IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

Upwards of £5m means they have no idea what the fee is. Given we stuck to £5m last year before he signed a new contract it's reasonable to assume it is significantly more than that.

Though officially it will be undisclosed of course. ;)

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Known about this for a day or so but haven't been able to bring myself to post anything on here.

Absolutely gutted.  City legend being sold to a divisional rival for **** all in today's market.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we replace the spine of the team: Flint, Pack, Bryan and Reid, NOT...

I've highlighted what is the most sickening bit of all this.

We have to play them twice this coming season and who would bet against Aden having one of his perfect games?

I could understand Magnússon wanting to move to a big international club with a Champions League berth, but this?!

We didn't have to sell and unless it was a genuinely jaw-dropping offer I don't see why we have. 

The fact that we were forewarned it would be a "difficult" summer doesn't lessen the blow. :ranting:

Wow- that was fairly sudden??

Fairly shocking too if the fee is the reported £5m- 3 years left on his deal, very important to retain value- £5m ain't that given he's in his peak years.

I really hoped for a while that we would retain Flint, Bryan, Pack and Reid this summer- financially it would have been viable, but seems I was kidding myself...

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree 

In my nigh on 50 yrs following City right up there for me 

One of the most influential players we’ve had and certainly in that position

Admire how he’s gone from Non League to where he is now 

A Warrior 

Ohhhhhh for a team of Aden Flints

Massive holes to fill with his departure

Could be the beginning of the end for one

How long before this post ends up on the boro forums :laughcont:

I stuck up for Baker through the whole season but looking back, statistically Flinty was a total anomaly and our best centre half by miles. Example for any young player and I'm seriously worried about who we're bringing in to replace him.

From the rabona against Walsall to his header in the JPT final, he's the symbol of us getting back in to the championship for me.

Thanks for your service big fella.

2 minutes ago, fishy said:

It's a bit of a p!ss take if we've sold one of our best assets for less than market value.  I don't beg begrudge the decision to sell, but at least get a fair price 

£1m below the record price for a CB in this division for Chester who dropped from the premier league at the time. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree 

In my nigh on 50 yrs following City right up there for me 

One of the most influential players we’ve had and certainly in that position

Admire how he’s gone from Non League to where he is now 

A Warrior 

Ohhhhhh for a team of Aden Flints

Massive holes to fill with his departure

Could be the beginning of the end for one

Weren't fans saying pretty much the same thing this time last year about Tammy? 

If Flint moves on he'll be a miss for sure but it won't be the end of the world. 

LJ will have cover at CB lined up - it may be Vyner........:dunno: or possibly a signing from elsewhere. 

No need to panic yet.......especially as it's not yet a done deal.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Just been having a think (while having a poo) whether Flinty deserves the ‘club legend’ tag that so many are giving him. 

I can confirm that the answer is yes. He definitely does. 

As I outlined in a post just a second ago...

- No, no, no

- JPT final header

- ******* scored a rabona didnt he the little minx

- 15 goals as a centre half

- Asking Pep for his stoney

- Came from non-league to fighting for a play off place through hard work and determination

- Cost a few hundred grand from Swindle who all ridiculed us for signing him

- Head and kick it technically deficient footballer supposedly

Agree with you mate. Flinty is a legend in the fullest sense of the word.

11 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Fair play, GMcG was saying on the podcast yesterday that he was convinced Flint would stay. Now posting 'it's done' like he knew it all along, liked him when he came in, but he really does know no more than the rest of us, does he?

No way have we sold him for £5m, not having that

And the annoying thing here is the last time I saw Flint play for us was Brentford, and he was absolute ******* bobbins that day, along with the rest of them. That is my last memory of the big fella

Genuinely gutted about this one

He knows absolutely nothing, did exactly the same thing with the keeper Henderson (in reverse).

Honestly said a week ago that he could see us not replacing Reid if we sold him, clueless..

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wow- that was fairly sudden??

Fairly shocking too if the fee is the reported £5m- 3 years left on his deal, very important to retain value- £5m ain't that given he's in his peak years.

I really hoped for a while that we would retain Flint, Bryan, Pack and Reid this summer- financially it would have been viable, but seems I was kidding myself...

The harsh lesson in this that people still can’t seem to grasp is that we are a million miles away from being able to match the financial clout of teams that have recently come down from the premier league. 

They talk like retaining our best is simply a case of clicking ‘offer new contract’ when we are operating in what is fundamentally a completely different universe. 

The gulf, financially, between recently relegated from the PL and a Championship ‘water treader’ is absolutely stratospheric. 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If Flint moves on he'll be a miss for sure but it won't be the end of the world. 

LJ will have cover at CB lined up - it may be Vyner........:dunno: or possibly a signing from elsewhere. 

Vyner

A replacement next season for Flint

:laughcont:

Flints value tomthe squad compared to Tammy (As decent as he was)

Laughable

Truly laughable 

You’re football understanding is somewhere below zero as far as I can deduce

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Vyner

A replacement for Flint

Flints value tomthe squad compared to Tammy (As decent as he was)

Laughable

Truly laughable 

You’re football understanding is somewhere below zero as far as I can deduce

Why do you feel the need to sling insults at anyone with a different viewpoint to you Bob? 

Archived