IGNORED

Possible new signing

Coombsy

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

Don't even joke, imagine losing Bobby for £10m and then paying £9m for Diony..... :grr:

Just had it confirmed - 5 year deal, £9m upfront and he is now the highest paid player in the clubs history.

Lad deserves it after what he did from January........

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Antman said:

thanks, my search threw up old stories.

It does seem more than mad to sell Flint for the same as we are paying for this guy though (ignoring the 'add on's) Flint is totally proven and scores goals i would expect up front payment of at least £7.5M plus stuff

Everyone seems to be ignoring that the Sky Sports journo who broke the Flint medical news yesterday, corrected his earlier assertion that the fee was “upwards of £5m” with an update of the fee being £7m.

26 minutes ago, Antman said:

It does seem more than mad to sell Flint for the same as we are paying for this guy though (ignoring the 'add on's) Flint is totally proven and scores goals i would expect up front payment of at least £7.5M plus stuff

Agreed, unless Flint really didn’t want to be here anymore?

14 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Everyone seems to be ignoring that the Sky Sports journo who broke the Flint medical news yesterday, corrected his earlier assertion that the fee was “upwards of £5m” with an update of the fee being £7m.

hardly that - TBH, i'm not spending my time trawling the many many stories, I have a day job ;).

I'd be much more happy with £7m (plus a goals scored bonus!!)

31 minutes ago, Antman said:

Firstly Sky Sports are saying today its £7m, also if you want to say some of that has add ons so would our bid for Webster probably so wouldn't be £5m upfront more than likely.

Just now, hodge said:

Firstly Sky Sports are saying today its £7m, also if you want to say some of that has add ons so would our bid for Webster probably so wouldn't be £5m upfront more than likely.

Why is everyone so obsessed about the fee? It's not our money!

1 minute ago, Super said:

He's right you know.

It all belongs to HM Government. Just notes promising you can have a certain amount of gold.

Pure logic - good post.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Just pointing out a discrepancy in using the full supposed value of the Webster deal but only using a potential initial fee of Flint's to compare the fee. 

8 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Agreed, unless Flint really didn’t want to be here anymore?

Well, he wanted more money, yes. 

He would have taken it last summer and he’s taken it at the first opportunity this summer.

Can’t fault his efforts last season though, so fair play to him. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, he wanted more money, yes. 

He would have taken it last summer and he’s taken it at the first opportunity this summer.

Can’t fault his efforts last season though, so fair play to him. 

Yes. As disappointing as it is, it’s a job for these guys and they have limited earning potential, so you can’t blame them.

44 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Yes. As disappointing as it is, it’s a job for these guys and they have limited earning potential, so you can’t blame them.

This always makes me laugh, he’s probably earned more in the last two years than most people earn in a life time.

13 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

This always makes me laugh, he’s probably earned more in the last two years than most people earn in a life time.

I’m not feeling sorry for any of them at all!

But when you know that your earning potential probably stops in your mid 30s (and you’ve got used to a certain standard of living) I am sure that it focuses the mind.  

33 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

I’m not feeling sorry for any of them at all!

But when you know that your earning potential probably stops in your mid 30s (and you’ve got used to a certain standard of living) I am sure that it focuses the mind.  

Exactly , approaching your last few years of earning very good money then offered a chance to earn more again. That last big payday would tempt anyone. 

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

So reported at their end as £3.5m + add on's , could be £8m ! ££4.5m in add on's ? What do we have to to to pay that? Promotion, Cup win, boat race and Gran National ?

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 18.12.54.png

The addons would likely mean that if we have to pay them, things have gone well for us and Webster. 

Ashton and co seem to have pulled off a good deal here.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

The addons would likely mean that if we have to pay them, things have gone well for us and Webster. 

Ashton and co seem to have pulled off a good deal here.

With out knowing the facts, the deal does seem weighted well for us with over half in add ons. 

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

DgtP0nSW0AAFvOL.jpg:large

Pinched from someone off twitter. 

this was pinched from a Facebook group that i uploaded it to. :)

@Coombsy will be able to confirm as its the same pic i sent him hrs ago. been trying to work out how to up load a picture on here for an hr, as i wanted to back coombsy up (as for a change he isn't stiring) 

Archived