IGNORED

Joe Morrell

Edge1981

Is this make or break season for Joe? 

He’s had a full season at Cheltenham, earning rave reviews and seems that the experience has done him the world of good. Question is, do we throw him into the first team or do we try to find him a loan in league one until January and consider first team then?

What has to be remembered is that nobody wanted Joe, even on loan, last year - if I recall correctly, GJ almost said that LJ pushed him on Cheltenham as part of the other deals.

To go from that to make or break in the championship is a big step. Give him a loan in league 1, let him develop. If Bobby Reid has taught the club anything it’s that players develop at different paces, and Joe not being ready to challenge properly for another couple of years is absolutely fine when you consider where he probably sits in the wage structure 

If he doesn't do enough to impress LJ pre season then see if Plymouth will take him otherwise another league 1 loan.

but can we stop saying players of 21/22 being make or break seasons, neither Joe or Bobby were regulars at 21.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep it’s so dated. Reid and even Jesse Lingard should be enough evidence for our fans to stop.

I think it’s the physical demands of the modern game.  Unless they are exceptional (and mature physically too), then their body needs to catch up.

It is a shame that u23 football is not competitive, if all our u23s weren’t on loan, ditto for opponents, we’d see competitive games, where players would learn lots.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

About then but in his home town which is at least 35 mins from the training ground...maybe nothing then

where does he live?

maybe he's training with the under 23's not the first team, I'd of thought they have different training time to the first team until the new training ground is up together 

Archived