IGNORED

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE - Fixture Changes

RedM

Why kick off at 1:30, I work til 2 on weekends so this will mean taking annual leave just to get to AG on time, seriously thinking of trying to get a refund on my season ticket, the same for the good Friday game being brought to midday, what’s that about?

• Admin
23 minutes ago, hodge said:

From the Rugby Premiership website

The process for selecting this first group of fixtures takes up to six months. The process actually begins in January, when the season structure for the coming season is agreed by the Professional Game Board. Premiership Rugby then works with ATOS, an IT company that also work with the Premier League and EFL on their fixtures, to develop Premiership Rugby’s fixture list. From January we look at all possible options for fixtures, and then in March we consult with the clubs on a number of variables that will impact the fixtures list.

So can't understand why the EFL/Rugby wouldn't know we were organised to be home that day as the same company organises both sets of fixtures. 

Same company "name" but different departments, from working for them a few years back, communication between different companies was not a highlight

The odd thing with rugby fixtures is the lower leagues are done first (for example Hornets in Weston have had their fixtures for a few weeks) then move upwards and the last to be released is the top division.

Where as we all know with football it is the other way around that non league complete theirs after the leagues release their fixtures

• Admin
2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Why kick off at 1:30, I work til 2 on weekends so this will mean taking annual leave just to get to AG on time, seriously thinking of trying to get a refund on my season ticket, the same for the good Friday game being brought to midday, what’s that about?

I don't expect Blackburn or Wednesday supporters will be too chuffed about getting to Bristol on a Sunday morning for a 1:30 kick off

Would imagine it may put off some of those supporters that would have come had it been 3pm on a Saturday

56 minutes ago, RedM said:

Blackburn now Sunday 2nd Sept 1.30pm (was Sat 1st)

Sheffield Weds Sunday 7th Oct 1.30pm ( was Sat 6th)

Reading On Good Friday (April 19th) now 12 noon, was 3pm

All these are HOME fuxtures

Dont forget to add our play off fixtures in May ! 

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why is our club never honest?

id prefer a Friday night rather than a Sunday tbh.

Maybe the Cup game is a consideration for moving Blackburn game just in case.

However we are playing Rotherham away on the Wednesday before Sheff Wed, makes perfect sense to move it to the Sunday to 'aid recovery' particularly as the Brentford game is not until the following Saturday.

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't expect Blackburn or Wednesday supporters will be too chuffed about getting to Bristol on a Sunday morning for a 1:30 kick off

Would imagine it may put off some of those supporters that would have come had it been 3pm on a Saturday

Bound to be less away support on a Sunday so we’ll take a financial hit

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I know I wanted football on my birthday, but there is no way on a God’s earth I’m going THERE! :o

RedM you have been given an early birthday present City won't lose on your Birthday putting you on a downer for the rest of the day.

ps If you went THERE you definitely wouldn't see football but you could pretend you were camping out.

pps Have a great day  when it finally comes round. :) 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I can cope with a move to Sundays, but why a 1.30 KO? That’s just the wrong time to play a football match 

Agree. I don’t get the 1.30pm. Why not 3pm? Trains aren’t the best on Sunday mornings either. 

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The Wednesday game is now on the  Sunday at 1.30 p.m. and our flight is 5.10 p.m. from Bristol Airport. is it reasonable to think we can make it?

Yeah you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Not saying we're not, but just seems like a massive oversight if we're only finding out recently we have to move our game after our fixtures are announced. 

It’s ok, I understand you weren’t. Just wanted to be clear that aren’t definitely moving for the rugby, it’s just my initial reaction, a guess. 

And yes, I totally agree with you.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Blackburn now Sunday 2nd Sept 1.30pm (was Sat 1st)

Sheffield Weds Sunday 7th Oct 1.30pm ( was Sat 6th)

Reading On Good Friday (April 19th) now 12 noon, was 3pm

All these are HOME fuxtures

Brilliant you wait for the fixtures to come out to book your holiday then they change the sheff weds game to the day I'm off to Benidorm is this for sky reasons?

2 hours ago, Super said:

Hopefully you can still do the sunday and haven't already booked flights!

It will be alright. We go by Easy Jet Stockholm-Bristol. Very good price, the flyticket is cheaper than my trainticket from my town to Stockholm AirPort, Arlanda. Its perfect, dont need to take train or bus from London. Arlanda-Bristol is very good.

As soon as the EFL  fixtures came out it was highlighted that us & the gas were both at home on 6th October., and that discussions were underway with the Clubs & Avon & Somerset. 

Glad it got sorted now, and not when the season had started

8 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

How long time you think it takes from the gate to AirPort  with taxi?

If you leave 5 to 10 minutes early and you're straight in to the taxi, then on a Sunday afternoon, 20 minutes should be about the time it takes. Long Ashton, link road and A38.

24 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

If you leave 5 to 10 minutes early and you're straight in to the taxi, then on a Sunday afternoon, 20 minutes should be about the time it takes. Long Ashton, link road and A38.

Will go for the Norwegian flight 5 p.m. on the Monday from Gatwick. Don't fancy rushing away from Bristol.

Archived