IGNORED

Welcome Jack Hunt - Now officially signed

Another very experienced player at this level (with Weimann) who we’ve targeted because of Derby and Wednesday’s financial situation (not dire but needing to be a bit more prudent) and both player’s in final year of contract.

Proper RB this lad (27 - lad?).

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

The Sheffield Wednesday fans seem to be a bit gutted on twitter, a few are saying they'll drive him here though but you get that with every club. My only worry is a lot of them are saying he's very injury prone.... Webster got the same comments... Notice he hasn't really played that many games over his career either for his age. I'm excited by the signing none the less and it looks like, at 1.6 million, we've got ourselves an established proven championship RB. Let's hope he stays fit all season! Looks like a signing that will replace Pisano rather than challenge him. 

Over 250 at 27....that’s more than plenty?

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Like this lad a lot.  Can play and defend.  Are we trying to take advantage of club’s struggling financially......Derby, Wednesday.

LJ alluded to the fact that a few clubs would be in difficulty in this window because of their finances so the answer is yes.

Now, who can we take from Villa ...? :shifty:

This is his Football Manager profile. Looks very, very good indeed. Very excited by our business so far and this is no exception. Seems to me like a rather attack-minded right back/right wing back, which fits with the idea that we will play with a very high tempo again this season.

20180704195315_1.thumb.jpg.b49a5973d19dd91d59fca9cab708f99a.jpg

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Over 250 at 27....that’s more than plenty?

and 128 of those were 09-13! So since the 13/14 season he has made 122 appearances. That works out at 24 and a half a year up until today. If we compare him to say, Joe Bryan, who is on 216 now, 4 years younger, by the time he reaches 28 I expect joe to have made around 400+ So no its not a lot of games for a 27 year old. 

Just now, GrahamC said:

So, signings from Norwich, Ipswich, Scunny, Derby & Sheffield Wednesday, with a goalkeeper undoubtedly to come.

Huge change of policy, really like this lad, very good signing.

Feels good to be taking first team players from clubs that were in the Premier League not a million years ago.

Archived