IGNORED

#AnnounceJonLansdownInterview

Phileas Fogg

Ok link didn’t embed properly but you’ll get it if you click.

Overall I felt he spoke well. A bit about the kit launch which he felt was a huge success. 

Most interesting bit was about transfers. Realistic about Bryan and Reid - basically they’ll be off if the right offer comes in. Sounds like we’re more hopeful of keeping Flint due to his contract but again if someone meets his price sounds like we’d listen.

We can expect another arrival in the next few days. Sounds like Watkins is seen as a bit of a utility man and will bring experience, physicality and versatility.

Thought it was interesting/revealing that JL did this instead of Ashton.. he’s far better to listen to. Speaks normally, no buzzwords or corporate speak. Was quite impressed actually despite criticising him in the past.

Might be nothing.. but when showing a Reid montage they picked a goal from years back that features a certain Albert Adomah..

Nicely put together but please media team interviews like this are better without background music. 

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Might be nothing.. but when showing a Reid montage they picked a goal from years back that features a certain Albert Adomah..

Think that's a case they picked Reid and Bryan's first senior goals for the clips as well as one this year to show their progression. 

Thought it was a good interview myself, maybe not a natural infront of the camera but honest it seems. 

That tracky again. Phwoarrrr. All in all though came across alright.

Liked the honesty with the Flint, Bobby and Bryan situation. Got a feeling we might end up keeping Flint.

Music did my ******* nut in mind.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Didn't reveal anything new - I thought it was fairly ordinary  "better show my face to the fans" interview. 

We've all known for ages that any of our players are a available at the right price. That's always been the case.

At least there is some communication between the club and the fans, dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t sometimes. Of course he isn’t going to reveal transfer targets etc, there is a lot of work that goes on that we never see or hear about.

I’ll hammer the club when they need it but this interview the tone was right.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Didn't reveal anything new - I thought it was fairly ordinary  "better show my face to the fans" interview. 

We've all known for ages that any of our players are a available at the right price. That's always been the case.

Great, thanks for that. I never hammer you on here anymore RR but you don't always have to reply to something, if you think it's uninteresting, just for the sake of it.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Great, thanks for that. I never hammer you on here anymore RR but you don't always have to reply to something, if you think it's uninteresting, just for the sake of it.

He does it to wind people up and provoke a response.......quite successfully as you've proved!

10 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He does it to wind people up and provoke a response.......quite successfully as you've proved!

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I realised that years ago. RR doesn't wind me up in the slightest, I actually find him quite amusing! 

I used to flay him on here but then decided to try and enjoy his windups!

Difference is, this isn't a windup. Just him posting, saying basically nothing, for the sake of saying basically nothing.

36 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Got a feeling the one in the next few days could be Jack Marriott.

Lad from Scunthorpe likely if we're at the stage of trying to agree compensation. No need for Marriott before Bobby were to leave. 

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

PF - don't be such a snowflake!

I was simply expressing my opinion on the JL interview. Yeah, it's different to yours but that's whats forums are for.

I wasn't hammering your post at all.

Generally our views are similar but not in this case.

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well he’s not going to talk about other clubs players is he, he has no interest in them.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I was simply expressing my opinion on the JL interview. Yeah, it's different to yours but that's whats forums are for.

Saying ‘I don’t have an opinion’ isn’t the same as having an opinion.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

What’s a snowflake?

5 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Well he’s not going to talk about other clubs players is he, he has no interest in them.

Saying ‘I don’t have an opinion’ isn’t the same as having an opinion.

Jeez.......:disapointed2se:

You really could be a David Brent clone.

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeez.......:disapointed2se:

You really could be a David Brent clone.

RR, You could be  Victor Meldrew clone. - "I don't believe it

unless it's on the OS"

Just now, reddogkev said:

Refreshing to see a thread where JL isn't being bashed from pillar to post.

Good thing his surname isn't Thomas:shocking:

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

A much better, balanced, and thoughtful interview than some of JL's past performances.

Keep it up, especially when things are not going to plan on the pitch or with transfers.

More of the same, please, during the season to come

Ok, who hacked Ivorguys account?

With the kit launch and now this I think that it’s a conscious decision to put Jon, front and centre, maybe part of a long-term strategy where he either steps up to be Chairman or maybe as MA is possibly gently eased out.

It is refreshing not to hear the corporate speak and I think Jon who is already doing a lot of community engagement would be a good figurehead for the club going forward. Maybe Steve will be handing over the reigns sooner rather than later.

Archived