IGNORED

England vs Colombia : Official Matchday Thread

Selred

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Think because it wasn’t a straight on head, but rather more the side of his head into the chest, meant he got away with it.

Could have been a red though, I think our players now realise the magnitude of the game. It’s all about being streetwise now.

Seen it again. Red all day long 

Big problem with VAR for me is that it's removing the (fair) reasoning that it's a split second decision the referee has to make to account for the mistakes. Might always not agree with the referee decisions but most of us can accept that's the reality of the job, and you go to watch the game accepting they may make an honest mistake.

With VAR they get as long as they want and as many angles as they want and it's still inconsistent which doesn't sit well.

Probably 80 red 20 yellow, but we can’t blame the referee as he didn’t see it, we can blame var, but that’s been a completer farce anyway.

Why they didn’t let the ref review I don’t know. Yellow card given on the advice of some ***** watching it on a telly 

It’s all about winning the game, Colombia won’t give a shit about whether a red or not if they get through. They will do whatever they can to win the game, and we would moan about it for 34 years, like we have re Maradona’s hand ball. But he won the WC and we didn’t.

Thats top level football I’m afraid!.

It’s all about winning the game, Colombia won’t give a shit about whether a red or not if they get through. They will do whatever they can to win the game, and we would moan about it for 34 years, like we have re Maradona’s hand ball. But he won the WC and we didn’t.

Thats top level football I’m afraid!.

Wright and Dixon spot on with their comments we need to use it to our advantage , pressure the gimp of a referee etc

Archived