IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Think we announced Kodjia on a Sunday?

I think Kodjia was something like 9:30 pm on a Thursday. IIRC the squad were in Portugal and the story broke that day in the French media and by about 8 o`clock had gathered so much momentum that the club had to announce it. It then popped up on the OS really late in the evening.

7 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Can you not sign a pre contract agreement from january onwards if you are a free agent that summer?

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not from another club in England I am quite sure. From abroad 6 months. Domestic has to be after season

I`ve never really regarded Scunthorpe as actually being part of England.

48 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Can you not sign a pre contract agreement from january onwards if you are a free agent that summer?

Technically a pre-contract might not be a proper football contract, so it means nothing....or if you have a very good lawyer it might mean a lot!!

Its tough to be legally binding if you’ve not been offered terms.  I know there are plenty of examples, e.g. Mandzukic and Lewandowski signing pre-contracts but there’s also been examples where players have also got out of them too.  The pre-contract is often signed “subject to medical” and that gives each side a get-out!

Good article here:

https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/training-knowledge/features-and-articles/enforceability-pre-contracts-football/

Welcome to BS3 Hakeeb. LJ makes some interesting comments re his attitude on the OS.

There was (until recently) lots of references to ensuring players have the right DNA for BCFC. So we have signed a young, explosive (as in fast) winger, who has apparently demonstrated signs of immaturity and laziness. This looks likely to be either a total flop or a superb bit of business.......only time will tell.

Archived