IGNORED

England vs Colombia : Official Matchday Thread

Selred

10 minutes ago, North London Red said:

For the superstitious among you, this isn’t a good thing to read:

https://mobile.twitter.com/coral/status/1014076279690350592?s=12

I also don’t like the fact we’re the 8th game of 8 in the round of 16. The last two times that happened, we lost to Argentina on penalties in 98, and to Iceland two years ago in Nice. 

Surely we can watch it online ? :D

12 minutes ago, North London Red said:

For the superstitious among you, this isn’t a good thing to read:

https://mobile.twitter.com/coral/status/1014076279690350592?s=12

I also don’t like the fact we’re the 8th game of 8 in the round of 16. The last two times that happened, we lost to Argentina on penalties in 98, and to Iceland two years ago in Nice. 

1 win in 11 on ITV. Some omen. 

Just now, EmissionImpossible said:

2-1 Colombia

also I will be counting how many people spell Colombia as Columbia 

:smartass:

Great tune thou. 

2 hours ago, Selred said:

He won’t be. Here’s here for the next Euros, and rightly so. 

He has brought an identity, brought young players through, and needs a few year to get the team in shape. 

Almost sounded like LJ then!

You could've said that about Roy Hodgson.

He tried to build an identity to the way England were to play, and his teams were the youngest to play in recent years.

The difference is that Hodgson bottled it in competition. If Southgate does the same, how is it any different?

55 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Really don't know what to expect tonight. Are we a little fresher after resting our players I wonder. Got to be confident of scoring goals with the attacking players we now have. 

I’m a little worried too. Belgium and Croatia both rested players on their final game and they were both fortunate to go through and looked off the pace slightly 

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

England to beat Columbia 2-0 then love island at 9.30....perfect evening !!

Won't the England players bit a bit too tired after 90 minutes against Colombia to then go 60 minutes on Love Island?

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

Or is the God of football smiling on Russia, Croatia, Sweden, Switzerland or Colombia?

'On paper' or whatever we might be the favourite amongst those sides, but it is getting ahead of ourselves to be talking about the Quarters yet, let alone the Final.

The old football cliche of 'one game at a time' needs applying here.

know what you're saying but don't you deep down have a sneaky feeling at last this could be our turn to get to the final, not saying we are going to win it mind that would be asking a lot but if you don't ask! 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really nervous. Proper churning in my stomach that I’ve not felt watching England in a long time. I think I actually care again. I love it. This is what football is all about. 

It's like meeting the ex again . It starts off well , you think " why did we end it ? " 

Then the old cracks  reappear ( No Rudolf ) and you realise it was right to move on , all along . 

England's chances depend on Kane staying fit .

Do we have  any other player in our squad who is genuinely world class ?

We have a good squad on the same level as Denmark or Iceland so we have a chance but we shouldn't get too carried away .

Oh sod it ! 

It's coming home , it's coming home ...

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Great tune thou. 

Slightly off topic but **** me how good is that.

Imagine hearing that coming out of a young Noel's house while you're on your way back from the shops for a pint of milk.

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Slightly off topic but **** me how good is that.

Imagine hearing that coming out of a young Noel's house while you're on your way back from the shops for a pint of milk.

The amount of potential singles Oasis had in the first two albums they didn't release.  Stand By Me could have been an album that took them to biggest band in the world hype. 

Should play this pre match, its such a banger.

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

The amount of potential singles Oasis had in the first two albums they didn't release.  Stand By Me could have been an album that took them to biggest band in the world hype. 

Should play this pre match, its such a banger.

Even the B-sides. Bands at the time would've killed to have some of the B sides Oasis have had. Cigarettes in Hell, Lets all Make Believe, Acquiese, Take Me Away, Fade Away, Listen Up.

Agreed RE pre match stuff mind. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO have a word mate! Columbia is a perfect.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Even the B-sides. Bands at the time would've killed to have some of the B sides Oasis have had. Cigarettes in Hell, Lets all Make Believe, Acquiese, Take Me Away, Fade Away, Listen Up.

Agreed RE pre match stuff mind. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO have a word mate! Columbia is a perfect.

Yeah I'm glad the club are a bit more receptive to music requests now. I appreciate music is a very personal thing, but surely songs like this have more appeal than playing 'Elbow' which we did and refused to change(!) for a couple of years. 

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah I'm glad the club are a bit more receptive to music requests now. I appreciate music is a very personal thing, but surely songs like this have more appeal than playing 'Elbow' which we did and refused to change(!) for a couple of years. 

I think the club know their audience a bit better. I'd bet the average football fan would rather hear I Wanna be Adored than One Day Like This. It's just about the demographic you need to appeal to.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I think the club know their audience a bit better. I'd bet the average football fan would rather hear I Wanna be Adored than One Day Like This. It's just about the demographic you need to appeal to.

I think we used to just try a bit too hard with some of our choices and it came across as quite pretentious.

I remember one season when we played Slam by Pendulum which I thought was a great choice, think the playoff season 07-08 and also Knights of Cydonia when we had a relegation battle one season.. can't remember the year. Two great choices there.

I remember pretty recently you'd always you'd hear the same songs before games.. Rocking all over the world, that Kill Bill theme and the Liquidator!

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think we used to just try a bit too hard with some of our choices and it came across as quite pretentious.

I remember one season when we played Slam by Pendulum which I thought was a great choice, think the playoff season 07-08 and also Knights of Cydonia when we had a relegation battle one season.. can't remember the year. Two great choices there.

I remember pretty recently you'd always you'd hear the same songs before games.. Rocking all over the world, that Kill Bill theme and the Liquidator!

Knights of Cydonia I'd forgotten about that! Now that's a cracking choice.

If I have to hear Freed from Desire again though, **** me, I'll top myself.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I am sure this will prove to be the highlight of the evening for some, or maybe all, of you: Morrisons' new TV commercial airs at 6.50pm, shortly before KO. A friend of mine worked on the production and she has insisted I tune in to see it. I for one am going to drop whatever I am doing.

Sadly the only use for adverts on TV games are either time to go to the bar or dash to the loo

I had planned to work as late as possible, but been clock watching for hours now, that's it I am off now to get the train home !

Archived