IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

If he goes, I’m only interested in the fee. If it’s a good fee for City then he can go anywhere, even Rovers, though they might have to pay in instalments over the next 150 years to afford it 

These things take time. :whistle2:

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wondered if they might have been interested.

Ideal move for him if true, no need presumably to leave BS5, a decent fee which along with the Magnússon, Flint (& presumably Bryan?) money we now need to re-invest.

Think if he joins them though it answers the question as to how much of a fan he is..

I don't think he's a City fan at all.

He's been 'schooled' at City since a very young age and he'll obviously have a very strong affiliation with the club due to that.

That's from the inside looking out though rather than being any sort of fan in the sense all of us are.

Iirc. he 'supports' Arsenal so it's quite possible he'd never have set foot inside AG but for being spotted as a schoolboy.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

10 million for a player out of contract next season? Yes please! I don’t care that it’s Cardiff, 10 million would be a great piece of business.

This is the thing, are we really going to get someone else bid close to £10m? The only other supposedly interested clubs are championship clubs at the £8m mark, at which point you get people 'outraged' we're selling to rivals, this way we won't have to play against him in the league next season. 

Course he’s not a fan. He’s an employee. 

But still, what a horrible twist that it has to be them. The fee is great if true but I won’t be able to find it in myself to wish him well there and what a sad end to an amazing season for him from the fans perspective. 

He won’t care of course, and neither really should he. But damn :( 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Course he’s not a fan. He’s an employee. 

But still, what a horrible twist that it has to be them. The fee is great if true but I won’t be able to find it in myself to wish him well there and what a sad end to an amazing season for him from the fans perspective. 

He won’t care of course, and neither really should he. But damn :( 

Doesn't follow at all.

Garland, Merrick, Doherty and Skuse, for instance, were all long time attending City fans before signing for the club.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

This is the thing, are we really going to get someone else bid close to £10m? The only other supposedly interested clubs are championship clubs at the £8m mark, at which point you get people 'outraged' we're selling to rivals, this way we won't have to play against him in the league next season. 

This time last year he was worth hardly anything, this time next year he will be worth nothing, 2 million extra just because it’s Cardiff will heel my wounds.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Exactly.

Add to the fact that if he hadn't come good this season just gone, he'd have likely been released on a free to someone like Plymouth.

A Cardiff supporting friend of mine said there's no way they'll be paying £10 million for him. He says either the figure is wrong or the whole story isn't true.

Guess we'll find out, but it seems to have a lot behind it now.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Have to agree mate. Don't think 10mil is bad business at all, especially as his contract is up end of next season. 

Just a shame that a.) it's Cardiff & b.) so close after selling Flint for peanuts.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Didn't realise we had any players left 

Better than Hull who only have 12 show up for first day of pre-season... Speaking of which guess we'll find any truth tomorrow if that's when players return, club loves their first day back photos.

As I felt on the Flint situation, these transfers are far better out the way with now rather than dragged on through the summer and then they happen last few days before season starts.

Had a fantastic season for us last time out, didn't really get going in any season before that. It's a shame to not be able to build around Flint and Reid being here but it happens and sooner rather than later on in the window is better. 

The real test will be how this all gets reinvested.

9 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

We’d be lucky to stay up at this rate.

Bit early for that much drama isn’t it? We were only just going to stay up this season apparently....

If these rumours are to be believed we’re talking about £15m+ into the kitty, assuming it’s made available. 

Of course the question of whether we spend that wisely is up for debate but we’re not a Burton or a Rotherham with a shoestring budget. We are a mid table club, budget wise, and I’d expect our squad to reflect that come the window shutting. 

To finish near the bottom 3 would be grossly underachieving. 

It's a shit move, but £10m is a cracking bit of business for a player in his last year.

If possible, I'd put a sell-on clause or a goals clause as a part of the deal too, just in case we're letting a real gem go.

Let's be fair, though. Cardiff are a Premier League team, and they've been a Premier League team in the past too. They're a much better prospect than we are.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am not convinced by this story, but I would say Reid is definitely a Warnock type player, great engine and gives 100%.

I see the knobhead post reporter has claimed this as a story now but it is as vague as the original tweet, journalism my arse.

Always sceptical about rumours. But the account on Twitter had 85k followers. Which normally means they don’t deal in bullshit 

Archived