IGNORED

Ashton Gate World Cup Village (Merged)

Undy English

39 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Has been for most games - it was previously by KFC side but now its down the side of LS. You can exit from 3 sides post match,. 

There were 2 days in for Sweden, Winterstoke Road and the Ashton Road thought. Expected the same Wed?

May be wrong re WR.

Currently stressed on route back from Cardiff to Bristol - don't blame me I have family living there and I can't disown them - and will be heading to the Gate to pick up my tickets for Wednesday. While I know I should be able to get them today I'm worried they will sell out. The Gate has become the ONLY place to see England bring it home.

Don't think I could go to the home of the fewers even if it was the only fan village in Bristol. Unless it was approached in a manner akin to a charity event....throw a few coppers in the buckets to allow them to build another 223 seats in a new tent.

Edit: in an absolute horror show I've got on the wrong train at Cardiff and rather than Temple Meads I've found myself in Swindon!!

Really busy, these tickets will be gone by today. Everyone getting 4 tickets on the off chance their mates want to come. Saw someone get 4 and then go back and get another 4. Should be strictly limited to 2 imo. If someone really wanted to attend they would make the effort to come and get a ticket.

I'm now super stressed. Should have been back into Bristol now having been away all weekend but got the wrong train and now travelling back from Swindle!!

Fingers crossed there are some left at 3.30. If not any spares would be HUGELY appreciated. Free drink guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

I'm now super stressed. Should have been back into Bristol now having been away all weekend but got the wrong train and now travelling back from Swindle!!

Fingers crossed there are some left at 3.30. If not any spares would be HUGELY appreciated. Free drink guaranteed.

Sure there will be plenty - initial rush died down by time I’d left 

11 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Sure there will be plenty - initial rush died down by time I’d left 

Hopefully that was the lunch time crowd and I can jump in ahead of the after-work mob.

As an FYI, I will get 4 even though I need 3...i'd rather the 4th goes to a City fan. If anyone can't get one I'll be offering it up here for free naturally....

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Lots of totally selfish Bristolians then grabbing tickets without assurances that they'll be used.

Should have been fiver or tenner a ticket to weed out the self centred in my opinion.

I don’t think it’s selfish it’s the clubs staff just giving out clumps of 4 to everyone. I think 2 pp would have been fine 

Start charging and you’d kill the thing off - given there are 1000 other places to watch it for free 

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I don’t think it’s selfish it’s the clubs staff just giving out clumps of 4 to everyone. I think 2 pp would have been fine 

Start charging and you’d kill the thing off - given there are 1000 other places to watch it for free 

£5er including a free drink would do the job I reckon

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Busy down there already. Lots of cars jamming up the road! Staff giving 4 tickets to everyone again !

Went down to grab 4 on my lunch break. Absolutely heaving. Must have been 200/300 in the queue when I got there and more people turning up on foot/cars from every angle. Over-heard someone say 2000 already gone (this was at 1.15PM). They had 4 employees stood outside the shop just handing them out. 

I estimate all 5.5k to be gone by 7PM today based on what I saw earlier. If you need tickets, get down there ASAP!

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Really busy, these tickets will be gone by today. Everyone getting 4 tickets on the off chance their mates want to come. Saw someone get 4 and then go back and get another 4. Should be strictly limited to 2 imo. If someone really wanted to attend they would make the effort to come and get a ticket.

I agree they need to resolve the issue of people re-queuing to get more than 4 tickets, but don't you think your other comment is a bit unfair? Some people do have work commitments that they simply can't get out of and rely on friends to pick up tickets on their behalf.

Got there about 12.45

Biggish queue of about 100 but moved quickly without really getting any smaller as plenty of people joining all the time

At least the tickets were already printed this time unlike for Saturdays game

I'm at Ashton Gate now and just heard the Shop confirm they are all gone just now. Asked if it was just today's batch or the whole lot and it was confirmed it was the whole lot.

Strangely, after I saw one guy get what was described as the last 2 someone entered saying he'd come 10 mins before to be told they were all gone then. He was then given one of the 'staff supply.'  Bit fishy but they are now confirming to multiple people they've sold all 5550.

I'm stood here finishing my coffee and one of the Shop staff has at least a handful in his hand/pocket so i suspect they have a few in reserve. If you are on your way here worth pressing in case.... good luck.

2 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

I'm at Ashton Gate now and just heard the Shop confirm they are all gone just now. Asked if it was just today's batch or the whole lot and it was confirmed it was the whole lot.

Strangely, after I saw one guy get what was described as the last 2 someone entered saying he'd come 10 mins before to be told they were all gone then. Bit fishy but they are now confirming to multiple people they've sold all 5550.

Not surprised at all. Was having when I visited on my lunch break. Queue didn't get any smaller as people kept arriving and joining from all directions.

Think of the British infantry squares at Waterloo with French cavalry attacking from all angles......

13 minutes ago, otib118 said:

I’ve just picket up 12 about 10 mins ago and the bloke had a fair few left in his hand

13 minutes ago, otib118 said:

I’ve just picket up 12 about 10 mins ago and the bloke had a fair few left in his hand

You may have been there when I was still outside. Either that or something weird is going on. I made a point of staying outside 10 mins and their message was consistent.

4 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Declaring non-existant income? Not very smart. Back in the 80s they had the right idea when publishing attendances!*

*for any HMRC auditors reading this, I'm joking, definitely.

...but if they need to explain where 'other' money has come from?

Anyway, what's most annoying is people grabbing 4 or 8 tickets and not all of them get used.

If the 30% (ish) non-attendance figure is correct, that's a lot of lost revenue.

I missed out today, got there around 6. Couldn’t get there any earlier. It’s disappointing, but I’m sure I’ll find another screen. At the risk of sounding entitled it is a bit irritating that non football fans, occasional (every 2 years if we’re doing well and it’s sunny) fans  are given the same opportunity to watch football at the stadium I have had a season ticket at for years, a place where I have literally spent thousands and thousands.

Looking at how popular it’s been so far, could they not have had a half or full day in which season ticket holders and members had first dibs? Hell, I’d even go as far as including Rovers season ticket holders in that priority group, at least they are football fans, not just part timers who want a nice day out and are unlikely to return to our club and use the facilities. I’m all for football being inclusive and everyone getting in to the spirit, but some of these folk just want a drink or are just going because their friends are.

Anyway, hope all of you going have a great time, I hope we all do wherever we all watch it :englandflag:

Archived