IGNORED

Three Lions Bedminster

DOLMANDAN

2 hours ago, harrys said:

“The truth” was a Liverpool fan growing up, didn’t really get into the City until taking over the Landings in the ‘80’s

From Fazakerley in Liverpool originally, then via Southmead, Knowle West, Windmill Hill and Whitchurch.

He always thought he was Kevin Keegan's double.

20 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

From Fazakerley in Liverpool originally, then via Southmead, Knowle West, Windmill Hill and Whitchurch.

He always thought he was Kevin Keegan's double.

I forgot about his Scouse roots, I remember the whole Truth family  being on family fortunes talking with scouse accents, one of the founder members of the “Cosso” gang was our truthy, all in all  good memories at CTK and Bernedettes with him although he has seemed to have forgotten his Irish/Catholic roots !!!!!!

37 minutes ago, harrys said:

I forgot about his Scouse roots, I remember the whole Truth family  being on family fortunes talking with scouse accents, one of the founder members of the “Cosso” gang was our truthy, all in all  good memories at CTK and Bernedettes with him although he has seemed to have forgotten his Irish/Catholic roots !!!!!!

How much did the family win?  I shouldn't laugh !

Cosso Boys eh?  Well, well, well....

5 hours ago, harrys said:

“The truth” was a Liverpool fan growing up, didn’t really get into the City until taking over the Landings in the ‘80’s

Ha! The Truth, haven't heard that for years :englandsmile4wf: 

If you've never tried "The Lions" try it at least once either for an England game or before a City game. Bonkers!

Best boozer about bar none. Have watched both England games in there with one of my boys each time, great atmosphere and really busy but can still take the young uns (unlike a lot of pubs) which is great. Top man is the landord and many of the regulars. 

Top of "Fire Engine Hill". Any young uns wondering what went on behind the Bottle & Jug door? No, nothing to do with City bottling the play-offs last season. 

Some 58 years after this photo I had to do my paper round that glorious July day, 1966, when England became world champs. Tom Pearce, newsagent, had his shop just a few yards from this pub across the top of Palmyra. Any older Bemmy lads remember? I did the round in record time, ran all the way. Got home at 3-2 & then dear old Ken said "they think it's all over....."

Convinced myself this photo is an omen. England WC winners 2018. You heard it here first.

Archived