IGNORED

£20m plus BUT

BS3_RED

Well one thing we seem to be getting right year in year out is a decent striker. So I've no problem with us replacing Reid. As for Flint that's a harder job. Looks like Webster of Ipswich is our prime target and he's regarded as one of the best young CBs in the league. So on paper it would be a great replacement, but like with any signing nothing is guaranteed. So long as they don't go out and buy some European youth player with potential for 3/4 million we should be alright. No need to panic yet. 

9 minutes ago, Negan said:

Well one thing we seem to be getting right year in year out is a decent striker. So I've no problem with us replacing Reid. As for Flint that's a harder job. Looks like Webster of Ipswich is our prime target and he's regarded as one of the best young CBs in the league. So on paper it would be a great replacement, but like with any signing nothing is guaranteed. So long as they don't go out and buy some European youth player with potential for 3/4 million we should be alright. No need to panic yet. 

Perfectly put really. I think we will see a real mix of the players coming in, and i cannot see us breaking the transfer record again just yet. I think we will blood some youth, and pick up a couple of decent buys. 
Webster would be a great start in this. 

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Forget 'faith'...I'd prefer to look for evidence that they've recruited well in the past. 

Our striker recruitment and replacing those before gives me faith we can replace Reid 

Yeah total trust. Last season's core was Frankie, Flint, Bryan, Korey, Pack & Bobby who all have something in common......

I wonder how delighted Lee Fraudson will be after his next shopping trip.

Oh and bin and snake me all you like - I care not a jot (unlike others).

Screenshot_20180627-134101.png

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Forget 'faith'...I'd prefer to look for evidence that they've recruited well in the past. 

Overall, yes they have. They must have done, that’s why we’ve improved. 

Of course there have been some that haven’t worked out, as with most clubs, but I think Tammy, Famara, Brownhill, COD, Baker, Wright, even Tomlin (at the time we signed him) show that they know what they are doing. 

22 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yes, I know its only rumours but I'm encouraged by the players we are being linked with

Being linked with players means nothing, look at West Ham. I will judge when we have signed a few newbies. As it stands , not confident.

Like I said in another thread we seem to be linked with the right types. Adelakun, Webster, Marriott and Clarke. All played a significant amount and well in English leagues. Mo Eisa and Willis similar but 2 divisions lower. If we can get a couple of these over the line I think it would show we have learned our lesson to a degree. 

• Admin

Copied from another forum but . . . .

UPDATED 7TH MAY-SEASON OVER

I've based this on how they've done, since signed.

Three windows 28 Sen Players Signed.That's enough for two teams+.

• One's in Red are loans (8)
  • We've had ONE succesful loan 1/8.Any way you look at it that's dreadful recruitment.
  • My take on this is that we have made some very poor,poor & indifferent signings.Geifer, Matthews, Eckstrand,Hegler,GON,Elliason,Engvall,Diony, Kent, Taylor & Woodrow 11/25. Jurys's out on Djuric who's probably OK as an impact player if we can get him fit & keep him fit.

Probably missed one or two so please add.

GK (3)

1.Ivan Lucic............................5/10

2.Fabian Geifer......................6/10

3.Luke Steele.........................7/10

----------------------------------------------

RB (2)

4.Adam Matthews..................2/10

5.Eros Pisano........................6/10

---------------------------------------------

RCB (3)

6.Taylor Moore......................5/10

7.Bailey Wright......................7/10

8.Eckstrand...........................0/10

------------------------------------------------

LCB (2)

9.Hourder Magnusson..........6/10

10.Nathan Baker...................7/10

-----------------------------------------------

CENTRE & HOLDING MIDFIELD (2)

11.Jens Hegler......................4/10

12.Gary O'Neil......................5/10

--------------------------------------------

ATTACKING MIDFIELD/WING (6)

13.Lee Tomlin........................6/10

14.Josh Brownhill...................8/10

15.Callum O'Dowda...............7/10

16.Jamie Paterson.................7/10

17.Dave Cotterill....................6/10

18.Niclas Elliason...................4/10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRIKER (7)

19.Gustav Engvall................0/10

20.Matt Taylor.......................6/10

21.Tammy Abraham.............10/10

22.Milan Duric.......................5/10

23.Cauley Woodrow..............5/10

24.Famara Diedhiou..............7/10

25.Jonathan Leko..................5/10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

26.Liam Walsh.......................5/10

27.Ryan Kent........................2/10

28.Loic Diony........................0/10

• So,28 signed in 3 Windows.
  • Ave appx 9 Per Window
  • 28/8 (Loan) = 20 LJ Signings Left
  • Of those 20 few are regular starters

I honestly don't see how anyone can have any faith in our recruitment or, indeed, our ability to recruit.

I believe that unless SL takes to shackles off the budget we are very unlikely to progress & more likely to regress.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Yeah total trust. Last season's core was Frankie, Flint, Bryan, Korey, Pack & Bobby who all have something in common......

Worryingly this core of players were our driving force over the past few years, and the other familiar pattern is most of these all look like they will be on their way this summer !

12 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Only one thing in common?

I know all of them bar Reid have been key players in a team that has had three dreadful periods of form in three seasons but surely there are other things they have in common too?

