IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

And there lies the problem . The belief that from this moment and going forward...this club can only progress with Bristol Sport and Lansdown 

We would be an attractive option for many decent investors

When I look at clubs like Bournemouth...it breaks my heart 

If you want the club to be owned by a junior and still somewhat opaque Russian oligarch, who funds it via interest bearing loans and who sold 10% to a US hedge fund then fine.

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

And there lies the problem . The belief that from this moment and going forward...this club can only progress with Bristol Sport and Lansdown 

Never said ONLY with them , but I think it's a sensible idea trying to make us self sufficient and not just throw money at it. There are many things I'm not happy about with the 'company' but they have laid the groundwork with the stadium and infrastructure .

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

They have done well to get promotion, he threw money at the team and it (luckily) worked. They have spent nothing on the stadium, 13k in the Prem? How is that sustainable?  If he walks away they are in big trouble. Lansdown does have the future of the Club(s) at heart. 

13 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

If you think an investor is going to come in and throw millions into our club knowing they’ll never see a return, like Lansdown has done year after year then your even more of a deluded idiot then you sound.

18 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

How do you feel when you look at clubs like Villa, Sunderland, Coventry or Portsmouth?

Bournemouth effectively cheated to a promotion and had they not got it the ramifications could have been catastrophic (see Villa)

1 minute ago, simon uk said:

Seems to me we wouldnt be allowing this medical to happen, if its true, unless the replacement is also lined up, like doninos. Gibson goes, which allows flint to come in, which then lets us bring in our replacement, and so on.

It's a spider web, not dominos!

Right @Fordy62?

11 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

If you think an investor is going to come in and throw millions into our club knowing they’ll never see a return, like Lansdown has done year after year then your even more of a deluded idiot then you sound.

"They'll never see a return "

Get to the Prem and and you take it in. 

Unfortunately under this regime...we will never get there 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

How do you feel when you look at clubs like Villa, Sunderland, Coventry or Portsmouth?

Bournemouth effectively cheated to a promotion and had they not got it the ramifications could have been catastrophic (see Villa)

How do you feel when you look at clubs like Burnley, Watford , Middleborough , Palace, West Brom, Stoke etc...

All clubs who have all enjoyed success in the last 10 years which has led them to a place where they are in a very competitive position 

Quote of the day on this thread  is "we are what we are' 

Time to accept it 

47 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Nobody's fault.............maybe the shite Jan window ?

Exactly. From what I hear the mumbling of discontent started about then. I’ve bedn predicting for months that there is going to be a major rebuild needing to happen as there are so many want away players. They seem to have been patient with the project but now have lost faith. Flint was nearly sold last summer, seemingly against what he wanted. Now I think it’s his choice as much as the club wanting the money, money for what though.

Of the two players who have left, I’m counting Flint as  gone, did we get value from them? In Flint’s case we got him cheap, took a gamble and progressed his career, whilst making little progress ourselves. We are selling him for more than we could imagine 5 years ago, we have paid him well no doubt and he has given us everything back. He will be big boots for anyone to step into. Magnusson cost us more, no doubt paid more in comparison, leaves us for similar but I’m sure we didn’t progress his career or get the best out of him, and maybe he didn’t give his all in the same way to us either.

We knew the Fkint move was coming. If it had been to a Prem club ( except Cardiff) he would be going with our blessing. But to Middlesbrough, that leaves a bad taste that he is leaving us to go there, money aside.

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

How do you feel when you look at clubs like Burnley, Watford , Middleborough , Palace, West Brom, Stoke etc...

All clubs who have all enjoyed success in the last 10 years which has led them to a place where they are in a very competitive position 

Quote of the day on this thread  is "we are what we are' 

Time to accept it 

Yes some small clubs have achieved premier league promotion. But the considerable majority haven’t. 

3 into 24 doesn’t go. 

At this particular point in time we cannot compete with the likes of Boro, WBA, Stoke, etc financially. We just can’t. That’s life. 

Exactly the same as the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea etc couldn’t compete financially with the clubs much bigger than they were at the time of their success. 

Simple reality is in any given season, 88% of clubs in the league cannot and do not achieve promotion. The odds are slim for small-ish clubs, which is what we are right now at this given point whether you like it or not. 

FPP considerably constrains what we can and cannot do, financially. Smaller clubs are hamstrung more than recently relegated premier league clubs. That’s just how it is. 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly. From what I hear the mumbling of discontent started about then. I’ve bedn predicting for months that there is going to be a major rebuild needing to happen as there are so many want away players. They seem to have been patient with the project but now have lost faith. Flint was nearly sold last summer, seemingly against what he wanted. Now I think it’s his choice as much as the club wanting the money, money for what though.

Of the two players who have left, I’m counting Flint as  gone, did we get value from them? In Flint’s case we got him cheap, took a gamble and progressed his career, whilst making little progress ourselves. We are selling him for more than we could imagine 5 years ago, we have paid him well no doubt and he has given us everything back. He will be big boots for anyone to step into. Magnússon cost us more, no doubt paid more in comparison, leaves us for similar but I’m sure we didn’t progress his career or get the best out of him, and maybe he didn’t give his all in the same way to us either.

We knew the Fkint move was coming. If it had been to a Prem club ( except Cardiff) he would be going with our blessing. But to Middlesbrough, that leaves a bad taste that he is leaving us to go there, money aside.

We will just have to wait and hope that the club delivers .

We need to see progression but any signs of lack of ambition will put the skids under the big picture and the supporters will fall away.

Strap yourselves in .

18 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

"They'll never see a return "

Get to the Prem and and you take it in. 

Unfortunately under this regime...we will never get there 

Well, there are the Glazers, who loaded massive debt on Utd in a leveraged buyout and have taken tens of millions for themselves. And Kronke has paid himself millions in 'consultancy fees' and isn't investing as such.

Probably not models for us. Though I suppose Steve could grab the TV money for himself.

Not many owners who actually invest their own money and get it all back as a legitimate return as far as I can tell though. 

Well one thing is for sure IMO, if this transfer goes through and Bryan and Reid follow, signings like (and with all due respect) Watkins will not cut it for me, January was an abject disaster and now we need a few 'quality' signings for a change.

There is a lot of time to make signings of course but I remain totally unconvinced by our recent signings and especially the January debacle.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Yeah, we're wildly agreeing on this one except for one thing - I don't care about him not adding to his transfer value, I believe his value to us over another 4 years is worth considerably more than £5m, I don't want to make any money off him. That's what I meant about him not fitting the model. 

He isn't a big time potential player sale with a sell on too and all that good stuff - he is disproportionately valuable to us as he is, he established himself as an important player at both ends of the pitch and as a winner, why do we want £5m, and off a direct rival too, for me it's a false economy! 

4 million we got to give swindle a million sell on

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well one thing is for sure IMO, if this transfer goes through and Bryan and Reid follow, signings like (and with all due respect) Watkins will not cut it for me, January was an abject disaster and now we need a few 'quality' signings for a change.

There is a lot of time to make signings of course but I remain totally unconvinced by our recent signings and especially the January debacle.

I’m convinced that the real ambition has gone from City and the new plan is to be content with being a mid table Championship team. Gates of 20k ish, transfer fee income. and good non match day income will keep the club ticking over. The plan seems to  be to have a fluke season where it all goes right, City scape into the playoffs and make it to the promised land 

3 hours ago, Vil1 said:

Let him go I say.no pace.but a good reader.we can get better I believe.youth are what we want someone Hungary to prove themselves.pack will probably follow as everyone I see him he's hanging out of him.

Vilmos Seebok making a triumphant return perhaps?

Archived