IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

And so it begins. The foretold mass exodus.

Not quite sure why he's gone though, he must be on an enormous wedge already and they'd have to be offering quite a lot more to turn his head. 

Such a shame. Love you Flinty. Without a doubt my favourite City player in my lifetime. Absolute legend and won't have a bad word said about him.

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sellling Flint to Boro would sum our management up 

Clueless

No wonder he’s happy to move on

We play with talk of ambition 

Understand the sentiment, however they’re a considerably bigger fish than us whether we like it or not, with parachute payments to boot. Double or triple the wages I expect. 

If a player really wants to go there’s very little power a club actually holds these days.  

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why do you insist on posting so much inaccurate shite? 

SL  went on RB and said he would listen to offers of £5m or above for Flint. Well, he's got what he wished for. Good luck replacing him SL.

Because he’s a simpleton.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ashton and Johnson can waste 6/7 milllion in an instant Kid

More Scandinavians for the future

Clueless

This is the big one though innit. I have zero faith in Mark Ashton and the Prodigal Son to deliver anything like a replacement for City's talisman.

Up the Adam Webster imo. Kill me.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Good luck flint. A great club servant over the past few years.

However, IMO getting £7m ish for a player who has always been part of a suspect defence and has his weaknesses, is decent value.

I'm more worried about the replacement plan, especially as Maggers is gone too.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ashton and Johnson can waste 6/7 milllion in an instant Kid

More Scandinavians for the future

Clueless

In a way I'm looking forward to it. They've been heavily reliant on players that were here before they arrived.  

Well now they've sold the family silver they'll be nowhere for them to run and hide, no excuses, as and when it all goes tits up.

Why do you insist on posting so much inaccurate shite? 

SL  went on RB and said he would listen to offers of £5m or above for Flint. Well, he's got what he wished for. Good luck replacing him SL.

SL also said publically that he'd want £10m for Flint. I wish he'd make up his mind.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Understand the sentiment, however they’re a considerably bigger fish than us whether we like it or not, with parachute payments to boot. Double or triple the wages I expect. 

If a player really wants to go there’s very little power a club actually holds these days.  

Very true. Flint is 29 next month so only has 4-5 decent years left in him, he could well be on £25-30k a week in Boro, cant say I blame him. Im very thankful for what he has done for the club.

11 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

GeeMacGee is also reporting it as "done".

Fair play, GMcG was saying on the podcast yesterday that he was convinced Flint would stay. Now posting 'it's done' like he knew it all along, liked him when he came in, but he really does know no more than the rest of us, does he?

No way have we sold him for £5m, not having that

And the annoying thing here is the last time I saw Flint play for us was Brentford, and he was absolute ******* bobbins that day, along with the rest of them. That is my last memory of the big fella

Genuinely gutted about this one

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Not quite sure why he's gone though, he must be on an enormous wedge already and they'd have to be offering quite a lot more to turn his head. 

Such a shame. Love you Flinty. Without a doubt my favourite City player in my lifetime. Absolute legend and won't have a bad word said about him.

As much about ambition as money Zider

Another negative signal coming from the Club as to where we see ourselves 

Good luck with replacing him Supercoach

In a way I'm looking forward to it. They've been heavily reliant on players that were here before they arrived.  

Well now they've sold the family silver they'll be nowhere for them to run and hide, no excuses, as and when it all goes tits up.

Problem is Kid - is what they leave us when they dissapear

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I understand what your saying mate but it's beginning to grind my gears when we have the wealthiest owner we will ever have  and we are still being left behind.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Very true. Flint is 29 next month so only has 4-5 decent years left in him, he could well be on £25-30k a week in Boro, cant say I blame him. Im very thankful for what he has done for the club.

Yep. Could well be his only ever shot at a genuinely big contract by today’s standards.

It’s hardly a secret that Flint very much loves the ‘wealthy’ lifestyle so I imagine he’s more concerned with the salary than the club he’s at (not a criticism, can’t blame him) 

1 minute ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I understand what your saying mate but it's beginning to grind my gears when we have the wealthiest owner we will ever have  and we are still being left behind.

SL has no obligation to underwrite your dreams I’m afraid. 

I'm not sure where the £7m figures are coming from. Almost everything I've seen from journalists on Twitter suggest that the fee is £5m, with reductions based on sell-on fees, so in reality we're probably getting closer to £4m.

If so, the board have a lot to answer for. As others have said, Flint is captain is everything but name, so if we lose him without an adequate replacement then LJ, Ashton, and Lansdown can **** off with their talk of promotion.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Agree 

In my nigh on 50 yrs following City right up there for me 

One of the most influential players we’ve had and certainly in that position

Admire how he’s gone from Non League to where he is now 

A Warrior 

Ohhhhhh for a team of Aden Flints

Massive holes to fill with his departure

Could be the beginning of the end for one

1 minute ago, EnderMB said:

I'm not sure where the £7m figures are coming from. Almost everything I've seen from journalists on Twitter suggest that the fee is £5m, with reductions based on sell-on fees, so in reality we're probably getting closer to £4m.

From the Sky Sports transfer live centre... http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

13 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Good luck flint. A great club servant over the past few years.

However, IMO getting £7m ish for a player who has always been part of a suspect defence and has his weaknesses, is decent value.

If you take away the best part of a suspect defence, do you think it gets better or worse?

1 minute ago, EnderMB said:

If so, the board have a lot to answer for. As others have said, Flint is captain is everything but name, so if we lose him without an adequate replacement then LJ, Ashton, and Lansdown can **** off with their talk of promotion.

It's a bit of a p!ss take if we've sold one of our best assets for less than market value.  I don't beg begrudge the decision to sell, but at least get a fair price 

Archived