IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

17 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Flint is not keen to leave, just saying.

I think a serious offer from Fulham would be quite tempting IMO. Last real chance of a shot at the Prem for Flint, and he'd be joining a club that play a good brand of football and have cash to splash... 

37 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I think a serious offer from Fulham would be quite tempting IMO. Last real chance of a shot at the Prem for Flint, and he'd be joining a club that play a good brand of football and have cash to splash... 

Yep you could be right but he has had offers previously and chose to stay. Not a dead cert that he will leave even if he gets decent opportunities elsewhere.

Of JB, Reid, Pack and himself he is the least likely to leave but as you say Fulham could be a good fit for him.

5 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Yep you could be right but he has had offers previously and chose to stay. Not a dead cert that he will leave even if he gets decent opportunities elsewhere.

Of JB, Reid, Pack and himself he is the least likely to leave but as you say Fulham could be a good fit for him.

No way is Fulham a good fit for Flint. They play football from the back and have an expectation that their centre backs can receive and pass a ball under pressure. I’d be amazed if Jokanovic has earmarked Flint as someone capable of playing his required brand of football. 

As for his friendship with Pack. Since when has a footballer turned down a doubling of his wages because he’s pals with another player. This is football. Players move on regularly. Most will move at least 5 or 6 times in their career. His friendship with Pack will not prevent either of them moving on. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

No way is Fulham a good fit for Flint. They play football from the back and have an expectation that their centre backs can receive and pass a ball under pressure. I’d be amazed if Jokanovic has earmarked Flint as someone capable of playing his required brand of football. 

As for his friendship with Pack. Since when has a footballer turned down a doubling of his wages because he’s pals with another player. This is football. Players move on regularly. Most will move at least 5 or 6 times in their career. His friendship with Pack will not prevent either of them moving on. 

Is he friends with Pack ?

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Will he have a clause in his contract to say that he can't play against City? :whistle:

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Don’t think it is a good fit either.

However Fulham might fancy having a first ball winning centre half as an option, not necessarily as a first choice, just as a squad player.

They are going to be awash with cash following promotion & might see him as a Plan B and someone they could bring on when defending a lead at say, Brighton or Huddersfield.

I do think if they want him that he’ll go.

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

Depends on what they do. They play 3 at the back and we know he excelled in that position in L1. They may think he can play that role in their back 3? Also people think about the prem as Aguero and Hazard. Think Fulham would be writing those games off almost. They want to beat the West Ham’s and everton’s of the premier league. Most of those have big men up top. Could be that Flint is the key to containing these types of teams. 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nice thought but it will never happen imo.

If we sign 23 year old McQueen it'll be for a big fee and he'll come as a first choice, so, presuming it doesn't turn out we've signed a duffer, that should be the left back berth filled for the next 3-4 years.

We also have to accept that just because Vyner and Kelly are promising academy graduates, and are hyped up by the club as such, doesn't mean they'll ever be consistently good enough for this level.

We hope they will be of course, but there will be new signings like McQueen coming in regularly, plus other youngsters perhaps emerging from the academy behind them, and Vyner and Kelly will have a real job on to prove they are the very best in their positions at the club.

I doubt we'll be leaving gaps in our recruitment to accommodate their development - the Championship is too unforgiving - it's up to them to force their way into the team, fighting off old and new challengers alike.

Btw, I don't think Taylor Moore will ever be a regular at AG, and, unfortunately, my impression is LJ has no faith Hörður ever will be either, so unlikely imo. either will be at the club in 18 months time.

That’s my exact fear Nogs  - that we will ,

just to try and prove a pathway is there 

Lets hope if we do it’s not too costly

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s my exact fear Nogs  - that we will ,

just to try and prove a pathway is there 

Lets hope if we do it’s not too costly

Idk part of me wishes they would play more and then part of me think we aren’t too far off being a competitive top 10 team most years. LJ just needs to mix it up a little bit more and think it will be a good blend. There is a pathway but he seems ultra reluctant to use it. He’d rather shuffle 3-4 of his best around then use the like for like younger option. 

