IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

Just now, red84 said:

Just goes to show you about loyalty in football. Anyone from Bristol who was a true fan of City would not sign for Cardiff. Bobby does not go with my best wishes!!

For 10 million he certainly goes with my best wishes. I’d even give him a piggy back there for that amount.

1 minute ago, red84 said:

Just goes to show you about loyalty in football. Anyone from Bristol who was a true fan of City would not sign for Cardiff. Bobby does not go with my best wishes!!

Absolute nonsense.

He is probably looking at a life changing salary and the chance to play in the best league in the world.

No one is going to turn down what might be millions of quid because it's Cardiff. 

I think it’s a goer. He can commute from Bristol, where is Family are very close to him, and he can play in the Prem. From what I’m hearing I would be very surprised if this doesn’t happen.

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

Not to Cardiff please, not to Cardiff!

It would be heartbreaking, even more than Flint at Boro.  :o

I'm not sure Cardiff is the right move for him to be honest, however it might make other clubs get their arses in gear if they are genuinely interested. For my money he is tailor-made for Bournemouth especially with a mentor like Defoe to guide him.

Probably been said by others, but:

One good season, with no guarantee he can repeat
One year left on his contract
I'd take £10m off the G*s for him if he wants out
I just can't see him being a PL player, let alone in a Colin team

Good luck to him, but in terms of losing Flint this one isn't hurting anything like as much

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

For 10 million he certainly goes with my best wishes. I’d even give him a piggy back there for that amount.

Not to Cardiff though, surely other options on the table for him.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Absolute nonsense.

He is probably looking at a life changing salary and the chance to play in the best league in the world.

No one is going to turn down what might be millions of quid because it's Cardiff. 

Not nonsense at all, other clubs would have been in for him who would have been able to offer the same wage wise.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Probably been said by others, but:

One good season, with no guarantee he can repeat
One year left on his contract
I'd take £10m off the G*s for him if he wants out
I just can't see him being a PL player, let alone in a Colin team

Good luck to him, but in terms of losing Flint this one isn't hurting anything like as much

I agree with every word of that.

Well apart from the gas and 10mil, that is just to far removed from reality to believe, although if their massive fan base all crowdfunded say 1p each they would be able to buy him, Flint and Joe of course.

47 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Not sure that he is really a Warnock type player.....then I guess that Tomlin wasnt either

What does Cardiff's football really need? Lungs and legs. Bobby Reid gets around that pitch at speed and has a aerobic endurance that is A+. For a team wanting to go long and hit runners in behind he is as good as it gets in the championship and out of possession he works as hard as any. 

I posted elsewhere on here a few weeks back i had a bad feeling Cardiff would be in for one of ours. One of the Bristol boys in particular could be tempted by that short drive over the bridge and Prem football.

If the money is right, no problem with him going there even if it is under Warknock. I think he's probably a good fit and could do well for them.

Be a shame to see him leave just as he's discovered himself but could only wish him well and will be keen to keep an eye on his progress.

Sad, but unsurprising this one.

For the club - and for Bobby - it makes sense, much more so than Flint's move.

Still gutting, but I wish Bob well. Hopefully he'll be the one successful component to a failing Cardiff team that comes back down in 2019. 

Archived