IGNORED

PR Nightmare..?

PFree

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What - they were part of that side

Because I don’t know what games you watched because Reid and Flint were certainly consistently two of the least culpable IMHO and regularly two of our better performers

But we’ve sold them now so you won’t have to worry

:thumbsup:

Sorry Bob, that’s not what I meant.

I meant that the two players were also part of the team that had the horrendous run in the second half of the season, as much as they were at the beginning of the season ( except for Flint for the 1st month of the season)

Obviously it doesn’t look good on the outside when in the space of 2 days two high profile players leave, but we don’t know what has gone on behind the scenes!

I am just trying to look at it from a positive side, let’s see what the rest of the window brings us.

We as fans all want the same things in the end, but we all look at it a different way!!

But as we all know it wouldn’t be City without a rollercoaster ride!

1 hour ago, PFree said:

Terrible form towards the end of last season and we sell the only players who were really popular with the fans..

I can only assume we have a signing or two lined up that will bring fans back onside, not all, but if we'll get off to a poor start once the season starts, god help,us - don't doubt some fans will remain onside but I suspect not many..!

Just hope there is good news to come although I must admit to not having confidence that there is too much strategy involved sat behind the scenes..

PR What has that got to do with it? It's managing a football clubs assets. We have cashed in on Flint big time, and given his age and profit it goes down as good business. As far as Bobby is concerned he is all profit too, and he wanted out, and he has got his move, no point in keeping players who don't want to be here,  all in all I think we have come out of this in a very good light.

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

PR What has that got to do with it? It's managing a football clubs assets. We have cashed in on Flint big time, and given his age and profit it goes down as good business. As far as Bobby is concerned he is all profit too, and he wanted out, and he has got his move, no point in keeping players who don't want to be here,  all in all I think we have come out of this in a very good light.

maybe he wanted out because we were not really interested in the prem ...since the last rubbish transfer window...which was when our form dropped off; we could have should have gone for it then, if we did it could have been us not Cardiff in the prem.

So close yet so far, the club lost interest in pushing on and then so did the players who are now leaving us. It will be a while before we reach the dizzy heights again.

58 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What is this crap that Pack’s best mate has gone, so he will be like a lost puppy and won’t be able to cope without him. Even if he left he’s not likely to go i the same club. FFS he’s a grown man and best mates, even brothers and twin brothers in sport are split up all the time. In these days of social media they can be speaking 12 hours or more a day. 

Pack and flint are lovers I've seen pack hanging out of flint more than once

45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey is he coming here to replace Bobby ?

:thumbsup:

:laughcont:

Jesse Lingard must have told him how much he regrets not coming to Ashton Gate a couple of seasons ago, and how his career has stalled as a result. He's told MNarcus not to make the same mistake :)

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Exactly right. They are not a pair of benders and not joined at the hip. 

I reckon Packy (as the bloke behind me shouts out to our amusement) will be a big player next year for us

A pair of benders?

You ******* bellend. 

56 minutes ago, RumRed said:

‘Benders’?  Bloody hell, you do realise which century you live in?

I’m more concerned by the fact someone shouting ‘Packy’ (which is actually Pack’s nickname) is considered particularly amusing. If you find that funny you must be educationally subnormal.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I think if you think of our systems as buying players, improving them then selling at a profit - then he is definitely an improvement. He is definitely a better more established player than Flint was when we signed him. If we improve him as much as Flint improved (huge ask admittedly) then its a good move.

When we signed Flint we were freshly relegated to Div 1 - there was a gap then now it's a huge chasm.

It was 5 years ago and things have moved on significantly since then.

59 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A pair of benders?

You ******* bellend. 

Here we go . Getting offended on other people’s behalf . Yeah it’s a outdated statement of course but ffs no ones died. You’re old bill as well ain’t you ? Would of thought you’d have thicker skin. 

Oh god I’ve probably offended someone with dermatitis now. 

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Exactly right. They are not a pair of benders and not joined at the hip. 

I reckon Packy (as the bloke behind me shouts out to our amusement) will be a big player next year for us

That comment is bang out of order and you ought to be ashamed of yourself. If you can’t comment reasonably then leave it alone. 

28 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

When we signed Flint we were freshly relegated to Div 1 - there was a gap then now it's a huge chasm.

It was 5 years ago and things have moved on significantly since then.

I'm not sure what your point is? Of course, things have moved on that is basically what I'm saying. The point of what we are trying to do is all about moving on - buying improving selling and then repeating with better quality players each time.

26 minutes ago, Punkymatt said:

That comment is bang out of order and you ought to be ashamed of yourself. If you can’t comment reasonably then leave it alone. 

I don't think it is, if he spelt it correctly then possibly but as it is just an abbreviation (the original meaning of your outrage) not sure either  sorry.

Archived