IGNORED

Ashamed to be a Bristol City fan

Superjack

14 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Completely agree.... 

i wonder whether Bryan will get the same abuse when he goes for the exact same reasons  - there’s one obvious, very obvious difference between the two men.... feel free to join the dots. 

Others have quoted this, but I've yet to see your reply and I'm intrigued

It's not about the 'very' obvious difference, is it? 

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Others have quoted this, but I've yet to see your reply and I'm intrigued

It's not about the 'very' obvious difference, is it? 

Well this man will move to a Welsh club to further himself. 

Bryan will move (maybe) to a Lancastrian club). 

Immediately this man is in the bin to some people along with Maynard because they bettered themselves at the “wrong”club in the “wrong” country. It’s sad jingoistic anti-Welsh nonsense and some of the stuff said about Reid online is vile, disgusting and at best childish. 

Beyond that I've no idea why it’s been so angry toward Reid compared with Flint. They’ve done exactly the same thing. Left to better themselves and their families..... got any ideas? 

6 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Well this man will move to a Welsh club to further himself. 

Bryan will move (maybe) to a Lancastrian club). 

Immediately this man is in the bin to some people along with Maynard because they bettered themselves at the “wrong”club in the “wrong” country. It’s sad jingoistic anti-Welsh nonsense and some of the stuff said about Reid online is vile, disgusting and at best childish. 

Beyond that I've no idea why it’s been so angry toward Reid compared with Flint. They’ve done exactly the same thing. Left to better themselves and their families..... got any ideas? 

You honestly can’t see the difference between signing for an arch rival and a club to whom we have zero connection? Come on mate. 

You cant see why the reaction to Taylor joining us was considerably worse than if he’d joined for example, Peterborough?

If you’ve ever been to a Cardiff v Bristol City game you’ll know exactly why there’s been something of a backlash about the move. 

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You honestly can’t see the difference between signing for an arch rival and a club to whom we have zero connection? Come on mate. 

You cant see why the reaction to Taylor joining us was considerably worse than if he’d joined for example, Peterborough?

If you’ve ever been to a Cardiff v Bristol City game you’ll know exactly why there’s been something of a backlash about the move. 

No I just don’t see it the same way. 

I’m absolutely fine and quite like it on a match day but beyond that maybe I’m not so tribal. 

For me it’s just a bloke in his 20’s getting a life changing opportunity without even having to move (though I guess he might have to).  

Maybe we’ve all got different levels of tribalism I honestly don’t hate Rovers, I don’t hate Cardiff... I do love it when we beat them though!

If I’ve any anger it’s at the fact our club, in my opinion, passed up the chance to compete on level terms with or above Cardiff..... just think we could’ve been nicking their best players.  I blame the powers that be more than Bobby.

anyway, just different views and different ways of supporting our club I reckon.  No rights or wrongs but I do stand by the fact some of the stuff written (Twitter etc mainly) is over the top, personal towards Reid and and not very funny.  

I can’t share the optimism about Reid and flints fee’s we have sold them so early that we never gave it a chance for others to push the price up towards the end of the transfer window !! 

So anyone saying bobby had no other offers behave , he done the classic player power and refused to sign a new contract and therefor pay back the faith shown in him for 18 years!!! Other offers would of came in and I believe a prem side would of bought flint too instead as always we saw the money and took it , flint to any club in our division is ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

No I just don’t see it the same way. 

I’m absolutely fine and quite like it on a match day but beyond that maybe I’m not so tribal. 

For me it’s just a bloke in his 20’s getting a life changing opportunity without even having to move (though I guess he might have to).  

Maybe we’ve all got different levels of tribalism I honestly don’t hate Rovers, I don’t hate Cardiff... I do love it when we beat them though!

If I’ve any anger it’s at the fact our club, in my opinion, passed up the chance to compete on level terms with or above Cardiff..... just think we could’ve been nicking their best players.  I blame the powers that be more than Bobby.

anyway, just different views and different ways of supporting our club I reckon.  No rights or wrongs but I do stand by the fact some of the stuff written (Twitter etc mainly) is over the top, personal towards Reid and and not very funny.  

Can’t disagree at all about the twitter thing, some of the things people write on there are beyond cringeworthy. But twitter is largely just a breeding ground for cretins, this is nothing new. 

I’d never give personal abuse towards Bob for making the move he did, I completely understand his reasonings for it. But the backlash - rightly or wrongly - comes with the territory. It’s a part of the move he’d have weighed up and decided it was still the right thing in spite of it, like Taylor to us. 

