IGNORED

Goodbye Gustav Engvall (Merged)

bristolcitysweden

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I remember the post in question as it mentioned a few different things but only vaguely recall the bit about Engvall. Was it that the other players quickly twigged that he was hopeless?

Allegedly they joked that he’d won a competition 

Righto - easy question

There are at least 3 posters saying he was an absolute bell-end in the dressing room, and snaking/rubbishing other posts who suggest differently.

So - he has gone - now could one of you AgardsDaysNight, SirCiderdavros,Robert the Bruce etc actually tell us what Engvall did that warranted total exclusion from the 1st team, and a complete media black-out on his transfer out?

Simply question - either you know what he did or you are stirring up shit. 

So - what did Engvall do?

On 01/07/2018 at 12:14, SX227 said:

Righto - easy question

There are at least 3 posters saying he was an absolute bell-end in the dressing room, and snaking/rubbishing other posts who suggest differently.

So - he has gone - now could one of you AgardsDaysNight, SirCiderdavros,Robert the Bruce etc actually tell us what Engvall did that warranted total exclusion from the 1st team, and a complete media black-out on his transfer out?

Simply question - either you know what he did or you are stirring up shit. 

So - what did Engvall do?

It's nonsense. Unfortunately it's the type of mud that sticks so it's quite a childish thing to go around stirring stuff up about a young player who clearly hadn't settled well. The transfer didn't work out but that doesn't mean it's ok to go around making allegations about his character which some will believe without questioning it.

6 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Me too. Which reflects more on my opinion of Tomlin than of Gustav. 

Watching that video, even though it's just a few minutes, shows you the sort of guy that Tomlin is. Must've been awful to have around in the dressing room when things went bad. I've met the type so many times, personal comments disguised as 'banter' which are really intended to be quite nasty.

It's probably made even worse by the fact that our players generally seem to be good sorts. At the time the likes of Fielding, Pack, Smith, Wilbraham, Bryan etc in particular seemed like good characters to have around and not the type to needlessly criticise or degrade the other players.

I love the “sold him too cheap” bit, that implies there was a fee in the first place.

Everything coming out of Belgium on this suggests it was a free transfer and we were desperate to get shot of him.

So is Engvall leaving official or not? Taking a Robbered's stance on the matter, I have not seen anything official posted on the web site. Since this notice, we have posted about Weimann, Vyner and Adelakun but nothing about Engvall.

Do they want the whole sorry matter to just fade away in our memories or do they feel that Engvall is not worth the page space and publicity?

5 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

So is Engvall leaving official or not? Taking a Robbered's stance on the matter, I have not seen anything official posted on the web site. Since this notice, we have posted about Weimann, Vyner and Adelakun but nothing about Engvall.

Do they want the whole sorry matter to just fade away in our memories or do they feel that Engvall is not worth the page space and publicity?

Usual International Transfer bureaucratic hold-up i’m Led to believe.  Otherwise known as the fax machine isn’t working!

Archived