IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

Going to miss him so much, largely because of his ambition this year which is so clearly to have got to the Prem. My take is that he tried to do it, almost single handedly via his own hard work and attitude alongside the opportunities he was gifted last season by LJ et al. I believe the reason he didn’t sign a new contract was  because he carried on hoping that it would be us who took him to the Prem and I imagine he was horribly disappointed by some of the players around him not giving their all in the same way he did.

His message to us seems heartfelt. He gets to the Prem, he’s still near home and he’s still near the club he has been with for so many years. Yes, it’s Cardiff, but as we constantly bemoan we are a long way from any other Prem or indeed Championship club.

Good Luck our Bobby 

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

A nice message, and I wish him well. 

Obviously, it's not great that he went to Cardiff, but they were the only ones willing (or stupid enough) to spend £10m on a player with a year left on their contract. 

What was quite telling is that he moved to Cardiff for the Premier League. It's understandable, but it does raise the questions of why he was willing to do this now, instead of waiting to see if Bristol City can push on. He's young enough to have one more major move in him, so it's not a matter of time running out. For me, this is the biggest question that LJ and co need to answer. Can you guarantee that we progress, or do our players need to move on to taste success?

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush as they say. Premier league now or maybe never...

5 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

From what I've seen, he's a brilliant player at Championship level and is more than deserving of his chance.

Unless you've bought Harry Kane, or Sergio Aguero then there isn't a signing that's not a potential risk

Is he actually likely to play? You have the prolific Madine remember.

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

What the underlying message of that video was, was 'our ambitions don't match'.

Wish the club would read the ******* room.

Do you want us to do a Villa? Spend a tonne on players and watch it blow up in our face if it doesn't work as that's the only way we're likely reaching the prem outside of our current plan

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Do you want us to do a Villa? Spend a tonne on players and watch it blow up in our face if it doesn't work as that's the only way we're likely reaching the prem outside of our current plan

When did I say that?

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

When did I say that?

Seemed like you were saying the club needs to be doing more as we're not as ambitious as the player. We've broken our record spend on a defender it seems, could be breaking our overall record spend on Marriott if rumours are true, if we were content to stay in the division we'd have gone for far cheaper options. 

26 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

To all the spiteful Cardiff fans on here I hope Bobby excels for you, and his Bluebirds tenure is as short as possible as he makes you a truck load of cash to cushion the inevitable blow of relegation. 

??

There only seems to be one and he seems well behaved!

Just now, hodge said:

Seemed like you were saying the club needs to be doing more as we're not as ambitious as the player. We've broken our record spend on a defender it seems, could be breaking our overall record spend on Marriott if rumours are true, if we were content to stay in the division we'd have gone for far cheaper options. 

I think you've massively misread my post there mate.

Fact of the matter is we aren't as ambitious as the player. Bobby is desperate to play in the Premier League in the same way that Villa were. That was a team absolutely gagging to play in the PL again, and they paid the price for it.

I'd like to see us develop as a team by recruiting well, and Webster and Marriott 100% fit that bill. We haven't been doing that sort of recruitment, we've recruited exceptionally poorly, and thats why we ended up at a crossroads with BR. We do need to be doing more, but Webster and Marriott certainly are more.

Still not chipper about it though.

37 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

This is nonsense mate, come on. You’re saying because we’ve been wasteful with money before, screw a bid even if its £2m higher than any others we’ve received.

i think when you’ve calmed down you’ll realise how ridiculous that idea is.

I was quite calm, I just think we should be consistent as a club in our appreciation of what £1m is. :)

I'm not keen on seeing Bobby Reid doing the Ayatollah, that is the ultimate wind up between the two clubs, but it is what it is, we move on, however the fact we've put ourselves in a position to receive that insult, for an amount of money that our club have routinely wasted unnecessarily, annoys me.

I'm not saying screw the extra £1m+, I'm saying if we really care enough about £1m to kick fans in the teeth like this, then for gods sake show the same thought and care for our budget on the number of speculative punts that the current management have wasted money on. Which is quite a lot.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I think you've massively misread my post there mate.

Fact of the matter is we aren't as ambitious as the player. Bobby is desperate to play in the Premier League in the same way that Villa were. That was a team absolutely gagging to play in the PL again, and they paid the price for it.

I'd like to see us develop as a team by recruiting well, and Webster and Marriott 100% fit that bill. We haven't been doing that sort of recruitment, we've recruited exceptionally poorly, and thats why we ended up at a crossroads with BR. We do need to be doing more, but Webster and Marriott certainly are more.

Still not chipper about it though.

So you're critical of the club for not being as ambitious as Reid but then say you're happy with how we're recruiting re Webster and Marriott, sorry but the original post comes across a bit strange then.