The moment you take that fierce passion out of the game, football has died a death. I don’t condone threats or personal abuse, that’s beyond it, but I can certainly understand the anger at the fact that he’s chosen to go there. 

15 hours ago, pillred said:

I have been going down the gate for over 50 years and every season I think next year it will all be better, I'm still waiting as are all of you, don't know whether I will live long enough for all the promises to be fulfilled and it is frustrating seeing our best players go to other clubs,  don't know the answer but I will say one thing even my patience is running out.

Exactly is that you paul lofty

7 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

On the nail. Another 50 year ‘lifer’ here, who has seen it all before.

It wasn’t about spending loads of money in January, it was about being smart. We weren’t, far from it. We took massive gambles on two high risk out-of-form, few games played in the season imports plus yet another ‘one for the future’ to add to the dozens we have already. At least spread your risk!

We should now spend a significant amount of our profits on a scouting network and a knowledgable and experienced head of scouting. We then should be able to at least match the scouting ability of the mighty Brentford, preventing the likes of Ollie Watkins going to them rather than us. A decent, experienced director of football wouldn’t go amiss either.

Lets start again but this time be a bit more professional about it and when the odds are significantly in our favour press the right buttons.

Players including Watkins have been scouted/identified-the report/s were placed with Ashton & Johnson with many if not all boxes ticked- but the information supplied was not dealt with in the expediant fashion with which it was delivered..

'Twiddleing of thumbs comes to mind....

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I wouldn't say I'm ashamed to be a City fan - I never am - but the Reid transfer certainly brought out the wally tendency - especially on Facebook. :facepalm:

I dont understand facebook, twitter and such alike at the best of times but i cant for the life of me understand why pro-footballers go on there as it only causes hassle. It can only be their egos that make them go on social media.

He's just signed for a main rival, is it really a surprise that a minority of fans will react badly? The same would happen with every other club in the world. 

Certainly nothing to make anyone feel ashamed. 

If Bryan signs for Rovers I reserve the right to change my mind, mind. 

19 hours ago, Superjack said:

So Bobby Reid is a 'snake'. 

After spending his whole career with us. Putting in the effort to try and make something of himself. And then he gets his season in the sun and his big break. And we get £10m for a one season wonder. What a snake. 

Meanwhile, the best centre back in the country outside the prem goes for half the price. He is not a snake though. Nor is an Icelandic bit part player because he is great at engaging with fans on social media.

Flint should have gone for £15m minimum. But hey, let's ignore that like the suits want us to and call Bobby Reid a snake. 

Ffs. Wake up people. 

(Waiting for the abuse from those that only read the title...) 

some fans are too thick to understand that football is a job for these people the last loyal player was ryan giggs, 

Serious question, I haven’t seen it.

Where was he referred to as ‘a snake’.

—————————————-

Okay, found it.

Idiotic. The same as Matty Taylor, who wouldn’t want to improve themselves, and their bank account? It’s more important to most people, whatever their job, than employer loyalty. 

Why wouldn’t you move to a more prestigious job where you were going to be paid £1000s more for doing the same thing?

Former City players Cole Skuse, Dean Gerken and Jordan Spence are all playing their football at Ipswich Town and City’s latest recruit said he spoke to the trio when he heard of the club’s interest.

“I spoke to all three of them but they had nothing but positive things to say about the club and the city so it was a no-brainer,” Webster continued.

Something incongruous here ... if Bristol offers so much why did the three of them disembark to a small town in East Anglia ... ??

1 hour ago, Jarman said:

Former City players Cole Skuse, Dean Gerken and Jordan Spence are all playing their football at Ipswich Town and City’s latest recruit said he spoke to the trio when he heard of the club’s interest.

“I spoke to all three of them but they had nothing but positive things to say about the club and the city so it was a no-brainer,” Webster continued.

Something incongruous here ... if Bristol offers so much why did the three of them disembark to a small town in East Anglia ... ??

Because we were relegated, had no money, and they were all better than League 1 football.

1 hour ago, Jarman said:

When you first started posting on here, I thought nothing of it - an older generation Rovers fan (Jarman sort of gives it away) happy to share in City's relative success, much like back in the day when people would alternate between Ashton Gate and Eastville, supporting one team, but happy to watch the other.

More recently, however, I get the impression that your posts have become disingenous, insidious even; a sort of negative version of the witty and entertaining @bert tann.

