IGNORED

JET finally released by QPR

After 3 years and 12 appearances, JET has finally been released by QPR. Basically stole a wage for 3 years by the looks of it.

Shame what could`ve been if he actually had a decent attitude. Wonder where he`ll end up now, can`t see a championship or league 1 team going for him give his track record.

Luckily it seems we got the best from him, goal against the blue few and scored a few big goals in the 2 years he was here

2 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

After 3 years and 12 appearances, JET has finally been released by QPR. Basically stole a wage for 3 years by the looks of it.

Shame what could`ve been if he actually had a decent attitude. Wonder where he`ll end up now, can`t see a championship or league 1 team going for him give his track record.

Luckily it seems we got the best from him, goal against the blue few and scored a few big goals in the 2 years he was here

he'll end up like david noble plying a trade in te basement because he couldn't apply his talent on a regular basis, I fully expect him to sign for the gas 

JET is an incredibly talented player. I still maintain that he is the most gifted footballer I've seen in a City shirt in 28 years of supporting the club. Unfortunately I think he is player who struggles unless he is the centre of the team's plans but is impossible to put at the centre of a team's plans because he is not reliable enough. I'd love to see him go somewhere - even in League One or Two - and really shine but I fear he'll just drift from club to club. It's a real shame for such an incredible player to watch. 

Big shame how his career has gone. When he's on form and on his game he is fantastic. As @LondonBristolian said, one of the most gifted players we've had in our recent history. I'd actually say at his best he was better than Tomlin at his. Should've been a Prem player really based on talent alone.

Wouldn't surprise me if he moves to the MLS, he was over there a lot this summer. 

I loved JET- he was the sort of player that makes people fall in love with the game. The sort that the kids pretend to be on the play ground. How many of his goals were from 25 yards plus?

It's a shame that he obviously just couldn't be arsed/ didn’t have the discipline to reach the top (or even sustain a decent lower league career.)

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Big shame how his career has gone. When he's on form and on his game he is fantastic. As @LondonBristolian said, one of the most gifted players we've had in our recent history. I'd actually say at his best he was better than Tomlin at his. Should've been a Prem player really based on talent alone.

Wouldn't surprise me if he moves to the MLS, he was over there a lot this summer. 

Wouldn't surprise me either, or the middle east or China. You could see him not even training and still banging in a 25 yarder per game in those leagues while picking up a pretty penny.

He got loaned out to MK in his first season after failing to make an impact in the Championship, then joined Gillingham on loan for a season in L1 where he played nearly 30 games.

I think at some point in that time Skeletor arrived as QPR manager and totally froze him out of the squad, last season he wasn't even listed on their website as a player despite them holding his contract. 

I don't know if he even trained with them, when i bothered to see what he was up to (i don't follow him) he was always at the boxing with his mate/watching or playing basketball or organising his club nights.

Bit sad really, get the feeling they probably tried to mutually rip up his contract and he refused which is probably understandable the wedge they probably gave him Vs what he earned with us. 

JET has all the natural ability of a gifted footballer...unfortunately it's gift wrapped in the body of a Boxer.

Regardless of how much he trained and was disciplined...his body couldn't cope with the fast pace of league football over a season.

If games lasted 40 mins...he'd be ok imo.

It's purely down to his body.

He obviously realises this...how frustrating it must be, to know you have all that talent, but however much you trained, you'd never have the body to succeed at a good level...how soul destroying. No wonder he's let his mind wander and become more interested in other activities.

12 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

He got loaned out to MK in his first season after failing to make an impact in the Championship, then joined Gillingham on loan for a season in L1 where he played nearly 30 games.

I think at some point in that time Skeletor arrived as QPR manager and totally froze him out of the squad, last season he wasn't even listed on their website as a player despite them holding his contract. 

I don't know if he even trained with them, when i bothered to see what he was up to (i don't follow him) he was always at the boxing with his mate/watching or playing basketball or organising his club nights.

Bit sad really, get the feeling they probably tried to mutually rip up his contract and he refused which is probably understandable the wedge they probably gave him Vs what he earned with us. 

To be fair if he can make it as a DJ/Producer/promoter then he'll be doing pretty well. If it's a case of him not really enjoying football anymore and wanting something else then all the best to him. 

It'd be great to see him tear up the lower leagues again though. 

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

JET has all the natural ability of a gifted footballer...unfortunately it's gift wrapped in the body of a Boxer.

Regardless of how much he trained and was disciplined...his body couldn't cope with the fast pace of league football over a season.

He obviously realises this...how frustrating it must be, to know you have all that talent, but however much you trained, you'd never have the body to succeed at a good level...how soul destroying. No wonder he's let his mind wander and become more interested in other activities.

I made that point before. He is a odd shape for a football player. His body shape is more mesomorph than ecto/endo as most football players are.

He must have worked insanely hard to become as skilful as he is, that skill is the result if endless intense practice and that body will always hold him back. He may be as skilful as he is because of his limitations, due to always having to work harder at that aspect of football to keep on par with individuals who were physically better suited to football.

21 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I made that point before. He is a odd shape for a football player. His body shape is more mesomorph than ecto/endo as most football players are.

He must have worked insanely hard to become as skilful as he is, that skill is the result if endless intense practice and that body will always hold him back. He may be as skilful as he is because of his limitations, due to always having to work harder at that aspect of football to keep on par with individuals who were physically better suited to football.

Indeed...I often noticed how strong his upper body was...he'd hold off a player, or use his big frame to roll a player...with a big stride he was often away...and I remember he had a turn of speed on him when he needed to.

However...he needed 10 mins to recover. Just hasn't got the mileage in him that footballers need.

If you follow his Instagram account he's been putting in a shift at some football fitness academy, surprising given he's been living the life of Riley and DJing these past 9 months. Perhaps he thought he'd try and give it one last go this summer.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

I'd take him back here as a squad player. He'd surely see it as his last chance playing at this level. We know he's got the ability to do so.

Won't command a big wage at all either because of the previous few years. 

good god no, why waste wages on someone who couldn't get into a poor QPR side and was only coming off the bench in our promotion winning side, we'd be better off giving bench space to Morrell

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I'd take him back here as a squad player. He'd surely see it as his last chance playing at this level. We know he's got the ability to do so.

Won't command a big wage at all either because of the previous few years. 

Same actually. I just really enjoyed watching him play. He really was awesome when he first joined, so skillful and awkward.

Imagine a fit and firing JET playing just behind Diedhiou.

I know it's pretty fanciful and would never happen.. but I loved watching him play and really like the idea of him turning it around..

Probably the best penalty taker I've ever seen. I loved how he used to wait for the keeper to move and if they stayed still he'd simply pass it into the corner out of reach. We were extremely lucky to have him and Smith to keep us winning when Wilbraham and Agard were both injured at the same time in the double winning season.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

So, a bit like Lukaku?

If so, why couldn't he play as a 'bustling' centre forward?

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, a bit like Lukaku?

If so, why couldn't he play as a 'bustling' centre forward?

More like Harry kane. Ideal shape for a front man.

Bar injury these players should always be fit in my opinion , after all its what they get paid for. Being not fit is a bit like turning up to work without you're tools , always used to say it about Rooney too.

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Probably the best penalty taker I've ever seen. I loved how he used to wait for the keeper to move and if they stayed still he'd simply pass it into the corner out of reach. We were extremely lucky to have him and Smith to keep us winning when Wilbraham and Agard were both injured at the same time in the double winning season.

Yes always thought it was a shame that when they were fit again, he was instantly dropped.

Archived