IGNORED

Andreas Weimann - Now Confirmed - 3 Year Deal

Red Army 75

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

The time the medical is taking we could get another few pages out of this yet, so I'll add my pointless witterings.

I remember him for Villa and always thought he looked good, not taken much notice since.
If I'm reading that table right @Davefevs , his numbers stack up quite well. 60 games , 19 goals and 6 assists. Comes out at nearly 1 in 2 scored or assisted, not too shabby .
From what I remember, busy and quick, just what we were missing last year, and more so now BR's gone.

Or shock horror the post was wrong again?

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

The time the medical is taking we could get another few pages out of this yet, so I'll add my pointless witterings.

I remember him for Villa and always thought he looked good, not taken much notice since.
If I'm reading that table right @Davefevs , his numbers stack up quite well. 60 games , 19 goals and 6 assists. Comes out at nearly 1 in 2 scored or assisted, not too shabby .
From what I remember, busy and quick, just what we were missing last year, and more so now BR's gone.

The doctor's taking his time over the ' drop your underpants and cough ' .

Perhaps whilst the Weimann family jewels are in the medic's hand Ashton is saying 

" So Andreas , 500 quid is ok with you ? " 

" I didn't hear a ' yes ' ? " 

" Doc , tighter please " 

" Ok , 500 . " 

Job's a good'un .

If/when he signs, I think we will have gained a good forward, he can play a number of positions across the front line, as can Watkins  and (If we sign him) Adelukan. 

We then have Fammy and Taylor, with Djuric starting instead of Fammy for the first 6 games (at least), there's some competition for places, which is always good to see.

I think, if at the right price, a decent punt should be taken on Mo Eisa, a player that's got something about him, offers good value for money, and imho will only get better.

I'm not 100% that we are still bothering with Marriott, as any interest we did have, would now surely have disappeared in the light of interest from Forrest and Derby and the players reported want to live in Nottingham (3 girls to every bloke, can't blame him).

5 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

If/when he signs, I think we will have gained a good forward, he can play a number of positions across the front line, as can Watkins  and (If we sign him) Adelukan. 

We then have Fammy and Taylor, with Djuric starting instead of Fammy for the first 6 games (at least), there's some competition for places, which is always good to see.

I think, if at the right price, a decent punt should be taken on Mo Eisa, a player that's got something about him, offers good value for money, and imho will only get better.

I'm not 100% that we are still bothering with Marriott, as any interest we did have, would now surely have disappeared in the light of interest from Forrest and Derby and the players reported want to live in Nottingham (3 girls to every bloke, can't blame him).

Three girls to every bloke no longer applies, since Rudolf spent a long weekend up there .

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Three girls to every bloke no longer applies, since Rudolf spent a long weekend up there .

Yeah, it's now about 20 girls to just one bloke (but it was just a l-o-n-g weekend as you suggest, Major).

They were all warned not to touch Rudolf's horns but they didn't listen.

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

I think we should still go for Marriott as Weimanns scoring record isn’t brilliant whereas Marriott could potentially get a lot of goals in this division 

7 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I think we should still go for Marriott as Weimanns scoring record isn’t brilliant whereas Marriott could potentially get a lot of goals in this division 

I think he'd have been here by now if he was coming. 

Quoted as saying he wants to stay/live in Nottingham, suggests that he favours a move to NF or DC.

I think we will either go with what we have, look at a loan or take a punt on the likes of Eisa (hope so).

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

We signed Adelakun yesterday!

I think Wiemann is (in theory) a good foil for Diedhiou and I can see the logic in the signing. Whether he is capable of replacing Bobby's goals is another matter- though I didn't think Bobby was capable of Bobby's goals this time last year

11 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Whether he is capable of replacing Bobby's goals is another matter- though I didn't think Bobby was capable of Bobby's goals this time last year

I think this is the most important thing anyone has mentioned all summer. 

Bobby was never going to replicate last season. So even having Bobby still here would not guarantee to repeat Bobby’s goals.

