IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

I know it's been said but:

Scunthorpe United have today announced the signing of Andy Dales from non-league side Mickleover Sports.

The winger joins the Iron on a two-year deal as he joined up with the squad as they returned for pre-season training ahead of the new campaign.

A former Derby County trainee, he scored 23 goals last season and was selected in the Evostik NPL Premier Division team of the year for the 2017-18 campaign.

Dales was also called up to the England C team for a friendly against an Ireland Amateur XI in May.

The 23-year-old was invited to attend the V9 academy this month as Leicester and England striker Jamie Vardy looks to give non-league players the chance to break into league football and impressed Scunthorpe United scouts.

The transfer is subject to FA and EFL ratification.

Dales joins Duane Holmes, Josh Morris and Clayton Lewis as the only recognised wingers at the club, with Hakeeb Adelakun looking likely to leave the club once his contract expires on July 1.

So it looks as if they've already bought his replacement. I think the people who have said about July 1st are correct in that's when we'll be most likely to hear something, or at least before the club will have anything they can act on.

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Have we just accidentally tweeted a photo of him training with us?

Image result for hakeeb adelakun

image.png.c95202b600d4367d4ad447afc75f6c72.png

Check what is the left ear of the person in each picture.... Same shape. 

Check the hair line.... Same shape. 

I'd say its fairly conclusive? 

My Mrs used to a hairdresser and she reckons it's the same bloke. Although we have just had a baby boy who is 2 weeks old so she is tired lols. We named him Riley after Glynn. She didn't want him named after a footballer so super Bobby Taylor and walshy we're soon ruled out ;-)

11 minutes ago, Elruliri said:

My Mrs used to a hairdresser and she reckons it's the same bloke. Although we have just had a baby boy who is 2 weeks old so she is tired lols. We named him Riley after Glynn. She didn't want him named after a footballer so super Bobby Taylor and walshy we're soon ruled out ;-)

You should have insisted he be named Jet. What a cool name that would be for a son.

11 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

Hasn’t bakinson got a beard in the pic of him with Lloyd Kelly and the other guy training doesn’t have a beard.

Bakinson has a bit of facial hair, mainly on the chin, but it'll be hard to make out from far away and with the colour to hair tone For reference, Adelakun has much more facial hair and more of a beard/goatee than Bakinson

Northampton-Town-v-Scunthorpe-Utd-The-Em

Hope he is our player though. For me, very exciting player. Quite tall as well at 6’3 or so I have read. I’d be delighted to get this done. Could be similar to Cardiff signing Mendez Laing last season. Seemed an odd signing but really worked out for them

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I love a thread where we establish that we can’t recognise one of our existing players!

Some of us are at an age when we can't recognise our own families, so we've got no chance with the players!

25 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Bakinson has a bit of facial hair, mainly on the chin, but it'll be hard to make out from far away and with the colour to hair tone For reference, Adelakun has much more facial hair and more of a beard/goatee than Bakinson

Northampton-Town-v-Scunthorpe-Utd-The-Em

So is the guy pictured in training Bakinson or Adelakun? :laugh:

An acquaintance of mine is a forensic image technician. He uses state of the art technology upon photographs, using over 1000 points of reference to determine the identity of individuals from captured images. He has been called to the witness box in trials to offer his expert opinion on whether an individual who has been caught on surveillance cameras is the defendant. His input has been commended by the leading barristers and judges in this country. He is so accomplished that he has even been flown, first class, to the US to apply his skills in court over there.

I sent him the photograph that has appeared on this thread and asked him to utilize his talents to render us with the definitive identification. He e-mailed me back just a couple of minutes ago with some astounding news. 'What a coincidence,' he wrote. 'I haven't long been commissioned by Lee Johnson and his coaching staff at Bristol City to identify the same player in that photograph as they don't know who the **** it is either. I have been able to offer an initial diagnosis that it is definitely not Gustav Engvall which has relieved them greatly'.

Recently, at the London Marathon, a spectator picked up a genuine runner’s lost number, put it on, and ran the last couple of miles. There are always lots of joggers running around to keep fit so, as nobody knows who this person is, it could be that a random jogger was going past the training ground and just joined in. Easy to do 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Recently, at the London Marathon, a spectator picked up a genuine runner’s lost number, put it on, and ran the last couple of miles. There are always lots of joggers running around to keep fit so, as nobody knows who this person is, it could be that a random jogger was going past the training ground and just joined in. Easy to do 

Yeah and got sent to prison for it

best example was that guy who got in a pic with man united in the champions league, same guy did it with other sports too 

10 hours ago, Leveller said:

I love a thread where we establish that we can’t recognise one of our existing players!

It happens every pre-season too! And every year we discover that the club had not made photo gaff after all...

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s always the same for the first game, takes a minute to work out who`s who because half of them will have new beards/no beards//shaved heads/dreadlocks/man buns and look nothing like they did back in May.

It`s either that or my memory is failing more with every passing year.

Or you're at the wrong ground.

:yes:

Archived