IGNORED

John Atyeo statue

Redmycolour

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

They? So there was stewarding of some sort? A few cans are fairly bulky, not like anyone is wearing coats this time of year so should be easy to spot. We have bag searches at football and can’t bring in drink. I wasn’t there, just curious to know what the policy is, whether boyo was encouraged or not. But if they aren’t stopping it it’s no wonder cans are being thrown.

Cardiff fans playing up again?

27 minutes ago, RedM said:

They? So there was stewarding of some sort? A few cans are fairly bulky, not like anyone is wearing coats this time of year so should be easy to spot. We have bag searches at football and can’t bring in drink. I wasn’t there, just curious to know what the policy is, whether byo was encouraged or not. But if they aren’t stopping it it’s no wonder cans are being thrown.

I have no idea, I saw some people being stopped for what I assume was having their own cans, so I could be wrong, but they did have some on them. But you have to bear in mind there were probably thousands there, so there will be people that walk in without being noticed. It's not as if you go through a turnstile like in a match, it was just strolling through the open gates which maybe had a steward or two on them.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe the answer to the beer throwing stupidity would be to serve drinks in proper glasses.

Sure they number of people who can't possibly refrain from acting the fool will drop.

Granted, there may be one or two flaws in my plan, but I reckon it's worth a try.

Serve it in catheter bags, cut out the middle man! :thumbsup:

I would add to my previous posts, without wanting to be a moaning git, can anyone going please not throw cans and the hard plastic cups!!

A flimsy plastic cup of beer is fine, but the cans and hard cups are dangerous!

Idiots!

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would add to my previous posts, without wanting to be a moaning git, can anyone going please not throw cans and the hard plastic cups!!

A flimsy plastic cup of beer is fine, but the cans and hard cups are dangerous!

Idiots!

Moaning git

;)

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

4 pints of thatchers please. That’s 18 pound thank you. How much he says

Gives them to his mates . England score and they throw it all up in the air . 

Madness. 

Also on a side note . The club advertised friendly family day out . Was thinking about taking the boy down there Thursday. Don’t think I will bother now . Just imagine one of those cans hitting your child. 

Just think if your boy does get hit by a can it might just stop him throwing cans at other people when he is older.

Life is a learning process and you can learn most days.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Or , and this won't be popular, put the price of drinks up so only rich cretins will waste it .

:yes:

That’s ok for you in France. Wine is only one euro for a whole barrel. Is this why your posts get more way out as the day progresses. 

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

This guy has hit the nail on the head. It's all about social media for people these days, who was most soaked in beer, who was in the most crazy crowd etc. Quite sad really.

City reap what they sow then in that case. The England v. Wales game in the Sports Bar went viral and they were happy to propagate it. By all accounts there were 5000 people there yesterday, and even if half brought their own booze that’s one hell of a profit when they’re punting out pints at £4-50and a burger for a fiver. I’d imagine the numbers stack up and as the Sports Bar and Fan Village areopen fr all the games I’m sure they’ll put up with people throwing their pints in the air before meekly returning to the bar for another one, whilst retweeting the “scenes” along the way for their own publiCITY. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Madness. 

Also on a side note . The club advertised friendly family day out . Was thinking about taking the boy down there Thursday. Don’t think I will bother now . Just imagine one of those cans hitting your child. 

I will say, you can see the screen from pretty much anywhere in the car park

we were a group of 15 and not one of us had a drop of alcohol thrown over us...

was a really good day and caters for all different types of needs!

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Not particularly sad if you look at in in context. Easily manageable and predictable alcohol fuelled exuberance. Something that knows no generational and cultural boundary. Tame compared to a eighties punk or thrash  metal gig. Very tame.

Respect should have no boundaries regardless of what the event is, culture or age...I know many an ex punk, who was anti establishment, but would never have considered disrespecting the statue. It's one of the qualities that differentiates us from animals. No excuses should be made...pricks of the highest order.

6 hours ago, RedM said:

But this is being billed as a family friendly place to watch the football, can’t see many parents taking their kids into a thrash gig. You aren’t talking about the same circumstances are you.

I made a parallel in reference to another posters point that somehow moral standards are in decline due to individuals climbing on a statue after drinking alcohol. The posters alludes that these behaviours are peculiar only to football fans … They are not hence my other example of Massive Attack in Queens square.  

The circumstances are that alcohol is being served in a place that people will watch football. If you serve alcohol, expect behaviours that you will not associate with drinking water.  Anybody who is half competent at risk assessment would be able to spot potential hazards and put in place simple control measures.

Seriously anybody who thinks that a statue surrounded by blokes on the piss will not get climbed on at some point is a fool. 

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Not particularly sad if you look at in in context. Easily manageable and predictable alcohol fuelled exuberance. Something that knows no generational and cultural boundary. Tame compared to a eighties punk or thrash  metal gig. Very tame.

Not particularly sad if you look at in in context???

In the context that I look at it, I find it very sad that some people are unable to control how much they drink and then fail to understand when they've had enough, resulting in a total lack of respect for anything or anyone else.

You mention "easily manageable and predictable".

It should be easily self managed, especially if it is that predictable.

The sad thing is that it isn't.

