Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Buckeyed

Welcome Hakeeb Adelakun - Now signed

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Could be Bakinson.. but he looks a bit younger and I don't think he's as tall as the guy in the pic

Image result for bakinson

Bakinson is about 6’3

Ive never ever been in the know and never started any type of rumour  on this site, but I understand he has signed for us but were not allowed to announce until July 1st.

Edited by RUSSEL85
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Weird response. We’re clearly after him, it’s possible he could be training with us before we announce his arrival - and it does look like him. Not sure that’s being ‘excited over absolutely nothing’ - seems a pretty reasonable thing to speculate.

Does it though?

If we didn't have Bakinson already then yes I would agree.

However, I would certainly say the reasonable response is to presume it is Bakinson, as he already plays for the club.

People love a conspiracy though and I don't mean to spoil the fun, so crack on...

1 minute ago, Coxy27 said:

Does it though?

If we didn't have Bakinson already then yes I would agree.

However, I would certainly say the reasonable response is to presume it is Bakinson, as he already plays for the club.

People love a conspiracy though and I don't mean to spoil the fun, so crack on...

Bakinson is a reasonably obscure player for us, it's not like he's someone you'd necessarily expect to be training with the first team and certainly isn't one who jumps to mind straight away.

Just thought it was a strange response, hardly a conspiracy - just a question.

36 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No Woodsy

Theyre still relatively new To the football league

but tbf

Want the lowdown on a left back at Dover ?

Then they’re yer boys

:thumbsup:

Ha, is that the famous pic of them snarling away like a bunch of *****?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Ive never ever been in the know and never started any type of rumour  on this site, but I understand he has signed for us but were not allowed to announce until July 1st.

A good job you can be trusted to keep such information under your hat Russel .

:yes:

Wouldn't want stuff like that leaking out now would we ? 

Good work that man .

" Don't tell him Pike " 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

So, after all these years, we've found Lord Adelukan?

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, Buckeyed said:

Monitors heart rate etc too.

I like the concept of this. If worn by spectators, could we could claim a refund if heart rate and blood pressure increased due to what was happening on the pitch? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Have we just accidentally tweeted a photo of him training with us?

Image result for hakeeb adelakun

image.png.c95202b600d4367d4ad447afc75f6c72.png

I'm pretty sure that is Michael Owens leg just on the left of the picture

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Bakinson has a sticky outy Occipital bone, Adelukan does not so the training pic is the former. The end.

I like how you have both proper medical terminology (Occipital) and something I would use to describe my winky (sticky outy) in the same sentence

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Well done Russel. Following your tip I asked the question and it was confirmed by someone at the club that he has signed. It’s a “secret” so it won’t be announced until Sunday at the earliest. 

• Like 3

Guess we will soon find out about this one

Adelakans last day of his current contract is tomorrow 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

Of course it can be announced if it’s a pre-contract deal or bosman (if an older player). 

The club just hasn’t done it yet if he’s signed already.

No biggie, no BS conspiracy.

Of course it can be announced if it’s a pre-contract deal or bosman (if an older player). 

It could be that he's signed but they are still trying to agree a last minute fee instead of letting a tribunal decide.

49 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Possibly can’t because they are due compensation? 

28 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

If he's not signed a contract he's still their player so why would they let him train with us if he could theoretically get injured?

His contract is up tomorrow so perhaps he can sign a waiver to train elsewhere in his last week as he is not resigning there? 

39 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

His contract is up tomorrow so perhaps he can sign a waiver to train elsewhere in his last week as he is not resigning there? 

Or he could just wait til tomorrow 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Everything is a BS conspiracy.......

54 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Compensation agreements can take a while to be settled. He could be playing for City in the league whilst it’s to be settled.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Or he could just wait til tomorrow 

What the hell is wrong with him? He should be busting a gut to train with City. Obviously his heart's not really in the move!

33 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Compensation agreements can take a while to be settled. He could be playing for City in the league whilst it’s to be settled.

True but meant maybe can’t be announced until contract was up unless compensation was reached before? Idk but does seem likely he has shreed to join if we offered them comp

35 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ings compensation took ages.

I know it's been said but:

Scunthorpe United have today announced the signing of Andy Dales from non-league side Mickleover Sports.

The winger joins the Iron on a two-year deal as he joined up with the squad as they returned for pre-season training ahead of the new campaign.

A former Derby County trainee, he scored 23 goals last season and was selected in the Evostik NPL Premier Division team of the year for the 2017-18 campaign.

Dales was also called up to the England C team for a friendly against an Ireland Amateur XI in May.

The 23-year-old was invited to attend the V9 academy this month as Leicester and England striker Jamie Vardy looks to give non-league players the chance to break into league football and impressed Scunthorpe United scouts.

The transfer is subject to FA and EFL ratification.

Dales joins Duane Holmes, Josh Morris and Clayton Lewis as the only recognised wingers at the club, with Hakeeb Adelakun looking likely to leave the club once his contract expires on July 1.

So it looks as if they've already bought his replacement. I think the people who have said about July 1st are correct in that's when we'll be most likely to hear something, or at least before the club will have anything they can act on.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

:sub:

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Have we just accidentally tweeted a photo of him training with us?

Image result for hakeeb adelakun

image.png.c95202b600d4367d4ad447afc75f6c72.png

Check what is the left ear of the person in each picture.... Same shape. 

Check the hair line.... Same shape. 

I'd say its fairly conclusive? 

19 minutes ago, redrob said:

Check what is the left ear of the person in each picture.... Same shape. 

Check the hair line.... Same shape. 

I'd say its fairly conclusive? 

I think it's bakinson. We know he is training with first team squad.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think it's bakinson. We know he is training with first team squad.

That’s not bakinson. He doesn’t look like that 

My Mrs used to a hairdresser and she reckons it's the same bloke. Although we have just had a baby boy who is 2 weeks old so she is tired lols. We named him Riley after Glynn. She didn't want him named after a footballer so super Bobby Taylor and walshy we're soon ruled out ;-)

Edited by Elruliri
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Elruliri said:

My Mrs used to a hairdresser and she reckons it's the same bloke. Although we have just had a baby boy who is 2 weeks old so she is tired lols. We named him Riley after Glynn. She didn't want him named after a footballer so super Bobby Taylor and walshy we're soon ruled out ;-)

You should have insisted he be named Jet. What a cool name that would be for a son.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

Hasn’t bakinson got a beard in the pic of him with Lloyd Kelly and the other guy training doesn’t have a beard.

Bakinson has a bit of facial hair, mainly on the chin, but it'll be hard to make out from far away and with the colour to hair tone For reference, Adelakun has much more facial hair and more of a beard/goatee than Bakinson

Northampton-Town-v-Scunthorpe-Utd-The-Em

Edited by WRERE

Hope he is our player though. For me, very exciting player. Quite tall as well at 6’3 or so I have read. I’d be delighted to get this done. Could be similar to Cardiff signing Mendez Laing last season. Seemed an odd signing but really worked out for them