Such a shame, as OTIB welcomes fans from all clubs, including Rovers, and I really think you should refrain from abusing OTIB's generosity.

On 29/06/2018 at 12:55, Moor2Sea said:

Absolutely correct.

If you truly believe in something, often you exceed others expectations and achieve it.

Huddersfield, the umpteenth ‘small’ club to overtake us, come to mind. 

City, on the other hand, constantly think and say they are a small fish in a big pond. Consequently, we remain skulking under the lily pads, afraid to venture out apart from an occasional sorte to a puddle where we become a big fish in a small puddle.

The biggest Club never to have played in the Premier League tells us all we want to know. 

As a 60 year lifer, my old mans words still come back to haunt me. He was a shareholder ( albeit not a lot of shares) but in his late 60's he used to say, small minded people running a small minded team and look at me now, in my late 60's, saying the same. Yes we may have the Theatre of Dreams ( run-in last season was more apt as Theatre of Nightmares) but I want a WINNING FOOTBALL CLUB, couldn,t give a toss about large hot dogs, etc but a lot of us now are realising our forefathers words with heavy hearts as we really cant see anything happening. January was the time our stock was at the highest and we should have capitalised on it, but like the Bristol Arena, we let it slip away. Lets hope this season a little miracle happens and our owners foresight comes true, sadly, I've heard it far too often :ill:

As usual, fans are missing the point. The club was prepared to let these players go. Experience suggests than they didn't go for their full value. Experience also suggests that the replacements, neither of whom are household names, will be inadequate.

Now prove me wrong.

On 28/06/2018 at 22:55, Superjack said:

So Bobby Reid is a 'snake'. 

After spending his whole career with us. Putting in the effort to try and make something of himself. And then he gets his season in the sun and his big break. And we get £10m for a one season wonder. What a snake. 

Meanwhile, the best centre back in the country outside the prem goes for half the price. He is not a snake though. Nor is an Icelandic bit part player because he is great at engaging with fans on social media.

Flint should have gone for £15m minimum. But hey, let's ignore that like the suits want us to and call Bobby Reid a snake. 

Ffs. Wake up people. 

(Waiting for the abuse from those that only read the title...) 

I didn't realise Flint or Magnússon went to one of our biggest rivals.

On 29/06/2018 at 15:18, bengalcub said:

I can’t share the optimism about Reid and flints fee’s we have sold them so early that we never gave it a chance for others to push the price up towards the end of the transfer window !! 

So anyone saying bobby had no other offers behave , he done the classic player power and refused to sign a new contract and therefor pay back the faith shown in him for 18 years!!! Other offers would of came in and I believe a prem side would of bought flint too instead as always we saw the money and took it , flint to any club in our division is ridiculous. 

To be fair to the club, they were in a no win situation.

Had we held out and ended up selling at the arse end of the window, even if it were for better money or a prem club ( in Flint's case)  then fans would have been up in arms that we had given ourselves no time to bring in replacements and should have done our business early in the window.

If players make it clear they want to go then the club has done the right thing in getting a sale for the best fee .

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

As a 60 year lifer, my old mans words still come back to haunt me. He was a shareholder ( albeit not a lot of shares) but in his late 60's he used to say, small minded people running a small minded team and look at me now, in my late 60's, saying the same. Yes we may have the Theatre of Dreams ( run-in last season was more apt as Theatre of Nightmares) but I want a WINNING FOOTBALL CLUB, couldn,t give a toss about large hot dogs, etc but a lot of us now are realising our forefathers words with heavy hearts as we really cant see anything happening. January was the time our stock was at the highest and we should have capitalised on it, but like the Bristol Arena, we let it slip away. Lets hope this season a little miracle happens and our owners foresight comes true, sadly, I've heard it far too often :ill:

Agree with every word....the self inflicted drop away was almost as bad as the prev seasons, the last window was almost criminal and now..... lets be fair many city fans wont even of heard of our latest recruits and we all know whats really coming don't we......same old same old but probably a bit worse; yet many still hope for much more

On 28/06/2018 at 23:20, ZiderEyed said:

II'm outrageously drunk but I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say you're a miserable COONT with no idea how to be happy. Lighten up for ***** sake. This is the reason we love football. It's so unexpected. We might die on our arse next year, we might not. All part of the charm. I love this club, i love this city, i love all of my fellow fans. we are one. we are united as one. up the ******* city mates. i cant wait for next season

You are my ******* hero!

Archived