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

City reap what they sow then in that case. The England v. Wales game in the Sports Bar went viral and they were happy to propagate it. By all accounts there were 5000 people there yesterday, and even if half brought their own booze that’s one hell of a profit when they’re punting out pints at £4-50and a burger for a fiver. I’d imagine the numbers stack up and as the Sports Bar and Fan Village areopen fr all the games I’m sure they’ll put up with people throwing their pints in the air before meekly returning to the bar for another one, whilst retweeting the “scenes” along the way for their own publiCITY. 

I paid £2.50 for one small bottle of water that I could've got in a shop in North St for 50p. I thought I'd be good and support the club. There was no way I was going to chuck it at anyone and certainly wasn't going to buy another, I was bloomin' parched by the end of the game… :bored:

7 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Madness. 

In fairness, this thread was about and is focusing on certain angles. 

The truth is, there was a massive crowd. 5,000+ is guess, I saw no hint of trouble (granted, that’s often different if England lose) 

Nobody has mentioned the many, many children having a great time. It was only really rowdy in areas in the middle. Easily avoided if you are with kids. 

Overall it was a brilliant afternoon down there & well run. The lenience shown to the 2 or 3 statue climbing idiots, was probably so as not to spark off any agro. Certainly needs fencing off for future games, but that aside, it was a great venue. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, this thread was about and is focusing on certain angles. 

The truth is, there was a massive crowd. 5,000+ is guess, I saw no hint of trouble (granted, that’s often different if England lose) 

Nobody has mentioned the many, many children having a great time. It was only really rowdy in areas in the middle. Easily avoided if you are with kids. 

Overall it was a brilliant afternoon down there & well run. The lenience shown to the 2 or 3 statue climbing idiots, was probably so as not to spark off any agro. Certainly needs fencing off for future games, but that aside, it was a great venue. 

That’s good to know. Thanks 

22 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Not particularly sad if you look at in in context???

In the context that I look at it, I find it very sad that some people are unable to control how much they drink and then fail to understand when they've had enough, resulting in a total lack of respect for anything or anyone else.

You mention "easily manageable and predictable".

It should be easily self managed, especially if it is that predictable.

The sad thing is that it isn't.

Context is that when people drink some get overexcited. Always have. Always will. Handful climbed on statue. Put some boards around it and carry on. It is hardly the decline of Western Civilisation. 

On 24/06/2018 at 19:01, BS3_RED said:

I voted to leave and would again, so does that make me a thug.......idiot

Not a “thug...idiot”, just an idiot :innocent06:

On 24/06/2018 at 19:08, Mr Hankey said:

Disrespectful, most definately........but calling them scum bags? Seriously, i save that shit for paedos and what not. I dont know any of these retards that done this, but come on, grow up, im sure the statue felt no pain, if it was his coffin it might be different.

Ruined your own argument by using the term “retards”... really?!

8 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Context is that when people drink some get overexcited. Always have. Always will. Handful climbed on statue. Put some boards around it and carry on. It is hardly the decline of Western Civilisation. 

If drinking causes you to get overexcited, the simple answer is to exercise self control by not drinking so much.

If drinking causes you to act like an idiot, don't drink.

It's quite simple really.

There should be no need for others to have to deal with it by boarding things up.

I ought to point out that I'm not from the Temperance Society or whatever.

I like a drink, and in fact I can't remember the last day I didn't have a drink.

I just know how much I can drink and when I've had enough before I embarrass myself and am likely to become a nuisance to others.

It's just a different attitude to those who set out to get pissed out of their heads.

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

If drinking causes you to get overexcited, the simple answer is to exercise self control by not drinking so much.

I do not drink alcohol.

You are missing the point that it is BS responsibility to Manage risk. Risk assessment for public events includes in assessment what can go wrong i.e. People under the influence of alcohol becoming excited. 

These assessment work on probability and fact. Probability if you serve alcohol, people will get excited/merry/drunk or foolish is a virtual certainty. Probability if you serve alcohol somebody amongst hundreds /thousands will get excited/merry/drunk or foolish is going to climb or swing on a statue situated in close/front of them is a virtual certainty - Manage that certainty.

Risk assessment has point scores to assess predictability. Normal point score is a near certainty equals 4. 4 x 4 = maximum score = You can damn as sure be certain its going to happen sometime. 

It matters not that you have your personal standards, or I have mine to gnash and gnarl with it is BS's responsibility to Manage risk.

51 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I do not drink alcohol.

You are missing the point that it is BS responsibility to Manage risk. Risk assessment for public events includes in assessment what can go wrong i.e. People under the influence of alcohol becoming excited. 

These assessment work on probability and fact. Probability if you serve alcohol, people will get excited/merry/drunk or foolish is a virtual certainty. Probability if you serve alcohol somebody amongst hundreds /thousands will get excited/merry/drunk or foolish is going to climb or swing on a statue situated in close/front of them is a virtual certainty - Manage that certainty.

Risk assessment has point scores to assess predictability. Normal point score is a near certainty equals 4. 4 x 4 = maximum score = You can damn as sure be certain its going to happen sometime. 

It matters not that you have your personal standards, or I have mine to gnash and gnarl with it is BS's responsibility to Manage risk.

OK, I take your point.

Just find it very sad that such a risk exists, which then requires the need for it to be assessed.

45 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I doubt that match failed to excite anything or anyone.

I wasn’t there but I did comment as we watched it that there wouldn’t be a lot of beer throwing or statue climbing tonight.

Archived