IGNORED

Is this a waste of money?

phantom

• Admin

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/club-donates-more-than-80-boxes-of-kit-to-sporting-charity/

Amazing that Bristol Sport / Rugby have sent off 80 boxes of kit (yeah I appreciate it's a nice gesture) but surely it must be a massive loss to Bristol Sport giving all that kit away for free, and that is before you start looking into costs of postage etc

Would it also be safe to assume that all the football / basketball kits etc that went unsold have also been "given" away?

I'm wondering who covers the losses on not selling these items?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/club-donates-more-than-80-boxes-of-kit-to-sporting-charity/

Amazing that Bristol Sport / Rugby have sent off 80 boxes of kit (yeah I appreciate it's a nice gesture) but surely it must be a massive loss to Bristol Sport giving all that kit away for free, and that is before you start looking into costs of postage etc

Would it also be safe to assume that all the football / basketball kits etc that went unsold have also been "given" away?

Aden Flint 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

In the scheme of things it's probably not that much money for BS when you consider we were paying Gary O'Neil over 20,000 a week. It's important for the Rugby Club that they establish the new branding quickly so it's undesirable to have the old kit with the old badge lying about. I doubt it's a thing they plan to do yearly. Also some good PR for the club.

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's US, the fans.....by paying over £50 on a shirt that probably costs less than a fiver it's easy for the club to give away old stock.

The club rips off the fans every chance they get, publicise their 'charity' then laugh at us fans that go through the same old same old season after season......will we ever learn ?

5 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

It's US, the fans.....by paying over £50 on a shirt that probably costs less than a fiver it's easy for the club to give away old stock.

The club rips off the fans every chance they get, publicise their 'charity' then laugh at us fans that go through the same old same old season after season......will we ever learn ?

You can always NOT buy a shirt. I have long adopted this approach and it means I couldn't give a stuff what price they jack them up to, or later knock them out at. 

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

You can always NOT buy a shirt. I have long adopted this approach and it means I couldn't give a stuff what price they jack them up to, or later knock them out at. 

I don't.....the question was who pays.......the answer was.....the fans

2 hours ago, phantom said:

What I would like to know is how many local schools and clubs have benefitted. A great way to build up fans is to have kids wearing your colours. No doubt its gone elsewhere though.

I still think the Romanian child quoted as running along in oversized shorts would rather have food in its stomach, decent sanitary conditions and a safe place to sleep and education than a rugby shirt from Bristol.

Why oh why could the kit not be sold off to fans and the money donated. Any surplus kit could have been shipped over but it’s a kick in the teeth to fans and Romanians as far as I’m concerned.

Let's say 50 shirts a box, £5-10 to produce a kit (although I'd think it's a lot less):

50 x 80 boxes x £5 = £20,000
50 x 80 boxes x £10 = £40,000

so £20-40k? Even if you doubled or even tripled that it would still be less than a month or two of a 20k a week players wages. In the grand schemes of football costs this is next to nothing and the goodwill goes a very long way.

18 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Oh look, it is your daily dig at the same poster

If you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen !!!

It wasn't a dig at anyone you moron.

If it was a dig at someone I would have said it in a response to them, like I am now.

It was a general comment about the state of this forum at the moment, with absolutely everything being manipulated into something to berate the club/owner, even when the subject in question is an act of charity, like on this very thread.

But yes, I will be leaving the kitchen as it were. A break from here would mean spending less time reading tripe posted by dullards such as yourself.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Read the thread title and thought you were going to post a picture of a season ticket for a minute!   :laughcont:

4 hours ago, Lee0 said:

Over £50 for a shirt..? 

I’ll be getting mine next season for the equivalent cost of £31.50 and my son will be getting a free shirt. 

Hardly a rip off..! 

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

What I would like to know is how many local schools and clubs have benefitted. A great way to build up fans is to have kids wearing your colours. No doubt its gone elsewhere though.

27 'developing' countries, with FIFTY NINE other countries on 'the waiting list'  … won't be much left for our kids I shouldn't think.

(besides rugby players and adult fans tend to wear rather large shirts, how many are kids sizes? & who will be wearing the rest?) 

• Admin

My point was how we have been told that making the kit ourselves in-house means we have tighter control on the making of kit 

In November the football club ran out of shirts for a number of weeks 

At the end of the season the rugby club have 80 boxes of unsold stock 

If that is keeping things under control it would be amusing to see how it was before! 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

My point was how we have been told that making the kit ourselves in-house means we have tighter control on the making of kit 

In November the football club ran out of shirts for a number of weeks 

At the end of the season the rugby club have 80 boxes of unsold stock 

If that is keeping things under control it would be amusing to see how it was before! 

They were ordered ready for the playoffs is my guess :ph34r:

Archived