IGNORED

Andreas Weimann - Now Confirmed - 3 Year Deal

Red Army 75

38 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He misses a lot of chances. Not much composure. But not a bad signing, a pretty safe one for any mid table championship side imo.

Name a player in in the championship who doesn't miss a lot.  If they didn't, wouldn't they be playing top team in prem?! 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

That is weird as I really don't think he's that good. Decent, but surely he shouldn't be our highest earner.

Decent CV though. He’s an international and has previously been with Villa in the Prem. I’m not surprised.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That is weird as I really don't think he's that good. Decent, but surely he shouldn't be our highest earner.

Well, he was probably overpaid at Villa, then overpaid at Derby. 

The figures I’ve heard add up to 8. And they’re not a 2 and a 6. 

12 minutes ago, Cider red said:

As I'm sure your aware Reid was an attacking midfielder until last season; weiman has played in further forward role a lot of his career; at Villa I'm pretty sure he played more centrally. If we're going for a 4 3 3 with him; pato and one other; there is no reason it couldn't be interchangeable. 

Fine but we are short of strikers , I am sure at least one coming in , Pato can do a job as well but their  records show not strikers as such 

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Decent CV though. He’s an international and has previously been with Villa in the Prem. I’m not surprised.

This. 

Full international, premier league and championship experience. Now O’Neill, Tomlin and Flint are out I imagine our highest earner is nowhere near as high as it was a short time ago. 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Can't see us paying him that much. That would be crazy. Does he even get in our best side once we bring in more players? Not so sure. I expect we will pay a percentage of the wage and derby will pay the rest. 

Using logic here:

- He’s done OK at Derby but not enough to make him wanted by the next level up

- He’s not asked for a move so Derby have to make up any shortfall

- He has 1 year left and is probably staring down the barrel of a worst contract (although still good!)

- FM is generally in the ballpark

So, for me, the figure probably starts with a 1 - in the region 15-19k would seem going rate and considering the reported fee and the calibre of the player, I’d take that. Decent addition under most circumstances where we are but for those metrics, more than happy

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Can't see us paying him that much. That would be crazy. Does he even get in our best side once we bring in more players? Not so sure. I expect we will pay a percentage of the wage and derby will pay the rest. 

I agree - we won't be paying anyone that sort of weekly wage!

Will he be a starter - absolutely......after last season, it's clear that we are crying out for Championship experience/know-how and this is what's pleased me most about who we have signed so far. It's another reason why I don't think we will sign Marriott from Peterborough (especially for £6.5m)

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Using logic here:

- He’s done OK at Derby but not enough to make him wanted by the next level up

- He’s not asked for a move so Derby have to make up any shortfall

- He has 1 year left and is probably staring down the barrel of a worst contract (although still good!)

- FM is generally in the ballpark

So, for me, the figure probably starts with a 1 - in the region 15-19k would seem going rate and considering the reported fee and the calibre of the player, I’d take that. Decent addition under most circumstances where we are but for those metrics, more than happy

Anyone know if Bobby Reid was offered this sort of money to stay?

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Jeez, I'm thick..................talk about the  Rougier brothers.  I thought, "Who T F is Andreas Weimann ?"                  Just realized you're all talking about Andy Vyman of Derby County, no wonder I'd never heard of him !  :grr:

Not the one from Newcastle then....Andreas Why Aye Man?

https://g.co/kgs/orZZvR

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

He runs around a lot. He is not a Prem player, but will give it what he has, which is to an extent limited. Squad player ,maybe . Depends what game we play, if he is to close down players, he has merit. Other than that, Meh. 

Strange how we see things differently. I think he'd really improve us. Played in better sides than ours for arguably all of his career including Prem and international experience. I'd actually say signing someone like him would be a bit of a coup for us. 

In terms of pedigree and high level experience, add in the fact that he's not a player who's 35 looking for a final contract, I'm not sure realistically how much better than this we could attract. I expect him to be a first team player, not a squad player.

Who would you rather see us sign instead?

Archived