2 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Sessegnon will be on his way so they will have money and need defensive reinforcements. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I personally feel Flint has improved massively on his distrubution and calmness on the ball, over the last 12 month's.

Doesn't mean he's world class at it. But if he improved the same over the next 12 month's he'd easily be prem quality at it IMO.

There is still a role for big, physical centre halves in the Premier League- reference James Tarkowski. Flint would be better suited to a back 3 in a team set up to defend, but he could do a job in a back 4. Not sure Fulham play his style, but they will undoubtedly need to be more defensively responsible next season

Surely we have Wright, Baker and Maggers / Heigler. All this talk of Vyner and Kelly having to step up straight away is nonsense.

If Flinty wants to leave and we get good money, we are in a brilliant position to cash in.

He may be a cult hero but he's been part of a defence shipping goals for fun for the last 3 years.

I think people are becoming too sentimental.

7 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Flint is BFF with Pack.

Flint and Pack are both "romantically involved" with two birds who happen to be sisters (I believe this is accurate? Think I read this on here, from one of our itk posters on the love lives of players).

Flint and Pack and their two birds what are sisters all live in Portishead. I'm pretty sure. ie, they are "inseperable."

Pack has a kid/kids.

Pack's missus has her sister when Aden and Marlon are away playing football/on the p1ss in Vegas etc.

Flinty probably does a bit of baby-sitting when Marlon takes his misses out for a "romantic" meal down Bottelino's and a stroll around the Marina. 

Flint and Pack cannot live, if living is without each other (and their missuses).

If Flint's signing for Boro, where's Pack going? Can you see them being 280 miles apart? Or their birds what are sisters? I think Flint to Villa, Pack to Brum is more likely. Or they are staying put.

Mills & Boon stuff this!!!!

32 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Surely we have Wright, Baker and Maggers / Heigler. All this talk of Vyner and Kelly having to step up straight away is nonsense.

If Flinty wants to leave and we get good money, we are in a brilliant position to cash in.

He may be a cult hero but he's been part of a defence shipping goals for fun for the last 3 years.

I think people are becoming too sentimental.

I think one thing people are disregarding is Flints goal scoring record, surely we'd miss that.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I think one thing people are disregarding is Flints goal scoring record, surely we'd miss that.

Yes we would but remember we started last season without him in the centre of the defence and that didn't go to badly, if I remember correctly.

41 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

That's true but it's been extremely rare for Flint personally to have a poor game.

As he's been so consistent it's probably fair to say our defensive record would almost certainly have been notably worse without him.

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

Yes we would, but he is only scoring what decent midfielders would normally do at this level. So get some all round midfielders in if Flint does go. 

2 hours ago, Sarumred said:

Yes we would but remember we started last season without him in the centre of the defence and that didn't go to badly, if I remember correctly.

Flint started his first league game at Reading, our sixth game. In the 5 games he was left out we won one, lost one, and drew three, keeping one clean sheet in those 5.

Flint returned at Reading, we kept a clean sheet and he scored the winner. In the five games including that one with Flint in the side, it was: W3 D2 L0 and three clean sheets.

24 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Flint started his first league game at Reading, our sixth game. In the 5 games he was left out we won one, lost one, and drew three, keeping one clean sheet in those 5.

Flint returned at Reading, we kept a clean sheet and he scored the winner. In the five games including that one with Flint in the side, it was: W3 D2 L0 and three clean sheets.

but he came on against Barnsley with about 10 to play and we conceded..

Flint would be a major loss for City, not an irreplaceable loss but a loss nevertheless. He is a rarity among today’s wimpish defenders, in that he is of the breed that rarely turns his back on the ball but stands ready to take it on the chin.  I often feel that I want to fine players who turn their back, particularly those standing in the wall at a direct free kick. After all they are only facing a hard kicked beach ball. 

I’m not sure Fulham is an ideal fit, but if the price is right and he gets the chance of playing in the Prem then good luck to him. 

20 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

If vyner and kelly are being lined up as replacing flint and Bryan then we’ll be back in league one next year. Absolutely no chance 

This time last year, if someone had suggested that we'd be relying on Bobby Reid to replace Tammy's goals, we would have got the same reaction.

Just saying.

Archived