IGNORED

England vs Colombia : Official Matchday Thread

Selred

7 hours ago, North London Red said:

For the superstitious among you, this isn’t a good thing to read:

https://mobile.twitter.com/coral/status/1014076279690350592?s=12

I also don’t like the fact we’re the 8th game of 8 in the round of 16. The last two times that happened, we lost to Argentina on penalties in 98, and to Iceland two years ago in Nice. 

Let's be honest, we haven't played anyone decent yet. Tonight is the real test and I fear we will stumble after a spirited performance

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Can I just say Raheem Sterling i’m sure there is a good international footballer in there somewhere.

Seems like his feet are not properly connected to his brain so far during this world cup. Might be a confidence thing but overtime th ball comes to him the seems to stop the flow of our game which is the opposite of what he does at Man City. 

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Seems like his feet are not properly connected to his brain so far during this world cup. Might be a confidence thing but overtime th ball comes to him the seems to stop the flow of our game which is the opposite of what he does at Man City. 

Don't know if it is just my general blinkered dislike of him, and refusal to offer him a shred of praise, but his control v Panama seemed woeful. Not sure I saw him take it first touch close to his body.

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Done some great work already

As has Lingard

2 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

He seems to be developing to a magnificent player. Probably the fear of being sent to Ashton Gate on loan drove him to better himself.

Agree - took time to warm to him but Southgate seems to have given him a boost with his faith

Archived