IGNORED

England vs Colombia : Official Matchday Thread

Selred

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sterling is probably due a few good games now. When he's on form he's excellent. Hopefully it's tonight. Rodriguez not being 100% fit is massive for us, their game relies on him.

This! Sterling and Alli we have yet to see anywhere near the best of them in this tournament, hopefully tonight they will kick start their tournament.

Really concerned about this game, they've got some top players and if we give them a sniff they'll punish us. And I'm sure they'll try to wind up a few of our boys. Will be interesting to see how we play against a team who might go at us a bit too. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, REDLEE said:

Really concerned about this game, they've got some top players and if we give them a sniff they'll punish us. And I'm sure they'll try to wind up a few of our boys. Will be interesting to see how we play against a team who might go at us a bit too. 

True, but so have we - let them be more worried about what we are going to do to them tonight

5 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

I don't think we will give Colombia a sniff. They have enough powder already, without the need for us.

6 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

Really concerned about this game, they've got some top players

So have we - more than they do!

and if we give them a sniff they'll punish us.

We have Kane remember, you could say exactly the same about him!

And I'm sure they'll try to wind up a few of our boys. Will be interesting to see how we play against a team who might go at us a bit too. 

Panama tried that and we destroyed them, don't think our players care particularity.

58 minutes ago, Selred said:

He won’t be. Here’s here for the next Euros, and rightly so. 

He has brought an identity, brought young players through, and needs a few year to get the team in shape. 

Almost sounded like LJ then!

LJ for England manager ;)

Not nervous in the slightest, like I would be with BCFC... Just excited! I think Colombia are the toughest opponent left in our side of the draw (with the possible exception of Croatia) so if we can get past today, I fancy us for at least a semi final appearance..  come on you reds... Err I mean England!

predicted we would reach the semi final on here before world cup started, do you know what would be slightly surprised if we did not now make the final, it just feels the god of football is after 52 years finally smiling on us again.

Say what you want about Southgate and the players he picked to go to this tournament, this is the first time in my life that I can remember feeling that we might actually do something here.

I might've thought we'd cause an upset or two at previous tournaments but I proper believe we CAN actually win something. It feels strange haha.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Haven't been this nervous for a football match for a long time. FFS don't let us down!

I have - every time City were 2 or 3 up!

17 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I like your dream better

but you have to ask what chance she has of lifting the world cup?

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

predicted we would reach the semi final on here before world cup started, do you know what would be slightly surprised if we did not now make the final, it just feels the god of football is after 52 years finally smiling on us again.

Or is the God of football smiling on Russia, Croatia, Sweden, Switzerland or Colombia?

'On paper' or whatever we might be the favourite amongst those sides, but it is getting ahead of ourselves to be talking about the Quarters yet, let alone the Final.

The old football cliche of 'one game at a time' needs applying here.

1 minute ago, Coxy27 said:

Or is the God of football smiling on Russia, Croatia, Sweden, Switzerland or Colombia?

'On paper' or whatever we might be the favourite amongst those sides, but it is getting ahead of ourselves to be talking about the Quarters yet, let alone the Final.

The old football cliche of 'one game at a time' needs applying here.

Of course it does - goes without saying. In fact, I'd say almost everyone is applying the 'one game at a time' thing because this is England we're talking about.

Despite that, you can't deny that that's a far easier list of potential opponents than the other half of the draw (France, Uruguay, Brazil, Belgium) thus we are more likely to make the final.

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Of course it does - goes without saying. In fact, I'd say almost everyone is applying the 'one game at a time' thing because this is England we're talking about.

Despite that, you can't deny that that's a far easier list of potential opponents than the other half of the draw (France, Uruguay, Brazil, Belgium) thus we are more likely to make the final.

You're right, we are more likely to reach the final in this half, I agree.

However, I was replying to a poster who suggested they would be 'slightly surprised if we did not now make the final'.

I think our chances are good, certainly compared to what they were when the tournament began, but to say it would be surprising if we didn't make the final now is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Archived