IGNORED

Andreas Weimann - Now Confirmed - 3 Year Deal

Red Army 75

At £2m fee wise it seems a no brainer if his wages are not too bad (presumably could offer him larger signing fee to counter the salary). 25 with a couple of seasons in the prem behind him. 

I don’t think he is a replacement for Bobby though as the post suggest. We would still need a goal scorer but hopefully that’s Marriott coming too! 

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Weird one. Works his socks off, but don't think he is that good. 

You beat me to it

35 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Be happy with this; good player can play anywhere across the frontline; would suit us well. 

So did you

10 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

For £2m it would be an excellent signing, especially playing wide if we do go 4-3-3.

And you did also.

Very quick.  Probably had his best spell at Villa when Benteke was up top.  

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He is 6 foot. He's more a winger than he is a central striker. I suppose for a winger his goal scoring record is not too bad. 459 minutes per goal for Derby, and 425 minutes per goal for Villa in the prem. He fits more into a 433 imo. Good counter attacking player who will make runs all day and work back to defend. Seems similar player to Watkins to me, quick, powerful, works his socks off. But not exactly great technically like a Pato or Bobby. It would suggest a change of system and tactics with Watkins as well. 

I don't see him as a winger in the old fashioned, orthodox sense. More all purpose, like Watkins as you imply, though with more pace.

We seem to be gathering players of that sort, if you take Paterson, O'Dowda and presumably Adelakun into account.

Not a direct replacement for Bobby I think, though he does have the work rate.

Some version of 4-3-3 does seem likely as you say.

My mate reckons he is a workhorse who will run all day. Not much end product but you can't help but like the guy..

Says he could easily play as an attacking wing back, this is where he thinks he may end up eventually.

Could be a Joe Bryan replacement rather than a Bobby Reid!

Looks like another club in the bag type signing to me

Reading the Derby forum.

If we do sign him, and Watkins is a 'utility player' as well, do we really need both of them?

Then again, with his Athleticism and work rate, he could do well IN Bobby's old role.

If he's not a first team signing though, sure thats a waste of wages? Must be on similar to Gary O'Neil at the Rams.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Good player.

Genuinely don’t think we have a prayer with Marriott, wants to live in Nottingham & interesting Derby.

Ironically this could help fund it.

I think if a sensible fee could have been agreed with Peterboro, it might’ve been a goer.  Happy that we pass at the fee being mentioned.

7 minutes ago, 95red said:

Prem experience championship experience 26 years old its a yes from me

Likewise. Never thought he suited Derby, they don't play with energy and a high tempo. Inevitable with Huddlestone as the hub of the team.

Always quite liked Weimann. Surprised to see he’s only 26.

We seem to be gathering more players with English experience, and nabbing them from other clubs in our league. Change of transfer strategy for sure, wonder what’s influenced it? Is LJ having more influence? Has the current setup been told it has to focus more on short term outcomes? Interesting season to come, that’s for sure.

Would be interested to see a 4-4-1-1:

...........................New GK

Pisano.......Wright......Webster......Kelly

Watkins........Pack......Smith.....O’Dowda

........................Weimann

...........................Diedhiou 

Rotate in Brownhill, Baker, Pato, Duric and Taylor. Looks a fairly strong squad to me. This is based on Bryan and Fielding going. If we lose Pack or Smith then we need our own version of William Carvalho- someone who does the unseen, tidy stuff alongside whichever of Pack/Smith remains.

Edit: Forgot Adelakun! Wonder if he rotates with Watkins on the wing. Also, could his twin Bakinson be the Carvalho type player?

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Always quite liked Weimann. Surprised to see he’s only 26.

We seem to be gathering more players with English experience, and nabbing them from other clubs in our league. Change of transfer strategy for sure, wonder what’s influenced it? Is LJ having more influence? Has the current setup been told it has to focus more on short term outcomes? Interesting season to come, that’s for sure.

Would be interested to see a 4-4-1-1:

...........................New GK

Pisano.......Wright......Webster......Kelly

Watkins........Pack......Smith.....O’Dowda

........................Weimann

...........................Diedhiou 

Rotate in Brownhill, Baker, Pato, Duric and Taylor. Looks a fairly strong squad to me. This is based on Bryan and Fielding going. If we lose Pack or Smith then we need our own version of William Carvalho- someone who does the unseen, tidy stuff alongside whichever of Pack/Smith remains.

Edit: Forgot Adelakun! Wonder if he rotates with Watkins on the wing. Also, could his twin Bakinson be the Carvalho type player?

really like the look of that but id rather see Webster and Baker at the back. 

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Good player.

Genuinely don’t think we have a prayer with Marriott, wants to live in Nottingham & interesting Derby.

Ironically this could help fund it.

Has Marriott actually said that he wants to live near Nottingham ? I thought that was just Barry 'Bull**it' Fry that said it to try and get NFFC to make a bid for him

Archived