Diedhiou and Baker have been pretty good big money signings. Arguably Baker was signed because we thought Flint was going last summer. The pairing of Wright and Baker started last season well. 

Wright needs to play right sided centre back. It does him no favours playing him out of position at LCB or right back.

I’m assuming Vyner will be centre back cover this season. We need cover for Baker assuming Kelly is earmarked for left back. 

We do need a good right back though to compete with Pisano.

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Diedhiou and Baker have been pretty good big money signings. Arguably Baker was signed because we thought Flint was going last summer. The pairing of Wright and Baker started last season well. 

Wright needs to play right sided centre back. It does him no favours playing him out of position at LCB or right back.

I’m assuming Vyner will be centre back cover this season. We need cover for Baker assuming Kelly is earmarked for left back. 

We do need a good right back though to compete with Pisano.

I will be disappointed if Pisano hasn't been replaced come August.

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course there have been some that haven’t worked out, as with most clubs, but I think Tammy, Famara, Brownhill, COD, Baker, Wright, even Tomlin (at the time we signed him) show that they know what they are doing. 

I remain unconvinced...imho it's amateur night at Ashton Gate in most departments...from the top down. The only occasions on which it isn't - the building of the stadium being one, the recruitment of the team that got us out of League One another - it's because experienced people with a proven track record have been brought in to do the job. The list quoted by @phantom above makes the point...for me. Amazed that others see it differently but I'm delighted for those who do!

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

At this moment in time I have real reservations that we are going into next season any better than we were when Cotts brought us up

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

With Flinty going, BCFC will have to pay out on the sell on clauses agreed by Swindon & Alfreton so just how much BCFC get is debatable? It wont be £7 million - that’s for sure!

Sell on clause was allegedly 20% of profit. So we'd get about £5.6m from £7m.

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Copied from another forum but . . . .

UPDATED 7TH MAY-SEASON OVER

I've based this on how they've done, since signed.

Three windows 28 Sen Players Signed.That's enough for two teams+.

• One's in Red are loans (8)
  • We've had ONE succesful loan 1/8.Any way you look at it that's dreadful recruitment.
  • My take on this is that we have made some very poor,poor & indifferent signings.Geifer, Matthews, Eckstrand,Hegeler,GON,Elliason,Engvall,Diony, Kent, Taylor & Woodrow 11/25. Jurys's out on Djuric who's probably OK as an impact player if we can get him fit & keep him fit.

Probably missed one or two so please add.

GK (3)

1.Ivan Lucic............................5/10

2.Fabian Geifer......................6/10

3.Luke Steele.........................7/10

----------------------------------------------

RB (2)

4.Adam Matthews..................2/10

5.Eros Pisano........................6/10

---------------------------------------------

RCB (3)

6.Taylor Moore......................5/10

7.Bailey Wright......................7/10

8.Eckstrand...........................0/10

------------------------------------------------

LCB (2)

9.Hourder Magnússon..........6/10

10.Nathan Baker...................7/10

-----------------------------------------------

CENTRE & HOLDING MIDFIELD (2)

11.Jens Hegeler......................4/10

12.Gary O'Neil......................5/10

--------------------------------------------

ATTACKING MIDFIELD/WING (6)

13.Lee Tomlin........................6/10

14.Josh Brownhill...................8/10

15.Callum O'Dowda...............7/10

16.Jamie Paterson.................7/10

17.Dave Cotterill....................6/10

18.Niclas Elliason...................4/10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRIKER (7)

19.Gustav Engvall................0/10

20.Matt Taylor.......................6/10

21.Tammy Abraham.............10/10

22.Milan Duric.......................5/10

23.Cauley Woodrow..............5/10

24.Famara Diedhiou..............7/10

25.Jonathan Leko..................5/10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

26.Liam Walsh.......................5/10

27.Ryan Kent........................2/10

28.Loic Diony........................0/10

• So,28 signed in 3 Windows.
  • Ave appx 9 Per Window
  • 28/8 (Loan) = 20 LJ Signings Left
  • Of those 20 few are regular starters

I honestly don't see how anyone can have any faith in our recruitment or, indeed, our ability to recruit.

I believe that unless SL takes to shackles off the budget we are very unlikely to progress & more likely to regress.

Thanks for posting - the record is mostly trash.

Only Baker (had been here already), Fammy and Brownhill could be argued as reliable starters. O'Dowda looks like he could be a player but hardly set the world on fire.

I wouldn't give Johnson 20 quid to get a round it let alone 10M to spend on players. 

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Worryingly this core of players were our driving force over the past few years, and the other familiar pattern is most of these all look like they will be on their way this summer !

Rip the backbone out and the rest falls apart, what happened to building for the future.

25 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

I wonder how delighted Lee Fraudson will be after his next shopping trip.

Oh and bin and snake me all you like - I care not a jot (unlike others).

Screenshot_20180627-134101.png

what happened to his belief in keeping HIS squad together ? if this window is worse than the last one we are only going one way.

I will await LJ`s comments of giving his newbies time to gel closely followed by fine tuning in the next xmas window, predictable and been here before.

Archived