IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Vyner

A replacement for Flint

Flints value tomthe squad compared to Tammy (As decent as he was)

Laughable

Truly laughable 

You’re football understanding is somewhere below zero as far as I can deduce

Vyner impressed at CB at Argyle last season he may be a suitable replacement for Flint. Quicker and more skilled with the ball as well. 

Few of us saw Vyner play last season so say it's laughable is well, laughable.

4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

if he does go let's hope lee has a couple of quality defenders ready to sign. without big flint. and hodur it looks a bit weak  

Look at how many goals we conceded last season. Doesn't suggest they made a huge difference.

LJ said yesterday that if any of our in demand players left they would be replaced. We will see soon I suppose.

lot of speculation going on here. no one yet knows what the fee is but would be very surprised if it was as low as 5. think more in the range of 7/8 possibly 9. we have Vymer waiting in the wings who got rave notices in Plymouth last season so either we show  we mean it by opening ground for our young products or the whole thing is a waste of time

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep. Could well be his only ever shot at a genuinely big contract by today’s standards.

It’s hardly a secret that Flint very much loves the ‘wealthy’ lifestyle so I imagine he’s more concerned with the salary than the club he’s at (not a criticism, can’t blame him) 

SL has no obligation to underwrite your dreams I’m afraid. 

I stopped dreaming on the 8th February 2016 .the day I found out clueless was our new manager

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Vyner

A replacement for Flint

Flints value tomthe squad compared to Tammy (As decent as he was)

Laughable

Truly laughable 

You’re football understanding is omewhere below zero

Not one to usually agree with robbored but that season Tammy was massively more important to our side, without his goals we would have been relegated, the point being we were able to replace him, just as we replaced Kodjia the year before. 

Flint is at peak value right now, he's also one of if not our highest earner after his latest contract signing, we've got a sizeable fee for him given the normal price of bigger fees for CB's in this division.

Something we also don't know is if any promises were made to Flint when he signed a new deal, for all we know we could have promised to sell him if we received a decent offer in exchange for signing a new deal so we got a bigger fee. 

14 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I'm not sure where the £7m figures are coming from. Almost everything I've seen from journalists on Twitter suggest that the fee is £5m, with reductions based on sell-on fees, so in reality we're probably getting closer to £4m.

If so, the board have a lot to answer for. As others have said, Flint is captain is everything but name, so if we lose him without an adequate replacement then LJ, Ashton, and Lansdown can **** off with their talk of promotion.

From sky sports centre , truth is is it will be undisclosed , even other reports say 5 million upwards , don’t need to look at the worst scenario all the time 

Round and around we go getting no-where; much bigger changes required than Flint etc going to move this club anywhere.

Still we have a better ground than the gas so its all fine. :facepalm:

37 goals taken out of the team based on last seasons stats (all competitions)  with AF going and BR and JB likely to follow.   It won't be  to hard to replace Aden with a quality centre half with the cash received but he's unique in terms of the goals he adds.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not one to usually agree with robbored but that season Tammy was massively more important to our side, without his goals we would have been relegated, the point being we were able to replace him, just as we replaced Kodjia the year before. 

Flint is at peak value right now, he's also one of if not our highest earner after his latest contract signing, we've got a sizeable fee for him given the normal price of bigger fees for CB's in this division.

Something we also don't know is if any promises were made to Flint when he signed a new deal, for all we know we could have promised to sell him if we received a decent offer in exchange for signing a new deal so we got a bigger fee. 

If youve ever managed a side Hodge

You will know just what golden nuggets players like Flint are

Much more than footballing ability

Hes a winner and we havnt got too many 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The harsh lesson in this that people still can’t seem to grasp is that we are a million miles away from being able to match the financial clout of teams that have recently come down from the premier league. 

They talk like retaining our best is simply a case of clicking ‘offer new contract’ when we are operating in what is fundamentally a completely different universe. 

The gulf, financially, between recently relegated from the PL and a Championship ‘water treader’ is absolutely stratospheric. 

Brighton ,huddersfield and Fulham in the last 2 seasons did it

5m eh we could do better

7m would be a fine deal for the club

No club wants to see their best players go. Most clubs, however, see their best players go over time. 

Will we miss Flint? Yes Are we still well above relegation with a Wright Baker pairing? Yes Do I hope we recruit another CB anyway? Yes but no pressure to do so

Slagging the club off because they are selling a player ain’t on imo. Divisional rival they may be but Cardiff and Man UTD are divisional rivals that doesn’t mean Cardiff wouldn’t sell to them. Perhaps we need to take a step back right now to take 3 steps forward later on. To compete is this division we will have to sell players when we get good deals to this division or to others. When good money is on the line we can’t be sentimental

Off to Burnley or Fulham no problem, but disappointed that he is going to Boro, a team that despite the parachute money I feel we should be competing with. No doubt officially the fee will be undisclosed, but it looks like it’s going to be around £7m with or without add-ons. Can’t make up my mind if this good value or not. Ordinarily for a 29 year old centre back I’d say yes, but his goals make him an exception. There are few if any centre halves who can match his goal scoring prowess, including the likes of Ramos at Real Madrid. 

LJ/MA if you think it might be a difficult summer you'd better watch out if you waste the money on the normal shite and we don’t progress early in the new season. Your heads are now very firmly on the block. I’d give you now 10 games, otherwise it’s going to turn pretty nasty.

Our patience is wearing mightly thin. 

Appalled by losing Flinty more than anything, but then our beloved pair compound the pain by selling for a give-a-way price to a rival? Abysmal. 

So our management/scouting team think they can get a proven Championship leader, dominant centre back who has awesome ball skills, great header, quickish, tackles, put his body on the line, gaurantees scores 10 odd goals per season for £5 million?

You absolute pair of jokers. Thanks for grandly fooking up the January window and, as a direct consequence, losing a player who is one of the best, if not the best player, I’ve witnessed wearing a red shirt in 50 years of watching my team.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Where’s the insult oh wise one ?

I think he means your attempt to belittle my football knowledge Bob - based on my suggestion that Vyner may be a replacement. I didn't see him play last season and I'm guessing you didn't either but based on the rave reviews he was getting at Argyle........

Archived