IGNORED

Goodbye Gustav Engvall (Merged)

bristolcitysweden

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Gustav is far from a poor player but he was never given a fair chance. I'll stop there. 

the few chances he got he proved he wasn't up to the championship and the fact he outright refused to move on loan to league one to get use to the english game says to me that he didn't want to be in england and only came for the money, if he was so good tommy he would be at a better club by now

12 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Someone in England gained the lion part of £600,000 when Engvall was signed. You tell me why.

gifted footballers who don't work hard deserve to rot in non league where they belong

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

'Engvall For Mechelen'.

Sounds as if it should be sung by Viv Stanshall in the style of 'Death Cab For Cutie'. 

"Someone's gonna make you pay your fare...."

Don’t get all emo on here mate, they won’t understand 

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

And so was Lee Trundle. If ten working horses can not accommodate a cirkus pony the should go to slaughter.  

Ten working horses can't accomodate a circus pony when the lead horse instructs them to play a high press.

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the few chances he got he proved he wasn't up to the championship and the fact he outright refused to move on loan to league one to get use to the english game says to me that he didn't want to be in england and only came for the money, if he was so good tommy he would be at a better club by now

LJ said in an interview; "To be fair the deal came around very late". "Hey Monkeh, what's about working in Luleå til christmas? Gustav probably understood as much on a short term notice and he was eying the U21 European Championships   

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Of course he was given a huge amount of opportunity to actually 'play', to be fair and balanced we actually have no idea how good or bad he actually is or not, we were never given the opportunity to form a view.

I'm not doubting that but it's still a fact that he did nothing for us and his leaving will free up wages. I'd love to have seen him come good but I think after all the time he's been our player he's spent most of his time elsewhere, he's obviously just not getting to the level we require.

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Panic signing after Kodjia leaving as it was the last few days of the window, was on a list but I expect we wouldn't have paid so much for him if it wasn't so close to the window closing.

I suspect this is fairly close to the truth. It will have then quickly emerged that he wasn't up to it and they've been working out what on earth they can do with him ever since.

I actually feel really sad about this. I remember him coming in as a sub in the Barnsley game and everyone just clearly wanting him to do well.

I do hope the club are not just looking at lessons learnt not just in recruitment, but also the best ways to acclimatise players and optimise their development. It does feel like we played a part in breaking him. 

It's my feeling that  :- in Marketing, Sales and Football wheeling and dealing reminds me of the old addage..........

SWSWSW......... NEXT   

Some WILL, Some WON'T, So WHAT, NEXT ... 

As long as you buy and Sell and make a profit if they don't fit in then Selling is the best policy.

Let's be honest, he was never good enough. I watched the bloke play for Sweden U21s vs England full of misguided hope as he was 'our' player and he was then worst player on the pitch by some margin. Well shot of him. No disrespect to him as a person but if he was good enough he would have made it. 

4 hours ago, pillred said:

Or never really given a chance folder.

Or the 'precious little darling didn't put enough effort or commitment to make it in English football/questionable attitude folder..

I have no positive feeling towards Gustav at all-he has let himself down and messed up a great opportunity.

Archived