IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Fair comment, a virus may sound like no big deal to us but it can have a potentially devastating effect on athletes.

I'm as far from an athlete as you could get! I got (?), glandular fever 30 years ago which led to several relapses and was finally diagnosed with M.E., an energy sapping illness which to this day leaves me doubting my ability to carry out many physical tasks as I can't predict what my energy levels will be from day to day. So my sympathies obviously lie with Pato if this is the problem.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wasn’t marking any homework just found it weird that the general point was about Southampton being relegated from the premier league when they stayed up....

Fair enough. I interpreted the post differently to you, I understood the point to be about selling off all the quality in a squad when you still need it to compete. Which is what I agreed with. 

1 minute ago, Midred said:

I'm as far from an athlete as you could get! I got (?), glandular fever 30 years ago which led to several relapses and was finally diagnosed with M.E., an energy sapping illness which to this day leaves me doubting my ability to carry out many physical tasks as I can't predict what my energy levels will be from day to day. So my sympathies obviously lie with Pato if this is the problem.

Sorry to hear that. I had a friend who had the same experience a similar number of years ago so I can only sympathise.

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Fair comment, a virus may sound like no big deal to us but it can have a potentially devastating effect on athletes.

He must have had one every season then China

The virus may be a factor but he’s gone missing in spells each season through his career to date

7 hours ago, CitySSeven said:

Here's my thoughts. 

Pack bought for 200k 
Flint bought for 300k
Bryan and Reid were free
Mags, not too sure. 

The fact that we've gotten all these players for around 2 million and we're now selling them for what would be total of 20 Mill + Is great business. Maybe some forget the fact that before last Season, Bobby was no asset for us, Kelly is almost certainly capable of filling Bryans place. Flint has served well but was always at the heart of a defence that shipped a lot of goals. Pack is good but doesn't have any stand out traits and Mags albeit his love by the fans, just never got going. 4/5 of these players are promotion players, we need to move on. I think the only real loss would be Flint and Bobby (no replacement yet). There will be more incomings. Stop panicking people :sign09:

The award for wishful thinking goes to...

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The award for wishful thinking goes to...

How's it wishful thinking when A) the Figures are correct, we would have made a lot of profit and B) Everyone getting worried before we've even returned to training.. Everyone gets over their heads

59 minutes ago, Midred said:

My mate suffered that (GF) having just broke into the first team at Coventry (then in the top flight).  Knocked him out for a year.

49 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He was unbelievably good before that illness and when playing centrally.

Nail on head there, (centrally). After his return from injury, he was returned to the team but seemed to be suffering physically after losing weight. Christmas came and he seemed to be getting it back together, or that's how I saw it. Transfer window happens and we sign Kent to play wide right, changing the shape of the team. Famara comes back in and, Paterson ends up in a restricted role on the left wing, charged with more defensive duties and BR taking up the central role. That's when his performance and subsequent appearance levels dropped. He aint a left winger.

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

I hope Bobby grows a foot taller to deal with their whooshball!

i cant see how he fits into their ‘style’ but who cares, £10m, SL gotta be happy with that for a one season wonder!

Cardiff don’t play whooshball. So many sucked into believing that.  They are physical, they play one / two touch stuff, not tiki-taka I accept, but they play forward every time they can, as quickly as possible and into their wide-men as much as possible.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cardiff don’t play whooshball. So many sucked into believing that.  They are physical, they play one / two touch stuff, not tiki-taka I accept, but they play forward every time they can, as quickly as possible and into their wide-men as much as possible.

Whooshball! 

Centre halves literally pump it long at every opportunity. 

Horrible to watch. Perhaps effective but i dont see that style suiting Bobby!

£10m suits me though as im sure it does the club. 

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whatever it is, it’s not great to watch. Sure promotion cushions the blow though.

15 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Whooshball! 

We’ll agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Whatever it is, it’s not great to watch. Sure promotion cushions the blow though.

It’s quite exciting imho.  Wingers dribbling past players (Hoilett / Mendez-Laing). Crosses into the box, goalmouth action was what I witnessed on several occasions.

Cynical at times?  Yep.

Gamesmanship?  Yep

Boss a bit of nob?  Yep at times.

Not great to watch?  Not imho.

7 hours ago, Super said:

I'm a bit upset that we never got to see the Engvall / Diony  partnership!

That’s a vision that leaves me salivating. An opportunity missed there. That a three goal a season partnership if ever I’ve seen one.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s quite exciting imho.  Wingers dribbling past players (Hoilett / Mendez-Laing). Crosses into the box, goalmouth action was what I witnessed on several occasions.

Cynical at times?  Yep.

Gamesmanship?  Yep

Boss a bit of nob?  Yep at times.

Not great to watch?  Not imho.

Each to their own but watching a team effectively move it out from the back is far better to watch...imho

7 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Each to their own but watching a team effectively move it out from the back is far better to watch...imho

Yep, beautiful to watch when it ends up in a scoring opportunity or moment of action.  

Bloody frustrating when it goes into the midfield, goes nowhere, back to Flint, who whacks it forward.

I quite liked the attritional way we played up til Xmas, with our 4 CBs.  It wasn’t very attractive at times, but I liked that we gradually ground down the opposition, scored and then defended well.  

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

For 10 million pound you can call him what you want. Is quite ironic though isn’t it . You’re snake was apparently worth 10 million and went for 300k .  :rofl2br:

And ours was worth 300k this time last season and gone for 10 mill:shifty:

10 mil for a player who has had one good season and no reassurance he will do the same next year, seems like really good business for the club. Even more so when he is an academy product. I assume he would most likely be the most expensive city academy graduate? Happy to be wrong. You would also hope it will give the current academy lads a boost and drive to emulate him.

• Admin
2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

45% over £100k innit? 

Either way just because someone earns a huge wedge already isn’t going to stop them taking a bigger one if it’s on offer. Human nature.  

45% income tax on income over £150K PA.

And I would move for a substantial pay rise, loyalty doesn’t pay the bills.

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Whooshball! 

Yeh ‘whooshball’ - so many blinkered, bandwagon views on Cardiff...have a look at this from 34 secs in.....

41 minutes ago, BigTone said:

£10m for Reid would be great business IMO

15 minutes ago, RedFencing said:

10 mil for a player who has had one good season and no reassurance he will do the same next year, seems like really good business for the club. Even more so when he is an academy product. I assume he would most likely be the most expensive city academy graduate? Happy to be wrong. You would also hope it will give the current academy lads a boost and drive to emulate him.

This sums it up for me . Don’t want to see him go but we all knew he would be leaving at some point . The fact it’s that welsh lot adds debate to the subject . 

Get a decent sell on fee as he’ll want to go when they get relegated anyway ..

Archived