IGNORED

Adam Webster - Now signed

BessexRED

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Friend of a a friend is an Ipswich ST holder and he said anything over £2.5m and they would be absolutely laughing.  Just one persons persepctive but at least it’s valid! 

A lot seem to rate him on the forum.

Just now, Super said:

A lot seem to rate him on the forum.

Indeed, like I say just one persons opinion but at least he watches him every week. I know very little to nothing apart from what people have posted here previously but positives have to be age and experience. Downfall seems to be injuries but here is hoping he can get over that. 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Indeed, like I say just one persons opinion but at least he watches him every week. I know very little to nothing apart from what people have posted here previously but positives have to be age and experience. Downfall seems to be injuries but here is hoping he can get over that. 

Can't say I know much about him either tbh. The Injury thing is a bit of a worry given that we already have Baker who is the same.

I think if this goes through it shows where we are and is a statement, yes we are probably still below Middlesbrough but to then nip in and take an asset from Ipswich who are an established Championship side means we are heading in the right direction.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Can't say I know much about him either tbh. The Injury thing is a bit of a worry given that we already have Baker who is the same.

Hopefully as he is still young the injuries can be attributed to ‘growing up’ especially given his CB position. 

Honestly didn't expect this to happen but pretty pleased with it I suppose.

However people claiming it's an upgrade on AF need to give their head a collective wobble. Flint is superb. He might one day be better than Flint, but right now, no.

9 minutes ago, hodge said:

So back to the real question, whose Lee dropping so Wright stays in the team as captain :fear:

The more time goes on the more stupid a decision that looks. Saying nothing about Wright's credentials to be captain, why give him that role if he's not even gonna play?????

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

However people claiming it's an upgrade on AF need to give their head a collective wobble. Flint is superb. He might one day be better than Flint, but right now, no.

The more time goes on the more stupid a decision that looks. Saying nothing about Wright's credentials to be captain, why give him that role if he's not even gonna play?????

Wilbraham wasn't a regular player but was club captain before, we had the likes of Smith and Pack to take the armband on the pitch so you don't need your official captain in the starting XI.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wilbraham wasn't a regular player but was club captain before, we had the likes of Smith and Pack to take the armband on the pitch so you don't need your official captain in the starting XI.

It just doesn't make sense when from the outside looking in, KS was captain material in the fullest sense of the word. 

Whatever, LJ knows his players.

34 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Wright play a lot at RB, unless Pisano gets back to the level he was pre-injury. 

I like Flint.

But.

He wasn't a ball playing CB.

His positioning sometimes was not the best (this did improve though)

He was part of a team that shipped many goals (was he an onfield leader)

Time will tell how much we miss his larger than life presence on the field, his never say die attitude and his goals.

People will go on about goals and aerial ability but Fulham went up and played their best football with both CBs being under 6 foot tall. Hopefully Webster can provide that level defending and ball playing added to his 6’3 height

webster and baker are still one of the biggest pairings in the league

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was chatting to an Ipswich fan at work about Webster  10 mins ago.

Bit of an all round defender apparently, not bad technically...but no Flint.

That may be the point, we want a different type of player, one who can play out from the back.

Mick McCarthy had a high opinion of him and Kevin Beattie called him a PL player in the making. Two men who know a bit about centre halves.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

That may be the point, we want a different type of player, one who can play out from the back.

Mick McCarthy had a high opinion of him and Kevin Beattie called him a PL player in the making. Two men who know a bit about centre halves.

No Flint in terms of quality was how I meant, presumably how he meant too- not yet anyway.

It may turn out to be a masterstroke but I have a bit of a sinking feeling about it- hope I'm wrong.

Doesn’t he have a pretty horrendous track record with injuries?

Sorry but the last few days have been awful for the club. Indeed a Horrendous 6 months. Showed no real ambition in January & now paying the price in the form of a fire sale of all our best players. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Sorry but the last few days have been awful for the club. Indeed a Horrendous 6 months. Showed no real ambition in January & now paying the price in the form of a fire sale of all our best players. 

Is it a fire sale if we are getting good fees for them? It has been a rough few months but it was pretty inevitable we would lose a few players. The injury thing is a concern for sure but selling a 29 year old for 7m and buying a 23 year old for half the fee with scope to be better than the man you sold is surely a positive?

Think we need to be creative to be succesful with our funds. Like having a really good CB pairing even if we have to rest them 10-12 games. Then having good enough back up to win you games against some of the lesser teams. A Webster Baker pairing could be a top pairing with Wright amd Hegeler or even another signing like Clarke could get the job done for a 46 game season

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Nah. Embrace the changes, enjoy the rollercoaster. In six months we may be raving about Webster, Adelakun and Marriott. Who knows?

Archived