Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Redmycolour

John Atyeo statue

Being down at the gate today to watch England game , why have some idiots have to take it on them selves to climb on the statue of a LEGEND, and throw bottles, can,and drink on it,what a insult to a Legend of Bristol city fc,where were the stewards, 

• Like 1

Was shown photos of this, on Twitter I think. My first reaction was where were the Stewards, or even fans to make it clear this isn’t on.

Then I hoped it wasn’t ‘one of our own’ as surely they would have more respect and be mindful of the work and money that went into this statue. Apart from the disrespect it clearly isn’t designed to be climbed on. Does the SC&T have funds put aside in case of damage? 

I’m all for a bit of fun, but not on the statue please.

• Like 1

Blokes do stupid things when they're pissed up - I once took a very desperate  slash  in a bus stop on my way back from a night on the lash just as a police car went by - luckily they let me off.............:cool2:

• Haha 1
  • Snake 1

I’m just thinking after the England Match when was the last time I saw a modern, state of the art stadium decked out in blue and white quarters? Then I remembered, NEVER.

F27F4EC4-D89E-44C1-A831-8EC606DE88DD.jpeg

Edited by Flounder
  • Haha 1

*****. Be surprised if they were actually City fans.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Blokes do stupid things when they're pissed up - I once took a very desperate  slash  in a bus stop on my way back from a night on the lash just as a police car went by - luckily they let me off.............:cool2:

But that doesn’t make it right, on both counts.

Yes, I’ve done daft stuff too, but never pissed in a bus stop or climbed a statue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

*****. Be surprised if they were actually City fans.

I thought that too, but why go watch the match there with so many other places would you go? If they were with city fans then someone should have had a word, hopefully they did and it won’t happen again. Only takes a few idiots to spoil it for everyone as usual. 

Just now, RedM said:

I thought that too, but why go watch the match there with so many other places would you go? If they were with city fans then someone should have had a word, hopefully they did and it won’t happen again. Only takes a few idiots to spoil it for everyone as usual. 

Biggest screen in the SW?

If I had no affiliation to City and lived right nearby I'd probably think about going there. 

Agree though.

• Like 1

I was there and it happened more than once ....

One steward ended up being carried on the shoulders  of some of the “lads” watching.

i certainly did not enjoy watching. the second half of the game at Ashton Gate, I got hit in the Head by cans  of something and even Cocopops!,,,

I wouldn’t surprise me if CIty stopped showing the football as the scenes were embarrassing at the end. Which arfter the result is pretty sad.

• Like 1

It was 3 or 4 of them. I'm less p*ssed off about the fact it was a club legend (he may well have found it funny, who knows), and more about the fact that us supporters paid for that ******* thing. If anything had broken then that is really disrespectful.

15 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

England games always seem to bring the idiot out in certain people.

It’s not so much the fact it’s england playing that make people arse holes. It’s the booze and lad effect people suffer from.

Personally not a big fan of getting drunk and being a utter ****. 

Some people don’t know how to drink responsibly and have a bit of respect at the same time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Drive past on my way home from watching the game and a guy was walking up the bypass carrying one if the deck chairs. Just no respect.

Just scum mate!! Beer, sun and brexit voter = thuggish behaviour and thieving knobs

6002C0BD-538A-43BD-9D80-3EAFC444B39E.jpeg

Edited by Full nelson
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Just scum mate!! Beer, sun and brexit voter = thuggish behaviour and thieving knobs

Why did you have to bring brexit into it, thugs on both sides mate.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Ooh you rebel you

Disrespectful, most definately........but calling them scum bags? Seriously, i save that shit for paedos and what not. I dont know any of these retards that done this, but come on, grow up, im sure the statue felt no pain, if it was his coffin it might be different.

1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

What an absolutely tedious, sanctimonious comment to make. The only positive of these photos is that hopefully no one will try to do it again. If they do, then I’m sure there’ll be plenty of people ready to stop them.

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The club are going to have to board it off in future like the council do for stuff in town centres on New Years Eve

Why should they have to,just because a few piss heads who can't control themselves after a few beers,

1 minute ago, Redmycolour said:

Why should they have to,just because a few piss heads who can't control themselves after a few beers,

They shouldn`t have to but to prevent it getting damaged they may think it is necessary. None of us want to find some arsehole`s gouged his initials into it or something.

18 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

What an absolutely tedious, sanctimonious comment to make. The only positive of these photos is that hopefully no one will try to do it again. If they do, then I’m sure there’ll be plenty of people ready to stop them.

There seemed plenty of people there who did nothing.

I cannot comprehend the idiocy.

If this is repeated then the club must seriously think of an alcohol ban for similar occasions 

Disgusting

1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

Classy mate, at the risk of this being a nibble, why bother bringing politics in to something and creating divisions where we could all have condemned this as ******* stupid?

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, One Team said:

Did these people get cheered or jeered?

I am sure if any of the top lads had been around they would've got dragged off! 

Mostly cheered but a fair few shouting out at them. They were part of a big group of lads, so probably not the easiest to kick off at.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Mostly cheered but a fair few shouting out at them. They were part of a big group of lads, so probably not the easiest to kick off at.

Thanks for the insight mate.

Can't imagine many City fans will be happy about this, both the disrespect and potential damage.

Maybe the lads who would kick off at them were in the 3 Lions or Rising Sun? 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Disrespectful, most definately........but calling them scum bags? Seriously, i save that shit for paedos and what not. I dont know any of these retards that done this, but come on, grow up, im sure the statue felt no pain, if it was his coffin it might be different.

Scumbags is out of line but retards is okay? 

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Scumbags is out of line but retards is okay? 

Was just about to post the same thing. As for the pictures, total disgrace imo. COYR 

• Like 1

What is up with the first guy's hair?

Edited by TBW

Let’s be fair here, there were 2 or 3 idiots who climbed on the statue. 

It was disrespectful and wrong, but it was not done maliciously. They were just being a bit over excited and stupid. 

It was great down there today. Massive crowds, great atmosphere, sunshine and obviously a great result. 

I’ll definitely be going down there again on Thursday. It would be good if the statue was fenced off or something though. As a city fan, I didn’t like it being climbed on. 

• Like 2