IGNORED

Ashamed to be a Bristol City fan

Superjack

So Bobby Reid is a 'snake'. 

After spending his whole career with us. Putting in the effort to try and make something of himself. And then he gets his season in the sun and his big break. And we get £10m for a one season wonder. What a snake. 

Meanwhile, the best centre back in the country outside the prem goes for half the price. He is not a snake though. Nor is an Icelandic bit part player because he is great at engaging with fans on social media.

Flint should have gone for £15m minimum. But hey, let's ignore that like the suits want us to and call Bobby Reid a snake. 

Ffs. Wake up people. 

(Waiting for the abuse from those that only read the title...) 

7 minutes ago, Superjack said:

After spending his whole career with us. Putting in the effort to try and make something of himself. And then he gets his season in the sun and his big break. And we get £10m for a one season wonder. What a snake. 

Meanwhile, the best centre back in the country outside the prem goes for half the price. He is not a snake though. Nor is an Icelandic bit part player because he is great at engaging with fans on social media.

Flint should have gone for £15m minimum. But hey, let's ignore that like the suits want us to and call Bobby Reid a snake. 

Ffs. Wake up people. 

This part is laughable, Flint is no where near the best CB outside the prem, arguably he wasn't the best CB at the club comparing to Baker. Secondly £15m, really? The record purchase for a CB in the championship is £8m in Chester who dropped down to the championship for Villa, you really think Flint was worth almost doubling that? 

6 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Ffs. Wake up people. 

Perhaps the title is not appropriate for the comments in your post

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Flint should have gone for £15m minimum. 

Whilst I agree on the Reid part of this, Flint wasn't even the best centre half at City yet alone the league. 

I would imagine he only signed a new contract if there was a agreement, either formal or informal, to accept any offers of a certain amount. His agent would have, probably accidently, ensured any interested clubs were aware of said amount. 

Again tho, totally agree on the Reid sentiment 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

This part is laughable, Flint is no where near the best CB outside the prem, arguably he wasn't the best CB at the club comparing to Baker. Secondly £15m, really? The record purchase for a CB in the championship is £8m in Chester who dropped down to the championship for Villa, you really think Flint was worth almost doubling that? 

Your first point is a matter of opinion, to which you are of course entitled. 

Secondly, £8m for someone on the way down. Flint is on the way up. 

Regardless... my main point was about the abuse of Bobby Reid. I am assuming that you don't condone that. 

12 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Ffs. Wake up people. 

You seriously think Flint was worth 15 million plus. Absolutely deluded 

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Regardless... my main point was about the abuse of Bobby Reid. I am assuming that you don't condone that. 

I totally agree with the stuff about Reid, some players only get 1 shot at premier league football, it just happened it was Cardiff who offered the most to us, people would have complained we were selling to a rival if he went to West Brom/Derby. However the highlighted part, Chester was younger than Flint is now when he moved to Villa, moving to a recently relegated club didn't mean he was on the way down though, he just wanted first team football. 

13 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Flint should have gone for £15m minimum. 

I could name five centre backs definitely better and another five arguably better

Regarding the fee, look at recent Championship defender transfer fees:

Maguire £13m
Robertson £7m
Jansson £4m
Hanley £3.5m
Baker £3m
Shotton £3m

All transfers involving Championship defenders that suggest we have done well to get £7m for Flint, who is nearly 30.

Flint may well be better than a couple of those but not twice the price better

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

He and his partner have had worse on Instagram I see

Sad

Not delighted he’s gone to Cardiff and less impressed he sold his soul a bit with the Ayatollah but the level and nature abuse is nonsense

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I could name five centre backs definitely better and another five arguably better

Maguire £13m
Robertson £7m
Jansson £4m
Hanley £3.5m
Baker £3m
Shotton £3m

All transfers involving Championship defenders that suggest we have done well to get £7m for Flint, who is nearly 30.

No you couldn't, it would just be your opinion.

II'm outrageously drunk but I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say you're a miserable COONT with no idea how to be happy. Lighten up for ***** sake. This is the reason we love football. It's so unexpected. We might die on our arse next year, we might not. All part of the charm. I love this club, i love this city, i love all of my fellow fans. we are one. we are united as one. up the ******* city mates. i cant wait for next season

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

II'm outrageously drunk but I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say you're a miserable COONT with no idea how to be happy. Lighten up for ***** sake. This is the reason we love football. It's so unexpected. We might die on our arse next year, we might not. All part of the charm. I love this club, i love this city, i love all of my fellow fans. we are one. we are united as one. up the ******* city mates. i cant wait for next season

No shit . ;)

I agree with the original post about Reid. 

