IGNORED

Gregor MacGregor

Lrrr

22 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In anticipation of inevitable negative comments I’ve been impressed with him so far. Talks sense and willing to engage with fans.

Totally agree. I like the guy. He's not going to get everything right, but at least he try's to keep everyone up to date as much as he can.

I don’t think he is terrible but the way the media world works these days he rarely breaks any real news and obviously has very little appreciation of anything City related that is over a couple of years old.

However when he is compared to the click bait nonsense written by what seem to be a collection of journalism students in that paper he seems like Brian Glanville..

41 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In anticipation of inevitable negative comments I’ve been impressed with him so far. Talks sense and willing to engage with fans.

Mind you I didn’t have a great problem with Stocky tbh.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yeah, to be fair I've changed my mind a bit. He puts a lot of effort in and the episode of the podcast with Michelle Owen I just listened too sounded pretty reasonable.

11 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yeah, to be fair I've changed my mind a bit. He puts a lot of effort in and the episode of the podcast with Michelle Owen I just listened too sounded pretty reasonable.

Michelle Owen also looks pretty reasonable.

It’s a tough gig reporting on Bristol City, I think he had a tough baptism and has got better and better.  He does have to get clicks so has to be a bit liberal with the truth at times.  Inbound players are always gonna want to be kept secret in fear of alerting other clubs, assuming Agents or Barry Fry-types don’t spill the beans.

Announce Weimann

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a tough gig reporting on Bristol City, I think he had a tough baptism and has got better and better.  He does have to get clicks so has to be a bit liberal with the truth at times.  Inbound players are always gonna want to be kept secret in fear of alerting other clubs, assuming Agents or Barry Fry-types don’t spill the beans.

Announce Weimann

Fake news - no hashtag. You`ve got to try harder mate.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I don’t think he is terrible but the way the media world works these days he rarely breaks any real news and obviously has very little appreciation of anything City related that is over a couple of years old.

However when he is compared to the click bait nonsense written by what seem to be a collection of journalism students in that paper he seems like Brian Granville..

He might be ok, well if he didn't ask the same people who chose the boat name to choose his superhero/Jurno name

1 hour ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

He’s Gregor McGregorface!

Exactly 

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Say what we like about him and his reliability with stories and rumours etc but fair play to the bloke, doing the level 1 coaching qualification to further his understanding of the game.

I wouldn't mind doing that…:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

Would agree that he can over do the click bait stuff. That being said I never buy the paper, so perhaps it’s a bit rich for me to complain about it. 

As others have said, that seems to be the way that the Post and other similar big regional papers are going these days, sadly. He could be the best journalist in the world but if he's under orders to get the clicks up by exaggerating and sensationalising then what can he do? 

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

As others have said, that seems to be the way that the Post and other similar big regional papers are going these days, sadly. He could be the best journalist in the world but if he's under orders to get the clicks up by exaggerating and sensationalising then what can he do? 

the BBC website is a prime example. 

The amount of outrage being sparked daily around the world is…outrageous :shocking:

14 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Would agree that he can over do the click bait stuff. That being said I never buy the paper, so perhaps it’s a bit rich for me to complain about it. 

Unfortunately I think their success is partly judged on how many clicks the site gets.. just the model the paper uses now given advertising revenue so unfortunately he is forced to do it really otherwise he might not keep his job.

I remember Stockhausen used to hate it but knew he had to. Falling paper sales have led to this model becoming necessary.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Unfortunately I think their success is partly judged on how many clicks the site gets.. just the model the paper uses now given advertising revenue so unfortunately he is forced to do it really otherwise he might not keep his job.

I remember Stockhausen used to hate it but knew he had to. Falling paper sales have led to this model becoming necessary.

I just wish it would/could take the stance and reel it back and become a newspaper once again instead of a magazine full of mush content. It’s like daytime tv for the newspaper world. 

I’m sure it’s lost loads of readers/web surfers because of its style with its ‘you’ll never guess what’ type articles. No I don’t want to guess, I just want to read. It doesn’t have to be a great literacy article, just interesting, informative and written without spelling mistakes might be a start. 

But i guess it’s like our high street shops, print is dying a death and the online equilivent is very different. Can’t blame the reporters to having to write in a style to bring in the revenue, but I just wish there was another way. I’m sure there are some really good people who are cringing about what they are being asked to do. @Tristan Cork seems a good bloke, and GergMacGreg has done something to improve himself within his job.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I just wish it would/could take the stance and reel it back and become a newspaper once again instead of a magazine full of mush content. It’s like daytime tv for the newspaper world. 

I’m sure it’s lost loads of readers/web surfers because of its style with its ‘you’ll never guess what’ type articles. No I don’t want to guess, I just want to read. It doesn’t have to be a great literacy article, just interesting, informative and written without spelling mistakes might be a start. 

But i guess it’s like our high street shops, print is dying a death and the online equilivent is very different. Can’t blame the reporters to having to write in a style to bring in the revenue, but I just wish there was another way. I’m sure there are some really good people who are cringing about what they are being asked to do. @Tristan Cork seems a good bloke, and GergMacGreg has done something to improve himself within his job.

Exactly. I never bother clicking on Post links if I can help it because of the intrusive ads, slow page loading times and pop ups. Makes it very irritating to read. I imagine lots of people agree with this so there must be a better way. Sad to see them resort to this really.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. I never bother clicking on Post links if I can help it because of the intrusive ads, slow page loading times and pop ups. Makes it very irritating to read. I imagine lots of people agree with this so there must be a better way. Sad to see them resort to this really.

Someone sooner or later usually does everyone a service and posts the relevant article on here and not just the link. I usually wait for that. Totally defeats the papers click bait intention but needs must as it’s an awful site and I won’t visit unless I really have to.

Archived