IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

<<Picture removed to prevent trauma>>

The one picture I hoped we wouldn't see.  What is it about Cardiff that makes them want their players to look like bellends?

Just now, DaveF said:

He’d be mad to turn down that sort of money and a move to the premiership, I don’t think loyalty really comes into it.

As fans of a club we always naturally feel our favourite/good players should be loyal, maybe even doubly so for local lads that came through our youth ranks. But,  whether they grew up as a fan or not it is still a job for professional footballer, and they need to be ambitious to make the most of their career. I'd rather have players full of drive and determination (like Bobby last season) at our club than players happy to stroll through games and just collect their pay check at the end of the week - we have had far too many of those in the past.

Unfortunately people with a driven psyche on the pitch also tend to be people who will want to push themselves to higher levels when the opportunity arises off of it. Bobby has earnt that opportunity with his performances last season. While it would have been nice for us to have had him tied to a longer contract,  and for us to have had more seasons out of him, I don't think before pre-season last summer people would have honestly felt he rightly deserved a longer contract with us.

I will be hoping he has a good/great season, that despite that Cardiff get relegated/humiliated, and that Bobby then has the opportunity of a bigger move to a safely mid-table premier league side next summer (like Everton, West Ham etc). and that we end up with another £3-5M from a sell on.

Just now, Newquay-Red said:

Had it been any other club, I would have wished him well. I hope the sight of having our best player sign for our bitter rivals (who are now in the Prem) galvanize the squad and staff to realise that they need to up their efforts if this is not to happen again.

Yep. I don’t begrudge him a move but I can’t wish him well there. 

One of only a couple who came out of the second half the season with any credit. Will be missed.....now that said, 10m for a player in the last year of his contract and has only had one good year, you can't really argue with. I would of sold him for a pint of Thatchers this time last year.

Just now, Newquay-Red said:

Had it been any other club, I would have wished him well. I hope the sight of having our best player sign for our bitter rivals (who are now in the Prem) galvanize the squad and staff to realise that they need to up their efforts if this is not to happen again.

Are they really? That for me will only ever be Rovers.

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

One of only a couple who came out of the second half the season with any credit. Will be missed.....now that said, 10m for a player in the last year of his contract and has only had one good year, you can't really argue with. I would of sold him for a pint of Thatchers this time last year.

He soon undid that! 

Gutted, bloody Cardiff as well..

Just feels like a massive lack of loyalty, mainly to Lee Johnson. Average player at best prior to this season, 1 decent season at Centre Forward and he’s off. Footballs about money these days I get it, but you always feel different when it’s one of your own! 

1 minute ago, MC26 said:

I tried to pretend that I wasn't too bothered about him signing for Cardiff but that has made me a bit sick! 

Yup, but I guess if they are paying the money they pull the strings. No class that though Bobby

*Note how I can’t bring myself to say good luck yet to him, only goodbye

Archived