IGNORED

Freddie Hinds ..... what next for him?

headhunter

Fairly common for most 19 year olds I would say. Would say another loan is a definite for him. Needs game time & more experience of League football imo. Would also say the choice of loan club is really important, have to play the right way imo for someone like Hinds. COYR 

2 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Fairly common for most 19 year olds I would say. Would say another loan is a definite for him. Needs game time & more experience of League football imo. Would also say the choice of loan club is really important, have to play the right way imo for someone like Hinds. COYR 

Yes game time is all important, don't need another Cheltenham experience for him where he hardly got a look in. Judging by his performances in the early rounds of the league cup, he has something about him.

He had a car accident didn't he? https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-youngster-freddie-hinds-936514

Thankfully he didn't sustain any injuries but that must have knocked him back mid season. Fingers crossed he can get a decent loan spell again, perhaps start afresh in the National League?

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Been at the club now for 18 months and was 19 in January. Season started well for him last year and there was that goal vs Watford.

Since then nothing other than an indifferent loan spell at Cheltenham.

Not rated by Johnson Snr or Jnr.?

Still got a good 3 or 4 years to become Bobby Reid MkII.

I've been impressed with Hinds the few times I've seen him play.

Big shout after the the little I've seen of him, but I think he's going to be a very good player. 

Unless we're planning to play him often next season, which I don't think we are, I wouldn't even play him in the early round cup game/s for us. Last year, January - May was wasted for him because he played for us as well as Cheltenham so couldn't join anybody else.

I'd send him out on loan until January, then once he's back, decide upon his move for the rest of the season. 

I'd attempt to find a league two club first, perhaps Newport/Forest Green/Yeovil. But also Solihull Moors had a couple of ours last year, that could be a good option. Edwards didn't play much there but O'Learys loan was a successful one. 

He needs to go and see what the other side of football is like. Away from the glitz of Ashton gate, surrounded by wealthy footballers, the pressure of big crowds etc. 

He needs to go somewhere where he’s a big fish, where he can see what could come of his career, if he doesn’t knuckle down and kick on. 

Somewhere with horrible facilities, low paid players who have been signed on free transfers, low crowds, no ambition etc. 

Maybe a club not too far from here, so we can keep tabs on him and he can train with us sometimes. Any ideas on who such a bad example of a football club could be..?!

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He needs to go and see what the other side of football is like. Away from the glitz of Ashton gate, surrounded by wealthy footballers, the pressure of big crowds etc. 

He needs to go somewhere where he’s a big fish, where he can see what could come of his career, if he doesn’t knuckle down and kick on. 

Somewhere with horrible facilities, low paid players who have been signed on free transfers, low crowds, no ambition etc. 

Maybe a club not too far from here, so we can keep tabs on him and he can train with us sometimes. Any ideas on who such a bad example of a football club could be..?!

Swindon, or are you thinking of a certain club a little closer to home?

22 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yes game time is all important, don't need another Cheltenham experience for him where he hardly got a look in. Judging by his performances in the early rounds of the league cup, he has something about him.

No doubt others will be shipped up there in his place.

21 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I've been impressed with Hinds the few times I've seen him play.

Big shout after the the little I've seen of him, but I think he's going to be a very good player. 

Unless we're planning to play him often next season, which I don't think we are, I wouldn't even play him in the early round cup game/s for us. Last year, January - May was wasted for him because he played for us as well as Cheltenham so couldn't join anybody else.

I'd send him out on loan until January, then once he's back, decide upon his move for the rest of the season. 

I'd attempt to find a league two club first, perhaps Newport/Forest Green/Yeovil. But also Solihull Moors had a couple of ours last year, that could be a good option. Edwards didn't play much there but O'Learys loan was a successful one. 

Good shout Forest Green. Would be a good move for him. Close to where we can keep an eye on him. And I could see him more. Just up the road from me.

21 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Swindon, or are you thinking of a certain club a little closer to home?

He needs to go out to a decent footballing side where he can get opportunities to bang in a few goals. So not Swindle or the Gas. I want to see him succeed but not scoring freely for those bunch of numpties. 

21 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

He needs to go out to a decent footballing side where he can get opportunities to bang in a few goals. So not Swindle or the Gas. I want to see him succeed but not scoring freely for those bunch of numpties. 

I wonder if Exeter until Christmas would be a good move - if they would have him of course.

9 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I wonder if Exeter until Christmas would be a good move - if they would have him of course.

I doubt it, as Stockley is very important to the way that they play. They have played a more direct style than before which usually requires a target man up front.

Send him to Maidenhead. Hour and a half down the road, proper little club and I’d get to see him most weeks. I’ll keep an eye on him for Tinman, or buy BT a drink if he insists on coming himself!

Anyone wants to help link it up, I have a contact with the Maidenhead chairman who has the fantastic name Pete Griffin.

52 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Send him to Maidenhead. Hour and a half down the road, proper little club and I’d get to see him most weeks. I’ll keep an eye on him for Tinman, or buy BT a drink if he insists on coming himself!

Anyone wants to help link it up, I have a contact with the Maidenhead chairman who has the fantastic name Pete Griffin.

Make it happen! Be our first ever ‘OTIB loan’! :P

Archived