IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

Bristol City have had an offer of compensation to sign Hakeeb Adelakunrejected by Scunthorpe, Sky Sports News understands. 

The 22-year-old is out of contract at Glanford Park but the Iron are due remneration having signed him as a 16-year-old in 2012.

Adelakun has also been of interest to Hull and Nottingham Forest in the Championship, as well as newly-promoted Blackburn Rovers.

Scunthorpe offered him a new deal late last year but Adelakun has indicated he will not be extending his stay at the club. 

The promising winger scored five goals in 49 appearances as Scunthorpe made the League One play-off semi-finals last season, losing to Rotherham. 

The London-born attacker had youth spells at Crystal Palace and West Ham before joining Scunthorpe, where he has made a total of 169 appearances, scoring 20 times. 

17 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Good,  we seem in short supply of wingers.....

Patersons a number 10, Kent gorn off, Eliasson out on loan.

Think it makes sense.

At the moment, we've only got Watkins, O'Dowda and Eliasson who are actual wingers (that I can recall). If Eliasson ends up in League 1 next year, logic dictates we need another winger.

Plus, talented young footballer from the lower leagues on a pittance, exactly the type of signing PNE make and we miss out on.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Presumably if he is out of contract we can sign him now anyway & see what fee a tribunal sets..

Exactly what I was going to write, Graham
Guess it's easier to agree a fee, rather than get a nasty surprise further down the line though?

Just now, Woodsy said:

Exactly what I was going to write, Graham
Guess it's easier to agree a fee, rather than get a nasty surprise further down the line though?

From our perspective we're probably thinking we could get a lower fee than a tribunal would set.

While Scunny are probably thinking they could get a higher one.

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Does this mean he’s agreed to join us in principal? Just a case of agreeing compo, could go to a tribunal?

Would appear that a conversation has been had, or why waste your time talking to Scunthorpe about a fee. All these massive clubs sniffing around him, we don't want to look silly.....

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Would appear that a conversation has been had, or why waste your time talking to Scunthorpe about a fee. All these massive clubs sniffing around him, we don't want to look silly.....

Exactly, looks like a goer. 

Rumours of signings like him make me think even more that we're going to play a version of a 4-3-3 if/when Reid leaves.

O'Dowda, Adelakun and Watkins are all fairly tall and powerful for wingers - I think we're going to be playing with a lot more width and penetration. Could be an interesting stylistic change.

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's good. I like him, @Carey 6 will also be very pleased with this news.

He reminds me a bit of a young Adomah - fast, tricky and unpredictable. He's got the potential to be a very good player with a bit of polishing. Exciting signing if we get him.

That's exactly how I see him. Got to admit I originally saw him on one of Harry's lists a few years ago, since then always took an interest in how he was getting on & hoped we would sign him. 

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s weird to get excited about someone you know nothing about.... but afrocarribean wingers do get me excited... Greg, Albert, Bolasie (albeit not with us!) - we’ve had some good’uns!

Albert, Bolasie and this bloke are all of African descent, not Caribbean? You could've had Jamal though...

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Patersons a number 10, Kent gorn off, Eliasson out on loan.

Think it makes sense.

At the moment, we've only got Watkins, O'Dowda and Eliasson who are actual wingers (that I can recall). If Eliasson ends up in League 1 next year, logic dictates we need another winger.

Plus, talented young footballer from the lower leagues on a pittance, exactly the type of signing PNE make and we miss out on.

Why would we be doing that? Didn't we sign him for the best part of £2m last August because he was an exciting skillful winger.

49 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's good. I like him, @Carey 6 will also be very pleased with this news.

He reminds me a bit of a young Adomah - fast, tricky and unpredictable. He's got the potential to be a very good player with a bit of polishing. Exciting signing if we get him.

Just watched some clips and he reminds me of Carayol, if Carayol could finish. :) 

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think actually Pack was far less, around 75k if I am remembering correctly.

Flint was the 300k transfer that summer.

i think it was 75k cash plus a number of add ons that would of made the fee up to 300k, thats pretty standard in compo cases,

If scunny reject it then it will go to tribunal 

Just now, Davefevs said:

In 7-aside games :facepalm:

Are you telling me we are now scouting just above the local leisure centre level five a side leagues for our players?

I was half decent at 5 a side just never had the fitness of those 7 a side players, I could have made it if I didn't have the Friday and Saturday night beer. 

Archived