Any abuse is a disgrace. I’ve read some and am embarrassed.

He’s just a man doing the best he can with his career. 

The only shame here is that Bristol City can’t match the ambition of our better players and went out of their way to prove it in January.  

Reid, Flint, Bryan, Pack, Cardiff City = ambitious and willing to back themselves  

SL, MA, LJ, BS/BCFC = cautiously balancing the books ahead of striving for success - even when opportunity knocks

There are positives about the club’s approach, which I understand..... they just don’t match my own mentality.  That’s probably the crux of differences in opinion on this website.  No rights or wrongs just different views on success/failure means.  It should never get personal and certainly not abusive towards current or former players.  

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Maguire £13m
Robertson £7m
Jansson £4m
Hanley £3.5m
Baker £3m
Shotton £3m

knock off the top couple for being purchased by premier league clubs as well, a purchase by a championship club for a CB only Chester is higher who was younger at the time, we've done very well. 

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

I agree with the original post about Reid. 

Any abuse is a disgrace. I’ve read some and am embarrassed.

He’s just a man doing the best he can with his career. 

The only shame here is that Bristol City can’t match the ambition of our better players and went out of their way to prove it in January.  

Reid, Flint, Bryan, Pack, Cardiff City = ambitious and willing to back themselves  

SL, MA, LJ, BS/BCFC = cautiously balancing the books ahead of striving for success - even when opportunity knocks

There are positives about the club’s approach, which I understand..... they just don’t match my own mentality.  That’s probably the crux of differences in opinion on this website.  No rights or wrongs just different views on success/failure means.  It should never get personal and certainly not abusive towards current or former players.  

Bobby is a superb footballer and has earnt his shot. Any bits of banter or people who hate him are misplaced and clearly disillusioned with their lot in life. Let him do what he wants for ***** sake.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Bobby is a superb footballer and has earnt his shot. Any bits of banter or people who hate him are misplaced and clearly disillusioned with their lot in life. Let him do what he wants for ***** sake.

Completely agree.... 

i wonder whether Bryan will get the same abuse when he goes for the exact same reasons  - there’s one obvious, very obvious difference between the two men.... feel free to join the dots. 

Anyone flinging abuse at those two are out-of-order.

The real villains in this saga are those who faked up the January transfer window. The words and actions from the Club showed we had little ambition and I’m not surprised that our few leaders, that our winners and self-improvers have moved on with more to follow.

Players have a short career and can’t wait for a Club prevaricating over whether/when they want to mount a serious promotion challenge.

I’ve had enough of our CEO but the one thing I want to hear from him in the next couple of weeks is whether this season he is going to commit to a serious promotion attempt - just a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ will suffice.

9 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Anyone flinging abuse at those two are out-of-order.

The real villains in this saga are those who faked up the January transfer window. The words and actions from the Club showed we had little ambition and I’m not surprised that our few leaders, that our winners and self-improvers have moved on with more to follow.

Players have a short career and can’t wait for a Club prevaricating over whether/when they want to mount a serious promotion challenge.

I’ve had enough of our CEO but the one thing I want to hear from him in the next couple of weeks is whether this season he is going to commit to a serious promotion attempt - just a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ will suffice.

I have been going down the gate for over 50 years and every season I think next year it will all be better, I'm still waiting as are all of you, don't know whether I will live long enough for all the promises to be fulfilled and it is frustrating seeing our best players go to other clubs,  don't know the answer but I will say one thing even my patience is running out.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

I have been going down the gate for over 50 years and every season I think next year it will all be better, I'm still waiting as are all of you, don't know whether I will live long enough for all the promises to be fulfilled and it is frustrating seeing our best players go to other clubs,  don't know the answer but I will say one thing even my patience is running out.

But each of the last four seasons have been better than the previous one

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

Completely agree.... 

i wonder whether Bryan will get the same abuse when he goes for the exact same reasons  - there’s one obvious, very obvious difference between the two men.... feel free to join the dots. 

They're just people. Whats the point in hatred?

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

I'd love to see AF get a proper S82 display. LEGENDE.

40 minutes ago, Big C said:

cant argue with that, but we get so far and just when you think at last finally just a couple of players and that promotion to the top division is ours we fail lose our best players and almost have to start again, It's happened before in 2008 and the following season we regressed, last season we did the same thing didn't strengthen in Jan  missed out and now our better players are like rats deserting a sinking ship and I cant blame them, maybe next season it will improve again and finally we all get what we have all waited for, some longer than others.

Archived