed to be climbed on. Does the SC&T have funds put aside in case of damage? 

I’m all for a bit of fun, but not on the statue please.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Blokes do stupid things when they're pissed up - I once took a very desperate  slash  in a bus stop on my way back from a night on the lash just as a police car went by - luckily they let me off.............:cool2:

But that doesn’t make it right, on both counts.

Yes, I’ve done daft stuff too, but never pissed in a bus stop or climbed a statue.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

*****. Be surprised if they were actually City fans.

I thought that too, but why go watch the match there with so many other places would you go? If they were with city fans then someone should have had a word, hopefully they did and it won’t happen again. Only takes a few idiots to spoil it for everyone as usual. 

Just now, RedM said:

I thought that too, but why go watch the match there with so many other places would you go? If they were with city fans then someone should have had a word, hopefully they did and it won’t happen again. Only takes a few idiots to spoil it for everyone as usual. 

Biggest screen in the SW?

If I had no affiliation to City and lived right nearby I'd probably think about going there. 

Agree though.

I was there and it happened more than once ....

One steward ended up being carried on the shoulders  of some of the “lads” watching.

i certainly did not enjoy watching. the second half of the game at Ashton Gate, I got hit in the Head by cans  of something and even Cocopops!,,,

I wouldn’t surprise me if CIty stopped showing the football as the scenes were embarrassing at the end. Which arfter the result is pretty sad.

15 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

England games always seem to bring the idiot out in certain people.

It’s not so much the fact it’s england playing that make people arse holes. It’s the booze and lad effect people suffer from.

Personally not a big fan of getting drunk and being a utter ****. 

Some people don’t know how to drink responsibly and have a bit of respect at the same time.

Disrespectful, most definately........but calling them scum bags? Seriously, i save that shit for paedos and what not. I dont know any of these retards that done this, but come on, grow up, im sure the statue felt no pain, if it was his coffin it might be different.

Archived