Just now, Olé said:

I was quite calm, I just think we should be consistent as a club in our appreciation of what £1m is. :)

I'm not keen on seeing Bobby Reid doing the Ayatollah, that is the ultimate wind up between the two clubs, but it is what it is, we move on, however the fact we've put ourselves in a position to receive that insult, for an amount of money that our club have routinely wasted unnecessarily, annoys me.

I'm not saying screw the extra £1m+, I'm saying if we really care enough about £1m to kick fans in the teeth like this, then for gods sake show the same thought and care for our budget on the number of speculative punts that the current management have wasted money on. Which is quite a lot.

Well that’s fine. But our very hit-and-miss transfer policy, which I agree with you needs to improve, has no bearing on whether this is a good deal, which on the surface it very much is unless someone else offered anywhere near what Cardiff did... and it doesn’t sound like they did.

Just now, hodge said:

So you're critical of the club for not being as ambitious as Reid but then say you're happy with how we're recruiting re Webster and Marriott, sorry but the original post comes across a bit strange then.

I'm not being critical in the first post. I'm saying that the ambitions of the players didn't match, that's just fact, no air of criticism about it.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm not being critical in the first post. I'm saying that the ambitions of the players didn't match, that's just fact, no air of criticism about it.

You're telling the club to ******* read the room with regards to our supposed ambitions because we're losing players, how does that not come across as critical? It may be true but its still being critical. 

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

Very well put. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

You're telling the club to ******* read the room with regards to our supposed ambitions because we're losing players, how does that not come across as critical? It may be true but its still being critical. 

******* read the room with regards to the 'Thank you Bobby' grovelling tripe that I think is dopey. 

It was a lazy post as I could've put that but in no means am I critical of the business of the deal.

If the argument is I'm being critical of the club with regards to how they read the room, then yes, I am being critical. 

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

******* read the room with regards to the 'Thank you Bobby' grovelling tripe that I think is dopey. 

It was a lazy post as I could've put that but in no means am I critical of the business of the deal.

If the argument is I'm being critical of the club with regards to how they read the room, then yes, I am being critical. 

Fair enough if thats what its regards to, didn't come across it given it was following a comment about our ambitions :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Fair enough if thats what its regards to, didn't come across it given it was following a comment about our ambitions :thumbsup:

Out of likes but understand how it must've looked!

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Same here. I’m very annoyed about the carry on on social media from our club in the aftermath of an utter humiliation. An utter humiliation which only happened because of our own lack of ambition, no less. 

That doesn’t mean I’m not pleased with the club for the commercials of the deal. Whoever sanctioned all that tripe on Twitter needs telling, they couldn’t have more spectacarly misjudged the mood if they’d tried. 

Like I said, even the 6 fingered gypos from across the river knew how to conduct their press in the aftermath of us nabbing Taylor. 

Amateur hour doesn’t even come close. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Same here. I’m very annoyed about the carry on on social media from our club in the aftermath of an utter humiliation. An utter humiliation which only happened because of our own lack of ambition, no less. 

That doesn’t mean I’m not pleased with the club for the commercials of the deal. Whoever sanctioned all that tripe on Twitter needs telling, they couldn’t have more spectacarly misjudged the mood if they’d tried. 

Like I said, even the 6 fingered gypos from across the river knew how to conduct their press in the aftermath of us nabbing Taylor. 

Think you might want to consider an edit 

:yawn:

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Put much more eloquently than I couldve done, this is spot on for me.

One tweet, Bobby Reid joins Cardiff for an undisclosed fee, done. No more mentions of it. No academy pathway propaganda. No highlight reels. No "I'll always look out for results" bollocks.

Smacks of pointless gimmicks, or an intern who doesn't understand football in Bristol.

2 minutes ago, CardiffCityFan said:

Now you know what its like to be Bristol Rovers, losing a player to your bigger rivals haha :cool:

The biggest issue for me isn’t the clubs involved, more how we are no closer to premiership football then 11 years ago, despite having a local billionaire Englishman in charge who has pumped 150m-200m into the club.

Baffling 

14 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I can’t get over bobby doing the ayatollah 

stood next to smug warnock and tan !!! 

I feel so let down by bobby and the club right now .. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Matty Taylor had a goal gif with a snake. To rub in the noses of our blew few friends and oh how we laughed.

It's football, we have taken a significant amount of money for Reid. He is a Cardiff player now and for some mongy reason the ayatollah is what they do. If he feels he has to do that to appeal to the dwindling fans of Cardiff City then c'est la vie.

Cardiff fans having a right laugh at you lot having a meltdown over Bobby, I still think we may have got the better of the deal, all depends on how Bobby performs at Premier League level, I certainly don't see him getting the chances he had for us at that level.

9 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Premier league player my arse

Well, whether you like it or not, he will be next season......good luck to him.

There are a shed load of people on here making an absolute mockery of themselves over this......move on people!

Archived