IGNORED

England v Belgium what would you do?

daored

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can’t work out whether we are being very cunning and performing like 11 strangers or our quality in our back up is a bit thin - and we won’t really find out about our first 11 until Columbia

Cunning? Really? Most of tonights team are playing in the hope that they might get picked as the tournament progresses, did you see any one of the 8 changes that you would pick?, I didn’t.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree

But if we arnt up to Columbia there’s a good chance we’d not have got through the harder half of the draw and Brazil , Mexico etc

would anyone have taken beat Columbia and Sweden/Swiss before the tournament

Yes please

Lets be honest any game now will be tough (Tho I’d have been v confident about Japan) but the gods have smiled on us and opened a door

Are we good enough to cash in ?

If by cash in you mean win the tournament then I highly doubt it, but wouldnt rule it out completely.

If you mean reach (at least) the semis, then it's not unfeasable in the draw we're in.

But we will have to face one of the 'big nations' or favourite again at some point.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

With respect Bob, Belgium reserves are far better than Tunisia and Panama.

True but what I meant was , for example , as much as I like Rashford and some flashes of star quality it IMHO shows Sterling offers more all round even if he’s not red hot

Henderson v Dier etc

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

If by cash in you mean win the tournament then I highly doubt it, but wouldnt rule it out completely.

If you mean reach (at least) the semis, then it's not unfeasable in the draw we're in.

But we will have to face one of the 'big nations' or favourite again at some point.

And on our day James we are capable of beating any of them

Things would have to continue to run our way but a lot of sides will see us as a danger

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Cunning? Really? Most of tonights team are playing in the hope that they might get picked as the tournament progresses, did you see any one of the 8 changes that you would pick?, I didn’t.

I was joking tongue in cheek

but I’m sure watching a number of things we didn’t mean to get 5 or 6 Against Panama So you never know

I guarantee a Mourinhio side would have suffered a narrow defeat tonight

10 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Young is a better defender than Rose, he gets the nod from me.

A good right sided player will have Young on toast, Young can’t pass with his left foot, let alone tackle with it.

Young and McGuire are both right footed playing on the left, you can get away with that as an attacking player, but as a defensive unit it’s fraught with danger.

Columbia have an attacking threat down their right, I’m sure they will be aware of the scenario!!

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wow. What a chance to get to a World Cup semi-final. 

Yep. One of Sweden, Switzerland, Columbia or England will be in the semi-final. Very interesting. 

Fancy the trip for the semi mate? 

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

A good right sided player will have Young on toast, Young can’t pass with his left foot, let alone tackle with it.

Young and McGuire are both right footed playing on the left, you can get away with that as an attacking player, but as a defensive unit it’s fraught with danger.

You mean like Salah? Or the other countless right wingers that Young has had in his pocket this season. 

Rose got mullered by a bang average player tonight and will be totally slaughtered by anyone approaching decent. 

Rose is nowhere near the level required currently, hopefully he will get back there but he would not be the first player ruined by an injury. 

15 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

You mean like Salah? Or the other countless right wingers that Young has had in his pocket this season. 

Rose got mullered by a bang average player tonight and will be totally slaughtered by anyone approaching decent. 

Rose is nowhere near the level required currently, hopefully he will get back there but he would not be the first player ruined by an injury. 

I’m not defending Rose, what I’m saying is that we are very susceptible down our left side. I don’t believe Young ( who has played nearly his whole career as a wide right player) is a very good left back.

Salah is a left footed right sided player, hence he cuts inside meaning Young was able to tackle with his right foot, A right footed wide right player is a completely different prospect.

15 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Going forward I thought he was good. Young has to check back every time, it was nice to see someone getting to the line to cross. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

i am not a happy Bunny tonight. I would have wanted to play Japan far more than Columbia.

It feels like we've run out of steam playing the squad players tonight. Having said that, Rashford should have scored.

Rashford should have passed to Loftus-Cheek who would have scored.

This rubbish will all be forgotten come Tuesday. Momentum can be gained just as quick as it is lost. A win and everyone will say we are going to win it again. The truth is in the middle.

Personally don't have any issue with tonight and byproduct is we are now the easier side of the draw.

Once we have the proper team back and Kane up top its a different ball game. Colombia will not be easy -  no one will. But the route to the final is much easier this way. Semi's would be incredible tbh.

Archived