We have signed watkins and Adelakun, with weimann still to come, possibly, but weve sold our top scorer, and our talisman.

the club has been asset stripped, and these players may come in and do well, but i would like to see someone come in who will capture the fans imagination and replace those goals that flint and reid gave us. I wouldnt suggest any more than 10 goals are likely if we signed those 3, and we already have lost our remaining main goal threat for the first month of the season. Somewhere along the line theres 14 or so million sat around from the maggers reid and flint sales, and we are lining the squad out with average quality wingers. We need some championship quality at centre forward, and preferably goal keeper and centre midfield too

1 minute ago, simon uk said:

We have signed watkins and Adelakun, with weimann still to come, possibly, but weve sold our top scorer, and our talisman.

the club has been asset stripped, and these players may come in and do well, but i would like to see someone come in who will capture the fans imagination and replace those goals that flint and reid gave us. I wouldnt suggest any more than 10 goals are likely if we signed those 3, and we already have lost our remaining main goal threat for the first month of the season. Somewhere along the line theres 14 or so million sat around from the maggers reid and flint sales, and we are lining the squad out with average quality wingers. We need some championship quality at centre forward, and preferably goal keeper and centre midfield too

We've had championship quality at "centre forward" for each of the last 3 seasons. When Kodjia left how would we replace his goals by bringing in a young kid on loan with no championship experience?

When Tammy left, how would we replace his goals by replacing him with one of our own, who had been faffing about doing next to nothing for 7/8 years and was certainly not a centre forward of proven championship quality?

Scoring hasn't really been a problem since coming back up and with Diedhiou and the current attacking signings I'm pretty sure we'll score enough. It's the other end that's the problem. Looks like we're signing players who are capable of pressing defending from the front. With Flint gone Webster could be an upgrade, just need a right back and someone in the midfield who will put his foot him when needed. 

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Scoring hasn't really been a problem since coming back up and with Diedhiou and the current attacking signings I'm pretty sure we'll score enough. It's the other end that's the problem. Looks like we're signing players who are capable of pressing defending from the front. With Flint gone Webster could be an upgrade, just need a right back and someone in the midfield who will put his foot him when needed. 

I keep saying this. People wondering how we replace Flint’s goals are missing the key point. 

The question we should be asking, is how we make it so we don’t need a centre back to chip in with 10 a season in order to tread water. 

Weve been a free scoring team for 3 seasons. We scored more than Huddersfield in the 16/17 campaign - they got promoted and we just about avoided relegation. 

How good was Pisano before his injury? I got the impression on here that he was fairly safe at the back and fast on the break with a good cross. Like several others coming back off injury he lacked confidence and a regular start.

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I keep saying this. People wondering how we replace Flint’s goals are missing the key point. 

The question we should be asking, is how we make it so we don’t need a centre back to chip in with 10 a season in order to tread water. 

Weve been a free scoring team for 3 seasons. We scored more than Huddersfield in the 16/17 campaign - they got promoted and we just about avoided relegation. 

Exactly the point. Flints goals on paper looks good but he cost a fair few goals each season due to him being an at best average defender in this league. 

7 minutes ago, Midred said:

How good was Pisano before his injury? I got the impression on here that he was fairly safe at the back and fast on the break with a good cross. Like several others coming back off injury he lacked confidence and a regular start.

I thought he was brilliant considering his background. Is a major question whether he can be that player again though. It is his last year of hos contract so I believe he should have the chance to show his good form again. If not we shop in Janury as Pisano would be off the books come next summer anyway. 

9 minutes ago, simon uk said:

:gaah: .   Not only a thorough exaggeration, but the club has made it very clear that developing players and selling on is an important part of their sustainable growth strategy, and  Lansdown in particular has been clear about this. Buy, develop, sell at a profit, reinvest at a better level.  Of course the club has to follow through with buying in better players so that we go on to the next circle in the spiral, and if they don't that would be a breach of trust. The pooint about the ratio of 'hits' to 'misses' has been thoroughly chewed over, and of course I can understand the frustration of some, but overall we are in the market for much better players than we were, say, 5 years ago. 

