IGNORED

Welcome Jack Hunt - Now officially signed

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

We'll fall out if you come in for Bazza. 

He's on a fortune anyway, think you're too sensible with wages to pay daft money like that.

Hunt must be on a decent wedge? He joined you from the Premier League didn’t he?

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

His wiki says be can also play right mid, is he any good there?

Energetic, versatile players seems to be a theme with our signings.

Don't forget injury prone :thumbsup: Sounds promising though

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

His wiki says be can also play right mid, is he any good there?

Energetic, versatile players seems to be a theme with our signings.

Not once in nearly 100 games for us has he played there. So genuinely have no idea. But I suspect that may be incorrect as I've only ever known him as a defender for all his clubs. 

BTW looks like you are building a decent team with the money you've raised from key players leaving. Arguably we should have been doing the same for the last 2 years and maybe that's why we've stagnated. We could've offloaded Fernando and other key players at times for good money but our chairman won't sell a soul lightly. But I reckon in the Championship you've got to move with the times and refresh things. We'll see I guess. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

BTW looks like you are building a decent team with the money you've raised from key players leaving. Arguably we should have been doing the same for the last 2 years and maybe that's why we've stagnated. We could've offloaded Fernando and other key players at times for good money but our chairman won't sell a soul lightly. But I reckon in the Championship you've got to move with the times and refresh things. We'll see I guess. 

I'd stay quiet if I were you, if you believe some of the people on here we're relegation bound for not replacing the departed players with better for less money ;)

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd stay quiet if I were you, if you believe some of the people on here we're relegation bound for not replacing the departed players with better for less money ;)

Hard to call though isn't it. The leagues such a lottery with so many variables that can click into place and before you know it you're having a great season or a disaster. Teams that look average on paper are suddenly in the top 6 and teams with superstars are suddenly in the bottom 6. Don't know why I bother predicting anything. 

5 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Sounds solid. But wheres the marquee signing this season? Would like us to spend on one of the best in this league, someone proven and highly rated by everyone. 

Get Marriott in along with Button, that would do me although JB leaving would surely mean another LB heading in?

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Another experienced player at this level and above. Somehow think LJ is starting to learn..

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Seem to be going for experience in this window. 5 signings if this happens, 4 experienced. Some that wanted that will still moan I bet! Glad we aren't messing around gambling on a foreigner in this problem position.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I’m just pleased to see we’re going for more proven players rather than expensive punts abroad. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

So, signings from Norwich, Ipswich, Scunny, Derby & Sheffield Wednesday, with a goalkeeper undoubtedly to come.

Huge change of policy, really like this lad, very good signing.

33 minutes ago, eric04 said:

A definite policy shift. Buy players who have established themselves in English football, and in most cases in the Championship. All under 30. 

Yes, it looks like a different approach to recruitment.  Surely at least some of this must be down to our achievements last season.  Would this type of player have signed for us a year ago?

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Hard to call though isn't it. The leagues such a lottery with so many variables that can click into place and before you know it you're having a great season or a disaster. Teams that look average on paper are suddenly in the top 6 and teams with superstars are suddenly in the bottom 6. Don't know why I bother predicting anything. 

Is that a dig at your neighbors by any chance? 

Cardiff are a prime example, on paper they looked terrible, the football they played was terrible, but look at them now. 

It it was a surprise to see you and reading struggle considering the seasons you both had prior. Who knows what will happen this time round, best of luck and hope you enjoy it apart from the 2 maybe/hopefully 4 games against us next season 

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah not massive, as someone pointed out though we did sign him from the Prem so could be on a bit more I suppose.

Can’t see Huddersfield being big payers, between 15k-20k would be about right. 

Any news on you selling Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper and the proper big earners you have? 

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Can’t see Huddersfield being big payers, between 15k-20k would be about right. 

Any news on you selling Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper and the proper big earners you have? 

Pretty sure he came from Palace, unless you mean Huddersfield are also in for him.

I still don't think our key players will go, can't see much coming in but I think the chairman will be reluctant to weaken us too much. If the right offer comes in though who knows.

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Is that a dig at your neighbors by any chance? 

Cardiff are a prime example, on paper they looked terrible, the football they played was terrible, but look at them now. 

It it was a surprise to see you and reading struggle considering the seasons you both had prior. Who knows what will happen this time round, best of luck and hope you enjoy it apart from the 2 maybe/hopefully 4 games against us next season 

Those pigs did so well last season aye, but I hope they come crashing back down to earth. And yeah, I have exactly the same view on Cardiff in terms of where I thought they'd finish last season and where they did. Just shows you. I guess the manager was a huge catalyst for that. 

Easy to say it when we didn't achieve it but we'd have definitely been up there if we didn't have the injuries we had. Honestly the worst I've ever known at a single club. At one point we had 15 players out injured for weeks. Forestieri missed 40 games, Hooper, Westwood, Lees, Lee, Hutchinson, Fletcher, Hunt, Van Aken, Abdi and more all for either half a season or longer. We were down to academy players and 3rd choice keeper through a lot of January to March. Surprise surprise when the players started coming back we won 6 out of the last 8. A the time I was surprised most of the league didn't know about this casualty list but I guess that's probably because no one cares unless it's their own team. :laugh:

10 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Sounds solid. But wheres the marquee signing this season? Would like us to spend on one of the best in this league, someone proven and highly rated by everyone. 

To be fair, in previous years we've had marquee signings who have either come in and flopped (Marcus Stewart, David James), or come in with a load of lower quality players.

If all we get in during this window is 5 or 6 average/established Championship players, then we've done a hell of a lot better than in previous seasons.

23 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Hunt must be on a decent wedge? He joined you from the Premier League didn’t he?

Yep Holloway signed him for Palace but Hunt never played in the premier league? Broke his leg in training a week after joining Palace I think, pretty unlucky that - he was out for four months then went to Barnsley on loan....

50 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I had Adelekun at 500k, Webster £3m and Weimann £2m but even if your figures are correct five good (hopefully!) players for the price of just over one looks pretty good business IMO.

So you think they are earning bobbys wage between them? When will people learn, it’s wages that matter!

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

As @Owl Visiting said opinnion is split from sheff wed. Worryingly we are signing another injury prone player though. 

I really don't think we need to worry seeing we recently signed a premier league first team physio from Arsenal.....

.......ah, okay PANIC!!

5 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Pretty sure he came from Palace, unless you mean Huddersfield are also in for him.

I still don't think our key players will go, can't see much coming in but I think the chairman will be reluctant to weaken us too much. If the right offer comes in though who knows.

Sorry, I thought he was at Huddersfield before you :facepalm:

As I said to another Wednesday poster on paper you look to have a very strong side

Archived