IGNORED

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

Buckeyed

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I want to see @Robbored turn this into a chant (as we know, chants that originate on OTIB can oft be heard ringing around the hallowed stands of AG)

Especially from Robboreds favourite part of the forum.

Will he believe in the chant if its lyrics dont get posted on the OS though?

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

the lad at sunny surely cant ask for two much. if he is rated that highly pay the money before someone else does.

You do understand what a compensation fee is don’t you?

he’s rejected a contract at scunny and has ether agreed one or going to agree one with us,

because he is under 25 and they have and they offered him contract we have to pay a fee, if this can’t be agreed with th two clubs then it will go to tribunal

its not as simple as offer x amount

If he is out of contract he goes where he likes and he doesn’t go to the highest bidder. Assuming it’s us then we either agree compensation or it goes to tribunal. 

Somebody can offer Scunny 10 times as much but the player decides and not the club. It would appear that he has already agreed with us otherwise we would not be offering compensation for taking him.

37 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

of course u can offer x amount. we all know it's about compensation. if more than one club is in for him then offer a decent amount and steal a march on the other clubs. not rocket science. 

I think you're missing the part where a player can choose where wants to go :laugh: Seemingly he's all but agreed terms with us just trying to agree a fee and if we can't it will be a tribunal. 

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I do hope we change formation. I hope we use more of our squad too. Pato I think will be used centrally more often if we sign two wingers. Though I am not sure he would be a regular. Brownhill I can see being pushed into a #10 role at times and even COD. It is nice that we seem to be looking a bit harder in England this summer.

I do hope we change formation. I hope we use more of our squad too. Pato I think will be used centrally more often if we sign two wingers. Though I am not sure he would be a regular. Brownhill I can see being pushed into a #10 role at times and even COD. It is nice that we seem to be looking a bit harder in England this summer.

Agree.  Wonder whether COD might play in the CM three, in a sort of Hourihane role, e.g. COD, Pack, Smith, or COD, Smith, Brownhill, or several other variants.

Funnily enough, Joe Bryan in that position would be a good shout too, thinking Wolves away in 16/17 season.

No idea about AA, but the video looks interesting. Good that he plays in a footballing team like Scunny, rather than a lump-ball team....but boy, how slow does Lg1 look these days.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

No. Against who? 

He normally spread his arms like the statue. Goal celebrations were much more sober than today as you would know. 

Saw him do it a number of times but at this length of time couldn't possibly identify the opponent.  Believe it was in his younger days

31 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Saw him do it a number of times but at this length of time couldn't possibly identify the opponent.  Believe it was in his younger days

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

My late father used to tell me about Atyeo doing cartwheels after scoring. 

It’s a pity there isn’t an “OMG amazing” button I could click 

13 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

of course u can offer x amount. we all know it's about compensation. if more than one club is in for him then offer a decent amount and steal a march on the other clubs. not rocket science. 

so no, you don't understand how it works,

24 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Reading between the lines sounds like either a punt or one for the future. Exciting.

Yeah I'd expect him, given his experience and ability, to feature fairly regularly. Competing with O'Dowda/Watkins. If we get Adomah or McGeady too I can see either Eliasson going out on loan.. or maybe O'Dowda being converted into an attacking midfielder/the same role as Reid.

From the way Johnson talks about O'Dowda I can see us trying to develop him into a similar style of player to C.Ronaldo, position wise anyway. Starting out as a winger, but developing into more of a forward. O'Dowda is tall and has the potential to be fairly powerful, much like Ronaldo, so I think this is how we'll try and cultivate him.

I also think we'll could end up playing a version of a 4-3-3 using the wide men in a more advanced role than we have been. Diedhiou/Djuric being the main forward with Paterson/O'Dowda/Brownhill playing more centrally as an attacking midfielder.

Archived