Bottom line, look at the ground; look at the training facilities; look at the players we are being connected with, and whatever is happening, we are not being asset-stripped. 

7 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Exactly the point. Flints goals on paper looks good but he cost a fair few goals each season due to him being an at best average defender in this league. 

Our most dominant defender and the kingpin and marshal of our defence, as pinpointed by numerous commentators and pundits during our cup run.

12 minutes ago, Midred said:

His attacking play is a myth. His crossing is generally poor. Look at his assist stats, throughout his career. It’s not just here that he’s been less effective going forward. 

The most alarming part of his game is his complete lack of positional sense and inability to track runners. 

I said (harshly) after seeing him in pre-season last summer that he looked like a competition winner. Sadly, since return from injury, he’s looked even worse than then..! 

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Our most dominant defender and the kingpin and marshal of our defence, as pinpointed by numerous commentators and pundits during our cup run.

That's so very true, Noggs but we did ship an awful lot of goals despite his presence - far too many in fact. Perhaps his move will help both him and us? We'll find out next month!

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Kingpin in a defence that's been shipping in goals for 3 seasons. He's only known and raved about because he scores goals. Those commentators only saw him in the cup games probably. Plus he's not really a leader who can help organise a defence 

21 minutes ago, Midred said:

I don't like to be overly critical of our players but I haven't been impressed with Pisano - too slow for a Championship full back and has been from the start. He looks a weak link in our team. I hope that a good pre-season will improve him but I'm doubtful. I just don't think that he is cut out for the Championship.

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Kingpin in a defence that's been shipping in goals for 3 seasons. He's only known and raved about because he scores goals. Those commentators only saw him in the cup games probably. Plus he's not really a leader who can help organise a defence 

Dominated in the air,  definitely,  marshalled our defence?  In his own admission, he concentrated on his own game.  We'll see this season how good Flint is/was or not. Far too many goals conceded for a promotion ambitious side. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

His attacking play is a myth. His crossing is generally poor. Look at his assist stats, throughout his career. It’s not just here that he’s been less effective going forward. 

The most alarming part of his game is his complete lack of positional sense and inability to track runners. 

I said (harshly) after seeing him in pre-season last summer that he looked like a competition winner. Sadly, since return from injury, he’s looked even worse than then..! 

My view is different, posted elsewhere (I won’t go over again), but I do worry that he won’t come back this season the player I thought he was early 17/18.  If he was rushed back (I think he was) then give him a bit of credit for playing when not ready - remember the same cost Bailey Wright his WC slot....and a slagging from City fans (undeserved imho).

If he was fit, then he cane back a shadow of himself, and it suggests he isn’t the answer for us.

A big pre-season for player and manager (in terms of whether to bring someone in or maybe he has Moore up his sleeve).

9 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

How the defence performed as a whole is not relevant to the performance of one individual within it. It doesn't follow that every player has been poor, and clearly Flint himself has been solid.

If you're determined to discount the unbiased praise of commentators and pundits, so be it, but whether we like Flint or not we've all seen with our own eyes how important he's been to City's defence and how remarkably consistently his individual performances have been over a number of years.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My view is different, posted elsewhere (I won’t go over again), but I do worry that he won’t come back this season the player I thought he was early 17/18.  If he was rushed back (I think he was) then give him a bit of credit for playing when not ready - remember the same cost Bailey Wright his WC slot....and a slagging from City fans (undeserved imho).

If he was fit, then he cane back a shadow of himself, and it suggests he isn’t the answer for us.

A big pre-season for player and manager (in terms of whether to bring someone in or maybe he has Moore up his sleeve).

Fair comment. I hope he steps up, but I’ve seen nothing other cause for major concern from him, so far. 

Archived